Stephen understands fans dont trust and doubt front office

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Personnel decisions have been a problem. I don’t think Stephen is the right man for the GM job. McClay should be promoted and given reigns to the roster.
At the end of the day...the Jones family is not going to let somebody, that does not bear their last name...decide how their money will be spent.

Sydla

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said from Senior Bowl he understands fan disappointment, pessimism after latest playoff letdown. “There’s no way they’re going to explicitly trust you until you get it done. …Until we compete at that level and we get the job done, there’s going to be doubt. And rightfully so.”

I mean the first problem and why we don't trust them is that HE IS AT THE SENIOR BOWL.

If he and his dad want to get our trust back, stop pretending you are football men and GMs. That would be a good first start.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said from Senior Bowl he understands fan disappointment, pessimism after latest playoff letdown. “There’s no way they’re going to explicitly trust you until you get it done. …Until we compete at that level and we get the job done, there’s going to be doubt. And rightfully so.”

I feel heard.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Stephen doesn't even know the players in the league (and probably some on his own team). So, what does he do at the Senior Bowl, and other player acquisition functions, like really, because he ain't scouting and has no clue about the players or their value?

foofighters

Reaction score

Wrong. We don't trust the Jones boys...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the end of the day...the Jones family is not going to let somebody, that does not bear their last name...decide how their money will be spent.
Money is not an issue for billionaires. Jerry Jones (the rest are just latch key kids) does not want to strip away any of his own autonomy for football related decisions and hand them over completely to someone else. He did not want that when he was 70, 60, or 50 years old. He does not want that now.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Money is not an issue for billionaires. Jerry Jones (the rest are just latch key kids) does not want to strip away any of his own autonomy for football related decisions and hand them over completely to someone else. He did not want that when he was 70, 60, or 50 years old. He does not want that now.
I didn't say money was an issue ..I said they are not going to let someone outside of their family tell them how to spend it.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The missing quote read as follows.."That being said we still have your money, and as long as you keep giving it to us things will remain as they are suckas"