Stephen understands fans dont trust and doubt front office

J_Allen

Reaction score
He's said close to that before.

I'm so tired of the Jones family.

I'm glad he can laugh at this. BTW, look how big his pupils are. Wonder what he's on?

Reaction score

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said from Senior Bowl he understands fan disappointment, pessimism after latest playoff letdown. “There’s no way they’re going to explicitly trust you until you get it done. …Until we compete at that level and we get the job done, there’s going to be doubt. And rightfully so.”

If we should live that long.

CWR

Reaction score
The follow up question needs to be “so what do you and the front office need to do differently to get you to that level” Clarence of course going right to the dak question which I get but it’s a softball for Stephen.
Amen, I wish they'd actually ask that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Unlike Jerry, Stephen can't even pretend that he had anything to do with building the 90s Super Bowl teams.

Stephen would be an obscure business man somewhere in Arkansas if not for his daddy buying the Cowboys and handing him a high level NFL gig.

He doesn't even have to win anything to keep it. There isn't a single NFL team outside of Dallas who would even consider Stephen for a personnel role.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones said from Senior Bowl he understands fan disappointment, pessimism after latest playoff letdown. “There’s no way they’re going to explicitly trust you until you get it done. …Until we compete at that level and we get the job done, there’s going to be doubt. And rightfully so.”

Never trust a guy who has a lifetime contract regardless of results, has 4 playoff wins the last 28 years, then smiles while telling you to trust him.

kskboys

Reaction score

Steph, my boy, it's even more than that. Know when we knew we still couldn't trust you? When you desperately reached for a TE in the 2nd round, a TE that was rated 3rd/4th round talent.

Oh, and get this Stephie. We didn't need a TE.

Here's a couple more. We'll trust you when:

1) We acquire a real starting quality highly disruptive DT.
2) We have 3 tough starting quality LB's. (Hint, starting quality means a lot more than 200 lbs!!!)
3) We start getting some more tough OL's in here, guys who can move the pile.
4) We stop paying stupid money to players who are not great.

Anything else, anyone?

kskboys

Reaction score
Personnel decisions have been a problem. I don’t think Stephen is the right man for the GM job. McClay should be promoted and given reigns to the roster.
Did McClay approve of picking a TE in the 2nd? That question must be answered before he gets the job. Did he approve of Kelvin Joseph, Jaylon, Sam Williams, and Trysten Hill?

Beaker42

Reaction score
I will NEVER trust this organization in any way, shape or form - EVEN IF THEY SHOULD HAPPEN TO GET LUCKY AND WIN ANOTHER SB. They suck at their jobs.