Stephen: Sometimes that old oblong football doesn't bounce your way

CWR

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones on @MadDogRadio said it’s a “priority” to get a new contract done with Dak Prescott. “(Franchise QB contracts), they just take time.” Jones on believing Dak can win a Super Bowl in Dallas:

“Absolutely. I mean, I totally think Dak can lead us to a championship. He does everything the right way. He’s certainly the leader of this football team. He keeps everybody motivated in the offseason. He’s got everybody working out and doing all the things that it takes to put in the work to give yourself every opportunity to win a championship. It just so happens that sometimes that old oblong football doesn’t bounce your way. And we’ve had some tough breaks and tough games there in the postseason. But we’ve won 12 games three years in a row. I think that’s right at the top in terms of what teams have done over a three-year period. And we’re hanging around the rim. We’ve just gotta go up there and grab it, to use a basketball term, and dunk it in. We’re hanging around the rim. We just got to get the job done.”

Yeah its just bad luck. What terrible luck to be dominated in the playoffs and continue to do the exact same thing and not address any of our underlying issues with roster construction.

I hate him more than his daddy.

CWR

Reaction score
He’s talking about now, not the past but nice try.
"It just so happens that sometimes that old oblong football doesn’t bounce your way. And we’ve had some tough breaks and tough games there in the postseason. But we’ve won 12 games three years in a row. I think that’s right at the top in terms of what teams have done over a three-year period. And we’re hanging around the rim."

Sounds like the past to me. What unfortunate luck we've had.

CWR

Reaction score
Hanging around the rim? The team hasn’t even sniffed an NFC championship game in almost 30 years.
The first 3 quarters of the game its all net. Then come the 4th (playoffs) they are chunking air balls and getting shot clock violations. Lol.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I want to say what I think of Stephen but this is a family site so just use your imagination
tenor.gif

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yeah its just bad luck. What terrible luck to be dominated in the playoffs and continue to do the exact same thing and not address any of our underlying issues with roster construction.

I hate him more than his daddy.
I never would have thought this could happen. But i have to admit i am starting to feel the same way.

He propells the meaning of "no accountability" into new heights.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Delusional, hard to believe smart people can be so stupid. When it does not work out this year, we will hear we are close just need the right coach. Jones boys did everything right but coaching let them down and it starts all over again.
How dare you call him smart.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Sometimes Stephen, the oblong football is really the face of the son of an owner that just needs to be kicked. Get it, cap boy!?!?!?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately many fans follow this line of thought. Son has learned well from Jethro on hyping his product.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol. It's going to be a while before the toilet gets flushed with the 2 we have running the team. I can hardly wait to see who is the next head coach and QB of the Dallas Cowboys.
Let's see, let's see, heah. Another four years and the grandson will be under center.