Stephen on trade deadline

rambo2

Reaction score
Dallas probably won’t trade for anyone. I also think Jerry has never believed in Dak. you may say well Jerry paid him but if you guys recall Jerry basically told Dak he had overpaid for him. not in those words but you get the point. situation beeing as is, how can you go all in on a move when your QB isn’t capable of taking you to the promise land. it’s like buying the most expensive and beautiful furniture for your home with no roof over the home. all for nothing.
I think they probably will make a trade.

Flamma

Reaction score
So. He’s 25 and DLaw is 31. Also, he actually sacks the QB.
Hey, I'm all for it. There's just one problem. After looking at DLaw's contract situation, he'll be here next year too. But that shouldn't be a big deal. A first year of any new contract is usually not that high. I'm just not used to Jerry exploring these possibilities.

CCBoy

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...owboys-jerry-jones-reacts-nfl-deadline-truths

FRISCO - “We will trade!” Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said on Thursday here inside The Star during his team’s practice, his three-word utterance a sign of …Virtually noting. … as we have tried to explain all week as the Oct. 31 trade deadline approaches … and indeed, as we have tried to explain in our 34-year term of covering the Cowboys and becoming the original experts at the game of “Translating Jerry.”

But wait, you in Cowboys Nation (and more, you in the unwashed national media who still don’t speak the language) … didn’t he just get done saying that the 4-2 Cowboys are happy with their roster and will therefore not initiate trade talks with other teams? Jerry did say that. And it was nonsense then, as we pointed out at the time, just as it is now.

So … “We will trade!” Is that a “change in policy”? Of course not - because the former philosophy was completely bogus. So … “We will trade!” Is that a promise to be active in the coming days? Nope, even though Jerry’s “Little Rock Salesman Word Salad” - accidentally or otherwise - leaves that impression.

What he was doing with that three-word declaration was “reacting.” Reacting to what? His own previous and contradictory statement indicating that he likely will not trade! Jerry is reacting to Jerry!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They've actually owned the Cowboys longer than 30 years. Maybe this dummy doesn't remember that.
Maybe he is referring to the salary cap years. Before that they made trades all the time. Charles Haley trade and Herschel Walker trades ring a bell?

rambo2

Reaction score
Maybe he is referring to the salary cap years. Before that they made trades all the time. Charles Haley trade and Herschel Walker trades ring a bell?
In the last 12 months they have made at least 5 trades.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Waiting and hoping for some pro-active decisions to be forthcoming. Standing pat hasn't been enough for decades now! It's past time for change.

Last edited:

stinkface

Reaction score
Maybe someone gave Jerry an Android phone and he doesn't know how to use it.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are drafting much better, every time we trade we get screwed. If you think a RB is the answer to a Super Bowl you will be greatly disappointed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We are drafting much better, every time we trade we get screwed. If you think a RB is the answer to a Super Bowl you will be greatly disappointed.
It definitely is very important to have a strong ground game and it's a long season.
Teams need fresh legs entering postseason, we have our fingers crossed with Pollard at the moment.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It definitely is very important to have a strong ground game and it's a long season.
Teams need fresh legs entering postseason, we have our fingers crossed with Pollard at the moment.
All true but if you're not blocking and you can't back a defense off with a mid field passing attack you're screwed. OTOH if those things are working Demarco Murray can look like a all pro. :thumbup: