Stephen on trade deadline

CCBoy

Reaction score
So, now you believe. You changed your mind. I believe they certainly are making calls and trying to make a deal or 2.
Their eyes are open and their lips not moving...just responding to questions.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Translation: we can’t spend money on impact players to help the team because we have to renew the contract of our QB, who has the secret sauce that can take us to the Super Bowl; even though we have been at this for almost 30 years we’re still trying to figure this NFL-thing out…and we’re getting close to doing so, but in the interim, we like our guys and will maintain status quo while other teams are improving their rosters.
No, that hasn't been said once...only by yourself.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
And if anyone after reading that Steven comment thinks Dallas is looking to make a trade, then I have a bridge to sell you....

Mannix

Reaction score
Well if eagles add another piece and we don't then it just tells you more about the jones.
You mean when the Eagles add another piece....I swear that they do it now, just to make Booger and Chuckles look like fools.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Dallas probably won’t trade for anyone. I also think Jerry has never believed in Dak. you may say well Jerry paid him but if you guys recall Jerry basically told Dak he had overpaid for him. not in those words but you get the point. situation beeing as is, how can you go all in on a move when your QB isn’t capable of taking you to the promise land. it’s like buying the most expensive and beautiful furniture for your home with no roof over the home. all for nothing.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones @1053thefan on the NFL trade deadline (Oct. 31): “Anybody who knows us knows we’re always open for business. We’ve been in here 30 years. It’s just having something that makes sense.”

“For a player to come in and help this team right now, it’s more than likely, unfortunately, it’s gonna probably be somebody who is an established guy and he’s usually well paid and they probably want a lot for him. That makes it a challenge. It’s probably why you don’t see as many trades as you might think. You hear a lot of names in the rumor mill, but when it comes right down to making one, it gets hard. We were down to the wire with one last year in Brandin Cooks. Between the compensation for the team and the compensation for the player, it just became very difficult to make it work. Now, we ultimately made a deal (in March) and got Brandin here in Dallas. But it didn’t work out at the trade deadline because of some of the variables that go into that that I just mentioned.”

Stephen Jones couldn't get out of a brown paper bag, he is dumb as a salary cap ceo

Gambit

Reaction score
How about
Trade a 6th and Gallup for Devante Adams
Give a 5th and 2025 6th for Henry

would require some restructuring to fit under the cap in 2023.
We don't have a 5th this year and do you really think they would accept that if we did?

Flamma

Reaction score
I would love to go after Brian Burns of the Panthers. They have to be considering sell mode on him. They are 0-6. He is playing on a 5th year option this year and is not under contract next year. He hasn't missed a game all year but mysteriously he showed up on their injury report and may not play this weekend.
He's got a market value of 23M. If they did that, they'd have to move on from Tank next year.

Brooksey

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones @1053thefan on the NFL trade deadline (Oct. 31): “Anybody who knows us knows we’re always open for business. We’ve been in here 30 years. It’s just having something that makes sense.”

“For a player to come in and help this team right now, it’s more than likely, unfortunately, it’s gonna probably be somebody who is an established guy and he’s usually well paid and they probably want a lot for him. That makes it a challenge. It’s probably why you don’t see as many trades as you might think. You hear a lot of names in the rumor mill, but when it comes right down to making one, it gets hard. We were down to the wire with one last year in Brandin Cooks. Between the compensation for the team and the compensation for the player, it just became very difficult to make it work. Now, we ultimately made a deal (in March) and got Brandin here in Dallas. But it didn’t work out at the trade deadline because of some of the variables that go into that that I just mentioned.”

Some of this is true but we have a good defense and some cap space. It's time to make a few moves that can get us past SF