Twitter: Stephen on losing Moore or Quinn

Plankton

Reaction score
Just curious for the internet GM’s and owners out there…what is he supposed to say? Please post a script on what to say. “We will replace McCarthy before losing Kellen”. Is that what he is supposed to say?

How about he not do a weekly radio show that only serves to fet his own ego rather than benefit his team?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Didn't wanna say it this is my thinking also but don't rule out Mike Tomlin.......

Tomlin could be in trouble but Big Ben might be the one who takes the blame this year.

Somehow Seattle has to keep Russell Wilson happy and hiring a young offensive genius might do it.

I think Moore stays with Dallas at least one more year but Seattle could scare me if they do move on.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
For years this was said about Garret .

"sign him now, because everyone is dying to have him as HC !"

long story short (10 years later) , he barely got an OC spot. And he is awful .

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Tomlin could be in trouble but Big Ben might be the one who takes the blame this year.

Somehow Seattle has to keep Russell Wilson happy and hiring a young offensive genius might do it.

I think Moore stays with Dallas at least one more year but Seattle is could scare me if they do move on.

Russ is in the final year of his contract's guaranteed money. He will not play another year for the Seahawks without a new deal. Pretty sure that messages he was sending this past offseason intentionally missing a few workouts. He going to want Mahomes money and I'm sure the Seahawks are on the same page. Put another way, I'm not sure both he AND Carroll are back after the season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/russell-wilson-9885/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
For years this was said about Garret .

"sign him now, because everyone is dying to have him as HC !"

long story short (10 years later) , he barely got an OC spot. And he is awful .
Which is a good example how a hot commodity could go cold over the years. And the phone stops ringing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I think Moore stays with Dallas at least one more year but Seattle could scare me if they do move on.
Ben will retire most likely . He has been from what I’ve read considered more of the problem on his last legs.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
What I would have said is ..

"We are focused on this season with the coaches and players we have and we are excited to see what happens. We will worry about next season after this season is over."

It's not very hard ...

Now Reality you know that isn’t even a fair fight. You are much more astute than Stephen, so much more!
:muttley:

Reaction score
Clearly it is possible any time you have a OC or DC who is having success you run the risk of losing them at some point. I would also had Jerry took a lot of heat when Moore was named OC and now that Jerry was correct in his views on Moore, Jerry and organization takes heat because they may lose him at some point. Should Moore choose to take on a HC job does Doug Nussmeier who is QB coach and has worked a OC in college and QB coach in the pros step in. If anyone knows the system Moore is running it would be Nussmeier who has been on staff in Dallas since 2018.
If Moore were to get a HC position there is a good possibility that he takes Nussmeier with him as OC.

If Jerry wants to win a Super Bowl before he dies, his best chance is to keep this group together as long as he possibly can. Jerry should just open his checkbook and pay Moore, with the understanding that he would be the first in line to take over for MM when he leaves.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No ..... The point is that all of those guys had at least twice the coaching experience that Kellen does ....... Do some research, it's not just his age, it's how long he has been coaching.
Exactly...takes time to learn in the NFL...so.i am not opposed to Moore becoming HC but.consequence is for us to live while he learns game management. Locker room management and thenpychiateic part of being a HC and motivator.

All those other guys were at it several years. And outside of mcvay who had 6-7 years NFL coaching experience the rest learned while the team.adjusted.

Verdict

Reaction score
This is actually the second time he's addressed this. The first time he pretty acknowledged we'll probably lose Kellen, saying they wanted to take the advantage of him while he's here.

Has Jerry EVER lost a coach he really wanted to keep? I can’t remember any getting away.

Havic

Reaction score
Moore is probably gone and MM will take over play calling. Quinn will be around for another year imo.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Win win scenario is Coach Mac wins the SB, retires, and Kellen takes over....

Reactions: BAT

visionary

Reaction score
Mike did say in a PC this year that his goal was to have Dak play in the same system his entire career, because he'd seen that work with Favre and Rodgers and he thought it helped them to never have to learn a new language.

So I assume even if they hired someone from outside the organization, the new OC would be the one learning the current system.

I’m not sure that is a good idea
Typically up and coming OCs have worked in “their” system for years and have modified it slowly over the years to make it their own. They know it’s Ins and outs and when to call what play. I definitely do not want an OC who has to learn our system. It’ll be foreign to him and it will take him time to really learn it’s nuances