Stephen: Steele can be a really high caliber RT for us

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone won’t like it but that extra cap space money will go to Steele next offseason if he holds up at right tackle.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is what you have to say when you just dumped the more talented OL for nothing just a week or so ago.

I might get dumping Collins if they cap money saved was going to be used to IMPROVE the club.

But it won't be. It will be used to nibble around the edges with bargain bin slop (or more likely rolled over into 2023 when they again will spend it on bargain bin slop).

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
exactly and most hated that now they do it and everyone's angry,,people change they saw the opportunity and are trying a different approach's say kudos.,...
unless we finish 8-9 and moss the playoffs than ill be upset by right now im cool with all these moves.
I’m in the same boat you are in. I always take a wait and see approach….not sure why people are so quick to be the first say we suck…

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is what you have to say when you just dumped the more talented OL for nothing just a week or so ago.

I might get dumping Collins if they cap money saved was going to be used to IMPROVE the club.

But it won't be. It will be used to nibble around the edges with bargain bin slop (or more likely rolled over into 2023 when they again will spend it on bargain bin slop).
I think it was personal honestly. Collins for the past two years….hasn’t been available and when he has it’s been puss poor.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Steven doesn't know **** about football. The sooner you learn this the better you will feel.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This season will ride on the ability of Steel and Biadasz kicking it up a notch. They have to elevate their play. IF we can get both Terence and Tyler to be in the top 10 perfoming at their positions, and keep Smith healthy, then we have the makings of a line that can give Dak and any RB a chance to make a difference.

Obviously one of the key things that needs to happen to Dak is to heal from the calf situation. He has to be more mobile and add an extra dimension of concern to the opposing defences.

Biadasz gave up 0 sacks.

We were lucky to draft him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Biadasz gave up 0 sacks.

We were lucky to draft him.
technically sure but how many times was he bullrushed back into dak causing an errant throw, a scramble that ruined the play, and other things that come form on the snap and 1 sec later hes in daks lap? hope he grows more nut we waited for Cwill to grow and he was the same from his rookie year until now..its is what it is its possible this is who he is.

farinok could challenge TB who know win the job then maybe McGovern and TB batte for LG??loser is swing g/c...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
technically sure but how many times was he bullrushed back into dak causing an errant throw, a scramble that ruined the play, and other things that come form on the snap and 1 sec later hes in daks lap? hope he grows more nut we waited for Cwill to grow and he was the same from his rookie year until now..its is what it is its possible this is who he is.

farinok could challenge TB who know win the job then maybe McGovern and TB batte for LG??loser is swing g/c...

0 sacks in 1100+ snaps

that’s why he was a Rimington trophy winner.

blueblood70

Reaction score
0 sacks in 1100+ snaps

that’s why he was a Rimington trophy winner.
no one saying he sux but he has issues with consistency in snapping and getting bullrushed etc..no sacks = dak running for his life OR having to throw the ball away or off target given he was rushed and avoiding the sack there ton of pressures coming from that area..sorry not saying replace him but id try Farniok head to head all off season may the best man win. Maybe TB is better at LG..who known. This is the time to check that out.

terra

Reaction score
Cowboys Zone won’t like it but that extra cap space money will go to Steele next offseason if he holds up at right tackle.
A really big if. and we cannot afford to forever help him out like we did much of the season.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
A really big if. and we cannot afford to forever help him out like we did much of the season.
What games were you watching? The offensive line held up pretty good when he played right tackle. He handled Bosa pretty well by himself as I recall.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Can't link it but he said it.

-

“We had a decision to go with somebody who fit better for us under the cap and a younger player,” Jones said. “We just had to make a difficult business decision. ...I think [Steele] is only going to get better and can be a really high-caliber starter at right tackle for us compared to any of the tackles in this league.”

I think that's possible. I think it's also possible he falls flat on his face with defenders getting more film and putting more study time into him to learn how best to defeat him.

Of course, this comes from the front office that once thought Alan Ball could be a starting free safety because he was a decent third corner.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I’d much rather have him over Collins. But I think any GM with half a brain would’ve done the same. So the Jones boys aren’t doing anything ground breaking here, no matter how much they all pat themselves on the back.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Can't link it but he said it.

-

“We had a decision to go with somebody who fit better for us under the cap and a younger player,” Jones said. “We just had to make a difficult business decision. ...I think [Steele] is only going to get better and can be a really high-caliber starter at right tackle for us compared to any of the tackles in this league.”
He was average at best for a couple games against bad teams. He played like a backup half the time. Can they see the game from the owners box?