Stephen on trade deadline

LysleE

Reaction score
Translation: we can’t spend money on impact players to help the team because we have to renew the contract of our QB, who has the secret sauce that can take us to the Super Bowl; even though we have been at this for almost 30 years we’re still trying to figure this NFL-thing out…and we’re getting close to doing so, but in the interim, we like our guys and will maintain status quo while other teams are improving their rosters.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would love to go after Brian Burns of the Panthers. They have to be considering sell mode on him. They are 0-6. He is playing on a 5th year option this year and is not under contract next year. He hasn't missed a game all year but mysteriously he showed up on their injury report and may not play this weekend.
That's because they are shopping him to some Super Bowl contenders who think a missing piece like him can put them over the top. Too bad that's not us. Imagine pairing Burns with Parsons. Teams wouldn't be able to triple team Parsons because they'd no longer have Armstrong or Williams on the other side, or even Lawrence, whom I have mad respect for but isn't a feared pass rusher at this point.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How about
Trade a 6th and Gallup for Devante Adams
Give a 5th and 2025 6th for Henry

would require some restructuring to fit under the cap in 2023.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones @1053thefan on the NFL trade deadline (Oct. 31): “Anybody who knows us knows we’re always open for business. We’ve been in here 30 years. It’s just having something that makes sense.”

“For a player to come in and help this team right now, it’s more than likely, unfortunately, it’s gonna probably be somebody who is an established guy and he’s usually well paid and they probably want a lot for him. That makes it a challenge. It’s probably why you don’t see as many trades as you might think. You hear a lot of names in the rumor mill, but when it comes right down to making one, it gets hard. We were down to the wire with one last year in Brandin Cooks. Between the compensation for the team and the compensation for the player, it just became very difficult to make it work. Now, we ultimately made a deal (in March) and got Brandin here in Dallas. But it didn’t work out at the trade deadline because of some of the variables that go into that that I just mentioned.”

This kinda confirms they are working on something for Henry in my eyes

visionary

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones @1053thefan on the NFL trade deadline (Oct. 31): “Anybody who knows us knows we’re always open for business. We’ve been in here 30 years. It’s just having something that makes sense.”

“For a player to come in and help this team right now, it’s more than likely, unfortunately, it’s gonna probably be somebody who is an established guy and he’s usually well paid and they probably want a lot for him. That makes it a challenge. It’s probably why you don’t see as many trades as you might think. You hear a lot of names in the rumor mill, but when it comes right down to making one, it gets hard. We were down to the wire with one last year in Brandin Cooks. Between the compensation for the team and the compensation for the player, it just became very difficult to make it work. Now, we ultimately made a deal (in March) and got Brandin here in Dallas. But it didn’t work out at the trade deadline because of some of the variables that go into that that I just mentioned.”

How do you not appreciate the sheer tenacity and desire to win

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Well if eagles add another piece and we don't then it just tells you more about the jones.
Look..We Got To Stop Thinking Of What Other Teams Are Doing Including The Cowboys Base On Just Making a Trade.

OH Oh..Eagles Made a Trade..Hurry Jerry & Stephen Make a Trade, Eagles Just Did One..
You Can't Make a Trade Base On What Other Teams Are Doing Is Just Asinine.

So I Dont Give a Rip On What Other Teams Are Doing and S Jones Got a Valid Point Here..NUFF SAID.

Last edited by a moderator:

Star Guard_31

Reaction score

Stephen's prized acquisition is on pace for a sub-30 catch season and is averaging less than 9 yards per reception. :lmao:

Mr_437

Reaction score
This is the response you've come to expect if you have followed this team long enough. Then we'll here about a couple of trades they were in on. However, Stephen is right about compensation for good players. If you can get a guy for a mid to late round pick, cool.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Well had made that trade for Cooks last year we’re out a 2nd at least this past offseason. Sometimes it works out for the best.
And had we had another weapon vs the 9ers then it would've worked out another way too

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys is a business.

They stopped caring about the football side of it when they started to print money.
Not at all ball park.

Some people are still committed to dedication and for the love of sport. Not just grabbing money or snubbing followers.

Jerry has almost a reverence for the Dallas Cowboys history and prestige...some fans really don't recognize the integrity and ethics positively invested in by that same Jerry.

You love protest...enjoy your choice.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

When i hear Stephen Jones talking about "sense" it always makes me chuckle.