Stephen: Sometimes that old oblong football doesn't bounce your way

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @MadDogRadio said it’s a “priority” to get a new contract done with Dak Prescott. “(Franchise QB contracts), they just take time.” Jones on believing Dak can win a Super Bowl in Dallas:

“Absolutely. I mean, I totally think Dak can lead us to a championship. He does everything the right way. He’s certainly the leader of this football team. He keeps everybody motivated in the offseason. He’s got everybody working out and doing all the things that it takes to put in the work to give yourself every opportunity to win a championship. It just so happens that sometimes that old oblong football doesn’t bounce your way. And we’ve had some tough breaks and tough games there in the postseason. But we’ve won 12 games three years in a row. I think that’s right at the top in terms of what teams have done over a three-year period. And we’re hanging around the rim. We’ve just gotta go up there and grab it, to use a basketball term, and dunk it in. We’re hanging around the rim. We just got to get the job done.”

Jayinem

Reaction score
Older QBs than Dak who won their first SB with the team they were drafted by:
John Elway (made 3 Super Bowls at a younger age but lost them all)

QBs who were the same age as Dak who won their first SB with the team they were drafted by:
Phil Simms

That's it.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Delusional, hard to believe smart people can be so stupid. When it does not work out this year, we will hear we are close just need the right coach. Jones boys did everything right but coaching let them down and it starts all over again.

Bagman

Reaction score
Does Stephen understand that he and his father are the reason we're always "around the rim" but never dunking. He's the guy that has to take the next step and apply the finishing touch with the game changing trades or FAs. Winning a lot means nothing if you can't cap a season with a championship, Stephen.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @MadDogRadio said it’s a “priority” to get a new contract done with Dak Prescott. “(Franchise QB contracts), they just take time.” Jones on believing Dak can win a Super Bowl in Dallas:

“Absolutely. I mean, I totally think Dak can lead us to a championship. He does everything the right way. He’s certainly the leader of this football team. He keeps everybody motivated in the offseason. He’s got everybody working out and doing all the things that it takes to put in the work to give yourself every opportunity to win a championship. It just so happens that sometimes that old oblong football doesn’t bounce your way. And we’ve had some tough breaks and tough games there in the postseason. But we’ve won 12 games three years in a row. I think that’s right at the top in terms of what teams have done over a three-year period. And we’re hanging around the rim. We’ve just gotta go up there and grab it, to use a basketball term, and dunk it in. We’re hanging around the rim. We just got to get the job done.”

The last 3 seasons have been better than any 3 consecutive seasons under any Cowboys head coach not named Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, or Barry Switzer.