Stephen said about free agency, “We are not done, yet.”

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
There should be an outside chance Stephen is waiting for the final cuts to do something about bolstering our depth. Might that be too late and perhaps insufficient? Chances are, it'd simply be a jag and not anyone to get excited about. We've seen this story too many times to think otherwise. Still, some help is better than none at all. Is there a chance it'll actually happen? Yes, but don't count on it. We have candidates in house to take up the slack. o_O

Last edited:

rambo2

Reaction score
They contributed but didn’t propel us into being a serious championship contender and we found that out in the playoffs. None of them made a significant impact. We’re not going to spend the money in free agency to bring in a player that could make a significant impact. We have to depend on the draft.
A division champion that loses by 6 points in the playoffs is a serious contender. Kearse made a significant impact.

rambo2

Reaction score
Oh fur sure, I think there are a few things that would help though. One, getting better returns on trades/being more involved in trading players that are borderline resign/keeps. I think trying to go for higher picks would help accelerate more youth into this team and 2. Being a tad more involved in getting one big signing. I think having a young team is good. But, we need one or two more experienced really good players so that the young players have a direction for how to get where those players were.
They might sign Anthony Barr or another linebacker.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A division champion that loses by 6 points in the playoffs is a serious contender. Kearse made a significant impact.

We’re only a division champion because our division sucks and we faced several backup QBs. That SF game wasn’t as close as the score. If you want players that will make a significant impact you do what the Rams did by going out and getting a Von Miller and an OBJ. The Cowboys have lost three impactful players this offseason Cooper, Cedric Wilson and Randy Gregory. We’ve come back to the pack. During the 90s we added Jay Novacek who was a plan B free agent and he made a tremendous impact. We added several other key free agents including Deion. The free agents we’re adding are just going to keep us spinning our wheels.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----The last group of good free agents was just last year. Basham, Watkins, Upton, Hooker, Neal, and Kearse all contributed on defense. Kearse was arguably one of the best free agent acquisitions in the entire league. Kearse calls the defense. Basham, Watkins, Hooker, and Kearse are all back this year.

Please.....sweet Jesus.....again today??? There is a HUGE difference between contributing because you have nothing better, and being actual "difference makers"....difference makers get you to the next level....period!!! Not the JAG's you referenced.

rambo2

Reaction score
We’re only a division champion because our division sucks and we faced several backup QBs. That SF game wasn’t as close as the score. If you want players that will make a significant impact you do what the Rams did by going out and getting a Von Miller and an OBJ. The Cowboys have lost three impactful players this offseason Cooper, Cedric Wilson and Randy Gregory. We’ve come back to the pack. During the 90s we added Jay Novacek who was a plan B free agent and he made a tremendous impact. We added several other key free agents including Deion. The free agents we’re adding are just going to keep us spinning our wheels.
They were a division champion because they were good. Your mighty Rams lost to the 49ers twice, once by 21 points.

rambo2

Reaction score
-----The last group of good free agents was just last year. Basham, Watkins, Upton, Hooker, Neal, and Kearse all contributed on defense. Kearse was arguably one of the best free agent acquisitions in the entire league. Kearse calls the defense. Basham, Watkins, Hooker, and Kearse are all back this year.

Please.....sweet Jesus.....again today??? There is a HUGE difference between contributing because you have nothing better, and being actual "difference makers"....difference makers get you to the next level....period!!! Not the JAG's you referenced.
You have no clue.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
It’s hard to think back to the last good group of free agents we signed. It’s almost like our mission this offseason was to come back to the pack in the NFC East. Just about everyone who talks football seems to think we’ve accomplished it.
Yep, we lost a lot of talent
While our division rivals got stronger.

Mannix

Reaction score
You have no clue.

If you honestly think the guys you referenced are difference makers, how about starting a poll on here. Like they always say, "someone has to make the tackles".....meaning, that doesn't mean they are great players. We were beaten like dogs in Free Agency, and even lapped by some teams...it was a colossal FAIL!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Question.
When is Stephen referring to when he said we are not done? Did he mean ever, like the Cowboys may sign a player in 2025 or did he mean this year? Asking for a friend who is waiting patiently each day for word the the Dallas Cowboys have signed a kicker, or an offensive lineman, or a linebacker, you know positions of need, like wide receiver. All we hear now is how great our draft picks are and what a wonderfully large group of undrafteds we signed. Stephen? What did you mean?

He has said before that there's always the possibility that the team will add a player before the season starts if it sees a need. So I don't think it means anything right now, just that they continue to have their eyes open in case they need a player.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They were a division champion because they were good. Your mighty Rams lost to the 49ers twice, once by 21 points.

My Rams? Lol Now you’re going to start acting childish because we’re having a disagreement? The Rams didn’t lose to them when it mattered most. I’m just giving you an honest opinion of what I think of our off-season and the moves we made. Not going to waste anymore time on this. We disagree and we’ll leave it at that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
hope we get dt ndamukong suh.
that'd be....pretty damn awesome.

rambo2

Reaction score
If you honestly think the guys you referenced are difference makers, how about starting a poll on here. Like they always say, "someone has to make the tackles".....meaning, that doesn't mean they are great players. We were beaten like dogs in Free Agency, and even lapped by some teams...it was a colossal FAIL!!!
Do you know anything free agency? If you know so much, tell us who should they have signed and who should they sign now. Do it or shut up.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Question.
When is Stephen referring to when he said we are not done? Did he mean ever, like the Cowboys may sign a player in 2025 or did he mean this year? Asking for a friend who is waiting patiently each day for word the the Dallas Cowboys have signed a kicker, or an offensive lineman, or a linebacker, you know positions of need, like wide receiver. All we hear now is how great our draft picks are and what a wonderfully large group of undrafteds we signed. Stephen? What did you mean?

You go, Stephen! Move your rotund, dimwitted self into FA!

I BET THERE ARE A LOT OF QUALITY PLAYERS OUT THERE!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Do you know anything free agency? If you know so much, tell us who should they have signed and who should they sign now. Do it or shut up.

For a Rambo you sure do talk a lot.

I thought Rambo was a dimwitted, passive aggressive, smoldering type who rarely spoke and, on occasion, mumbled "Adrienne!" or "Honor before death" but you are all over the map. Yak-yak-yak-yak-yak.
Be like Rambo and shut up.
:)

ICP

Reaction score
In other words bargain bin blue light specials.

plymkr

Reaction score
No. Were done. A vastly inferior team to the one that lost to the niners.

Impressive.
I thought that at first but some of our losses on paper I feel are addition by subtraction. Collins can't be trusted physically or decision making. He really hurt us in 2020 by coming to camp out if shape. Being out of shape led to getting injured. 2021 suspended for bribery of an NFL official. Yeah I don't that guy on my team. Can't trust him. Gregory spent more time suspended in his Cowboys career then playing. When the season was on the line he tackled on offensive linemen. He had a few splash plays but inconsistent and not intelligent. Again if the season is on the line I don't trust him.

The one guy I'm really upset about is Cooper. I wish the team and Cooper could have made that work.

On paper as if today I don't feel we're as good as the team that list to the 9ers. But we weeded out 2 people we can't trust on the field or if the field. Conner Williams is another one that is good he's gone. Too many drive killing plays. So 3 players we couldn't trust. Addition by subtraction IMO