Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why do y’all think that when Dak gets signed the whole team becomes free agents? You guys do know the whole core except for Maybe Byron will he resigned regardless if Dak gets 30 right?

We have more than enough space lol this isn’t an opinion its numbers and facts. The core doesn’t get chopped up with his contract getting signed lol yall just wanna imagine that a big contract releases the whole team and forces the qb to play with backups

It doesnt matter, they didnt like Prescott when he was making 500k a year. They still complained.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Apparently none of this matters if you throw for 300 yards every game like Kirk Cousins

Kousins is a perfect example of a guy that throws for a lot of yards, but hes NOT a good leader, troops dont rally behind him, and hes not clutch by any stretch. Hes also in a pass first offense over there.

Anyone that would rather have cousins over Dak simply doesnt understand QB play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Giants had a future HOF QB who won 2 SB's playing for them. They went all out just like we did and we won in dramatic fashion. Dak had a lot of pressure on him with his rookie deal coming to an end after the 2019 season. If the receivers we had were getting it done before Cooper got here we would have never traded a #1 for him. You still haven't answered my question. For the THIRD TIME if Dak doesn't prove to "you" in 2019 he's deserving of a long-term contract assuming he doesn't sign before the season what do you do at the QB position?

Hes already proven big time he deserves one. Its not even questionable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I specifically said someone is walking, did I not? You are the one who is saying "we have the money to pay everybody" - so which is it? Maybe choose your words a little more carefully.

Again, you're either going to lose a valuable starter(s) or you're losing depth. You cannot have this much money tied up to one side of the ball and have money to pay "everybody", your words. We are not going to pay everybody, we won't, and we will lose valuable players somewhere on our team.

So your worried about losing some depth or a starter, but your not concerned about the QB position? LOL

Talk about not making sense. The most important position in all of football and you want to screw around with it? Dak is not a problem for the Cowboys, hes just a problem for you. For whatever reason its inconsequential.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's the old still butthurt Romosexuals who will never like Dak or forgive him for how Dak's play forced Romo's benching and retirement.
Not necessarily, for while I will pretty much forever remain slightly perturbed over the how,what&why of exit #9/enter #4, as first& foremost the wealth of footballish ability ROMO could've imparted upon PRESCOTT thru the mere osmosis of time/proximity was beyond short sighted if not borderline criminal in it being discounted outright( apparently) also, the under utilization of exploiting the #4's inherent strong suite of his FOREWORD MOBILITY & attempting to mold him into a pocket passer which he really never was to begin with from my understanding
( although, I'm inclined to believe he's showing signs of improvement in that regard as well as his still visual shortcomings in the passing game remain apparent, likewise ) yet mostly what I find humorously ludicrous & befuddling in this either/ or / concept of thought along the lines of romosexuals vs.
dakslobbers, one or the other,,,AS just how operationally dysfunctional in thought & deed a COWBOYS Fan really would be suffering from while attempting to enjoy the simple FANDOM of which it entails , were this beyond lame& overly espoused dictum were really true ,,,er,,,ya know?o_O

SHEESE:facepalm:

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
I specifically said someone is walking, did I not? You are the one who is saying "we have the money to pay everybody" - so which is it? Maybe choose your words a little more carefully.

Again, you're either going to lose a valuable starter(s) or you're losing depth. You cannot have this much money tied up to one side of the ball and have money to pay "everybody", your words. We are not going to pay everybody, we won't, and we will lose valuable players somewhere on our team.
First of all; the team will be able to sign anyone of the core they want. They’ve always been able to sign their own, if they want the player and the cap room is there then he gets signed, simple. Again, losing 1 valuable starter or a few depth pieces isn’t going to throw your franchise back years like failing to retain premium talent would.

Also, this is the beauty of being able to draft well like we do. Why would you want to be searching for stars every offseason instead of looking for role players? The Cowboys have shown time and time again that they can add valuable starters and depth guys through the draft, often multiple at once. For every Maliek Collins and Anthony Brown we lose there is a Maliek Collins and Anthony Brown we gain. By that I mean you shouldn’t be worried about finding mid round value and depth as we always find mid round value and depth, in fact that’s one of the scouting and personnel departments strengths.

So unless you are implying that homegrown guys we’ve always been able to sign will suddenly ignore the team and go elsewhere starting next offseason or you think that we suddenly won’t be able to draft well; I don’t see why you’re not able to see that every star the FO wants to retain will be retained.

No team can keep every guy, that’s why you draft and use FA wisely. Just a matter of keeping all the guys that make up the core of the team. The very same guys we are about to resign lol. You sign the guys who are hard to replace aka stars, and replace others aka depth

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
Remember how awful our OL in pass blocking looked all season? Cooper elevated the offense, that's what #1 receivers do.
One of the best offensive lines in football. But when your quarterback isn't respected by any defense at all as a passer, and he holds the ball forever, they can press the line on virtually every play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One of the best offensive lines in football. But when your quarterback isn't respected by any defense at all as a passer, and he holds the ball forever, they can press the line on virtually every play.

We had the 31st ranked pass blocking line in the NFL last year. You show once again that your knowledge of football is sorely lacking.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't participate here as much as I used to because too many here are a waste of time. It's hard to take many here seriously with the cluelessness and lack of insight that's taken over this board. I come here mostly to keep up on breaking Cowboys news and to get a good laugh from those whose elevators continue to be stuck between floors.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::starspin::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Four of those games he didn't crack 200 yards in were before we traded for Cooper. His numbers jumped way up after that trade. He had a 455 yard game which was the 3rd most passing yards in franchise history. He had 387 yards in the season finale with a CLUTCH 4th down TD to Beesley to win the game. He was on pace for 4500 yards the second half of the season after the Cooper trade. We did Dak no favors starting the season with no Dez, Witten or a legit #1 receiver. Gallup was a rookie plus Twill was gone. The only real experienced receiver we had other than Thompson who was a scrub was Beesley. The Cowboys have a run first offense that features Zeke. Aikman didn't have a a lot of passing yards in a run first offense that featured Emmitt. At this point in Russell Wilson's career he was a bus driver in an offense that featured Beast Mode. Everything that's being said about Dak from this fan base was being said about Wilson a few years ago.

As for Aikman's comment he was referring to accuracy not the ability to throw the football. lol Click on the link to the video. https://cowboyszone.com/threads/troy-aikman-on-accuracy-you-either-have-it-or-you-dont.424371/

You didn't answer my question what do you do at the QB position if Dak doesn't prove to "you" he's deserving of a long-term contract?
He’ll probably say Mike White then Cooper.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not necessarily, for while I will pretty much forever remain slightly perturbed over the how,what&why of exit #9/enter #4, as first& foremost the wealth of footballish ability ROMO could've imparted upon PRESCOTT thru the mere osmosis of time/proximity was beyond short sighted if not borderline criminal in it being discounted outright( apparently) also, the under utilization of exploiting the #4's inherent strong suite of his FOREWORD MOBILITY & attempting to mold him into a pocket passer which he really never was to begin with from my understanding
( although, I'm inclined to believe he's showing signs of improvement in that regard as well as his still visual shortcomings in the passing game remain apparent, likewise ) yet mostly what I find humorously ludicrous & befuddling is this either/ or / concept of thought along the lines of romosexuals vs.
dakslobbers, one or the other,,,AS just how operationally dysfunctional in thought & deed a COWBOYS Fan really would be suffering from while attempting to enjoy the simple FANDOM of which it entails , were this beyond lame& over espoused dictum were really true ,,,er,,,ya know?o_O

SHEESE:facepalm:
I was a critic of Romo too in many situations.

What AC fails to mention is he was a leading basher of Romo and it appears his agenda is about Dak accomplishing more than Romo to fulfill his hate for a Romo.

I actually like Dak and recognize his intangible assets. I’m just critical of his lack of prolific passing abilities.

And concerned about having a franchise QB who’s more of a Bus Driver than elevating those around him. When he’s surrounded by a star studded talent we are competitive but still not championship caliber on offense.

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
First of all; the team will be able to sign anyone of the core they want. They’ve always been able to sign their own, if they want the player and the cap room is there then he gets signed, simple. Again, losing 1 valuable starter or a few depth pieces isn’t going to throw your franchise back years like failing to retain premium talent would.

Also, this is the beauty of being able to draft well like we do. Why would you want to be searching for stars every offseason instead of looking for role players? The Cowboys have shown time and time again that they can add valuable starters and depth guys through the draft, often multiple at once. For every Maliek Collins and Anthony Brown we lose there is a Maliek Collins and Anthony Brown we gain. By that I mean you shouldn’t be worried about finding mid round value and depth as we always find mid round value and depth, in fact that’s one of the scouting and personnel departments strengths.

So unless you are implying that homegrown guys we’ve always been able to sign will suddenly ignore the team and go elsewhere starting next offseason or you think that we suddenly won’t be able to draft well; I don’t see why you’re not able to see that every star the FO wants to retain will be retained.

No team can keep every guy, that’s why you draft and use FA wisely. Just a matter of keeping all the guys that make up the core of the team. The very same guys we are about to resign lol

It's easy to have cap when every player right now, outside of the offensive line, is on a rookie deal or a 5th year option. That will be coming to an end shortly. And what is with this "great depth" - what are you basing this on? Collins is not valuable depth, he plays like one of the worst DTs in the league - Brown is average and will most likely be gone in a year.

And again, you are just, and I'm guessing willfully, ignoring the argument - you are stating we have the cap to pay everybody, no we do not - You pay Prescott, Elliott, Lawrence, Jones, and Cooper - that's a good bit of the cap and a lot of that is going straight to the offense and added on top of the offensive line.

SOMEBODY is leaving this team without a contract - my argument is, we will eventually start losing depth players once all the players we "hit on in the draft" are no longer on these sweet rookie deals.

And unlike you, I don't think we are loaded with talent. I don't like Awuzie, Lewis is a scrub despite this place talking him up, our safeties are garbage, our DTs are worthless, our TEs are nothing to write home about. Positions that matter, we have gone cheap on and there sure as heck isn't much depth there either if we can't even find quality starters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Kousins is a perfect example of a guy that throws for a lot of yards, but hes NOT a good leader, troops dont rally behind him, and hes not clutch by any stretch. Hes also in a pass first offense over there.

Anyone that would rather have cousins over Dak simply doesnt understand QB play.
What some fans don’t understand is a prolific passer in our offense elevates this team to more serious contenders.

Not sure why we’re so big on a middle of the pack passing QB and below average passing offense that need a Pro Bowl OL , WR1 and league leading rusher to have those numbers.

A prolific passing QB elevates this offense to top 10 which with a top 10 defense we are much more serious contender. As it is we are in the lower level of playoff teams and will be tough to reach the next level without a prolific passing QB.

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
That was definitely not one of the best lines in football last year.
Hopefully it will be this year.1

817Gill

Reaction score
It's easy to have cap when every player right now, outside of the offensive line, is on a rookie deal or a 5th year option. That will be coming to an end shortly. And what is with this "great depth" - what are you basing this on? Collins is not valuable depth, he plays like one of the worst DTs in the league - Brown is average and will most likely be gone in a year.

And again, you are just, and I'm guessing willfully, ignoring the argument - you are stating we have the cap to pay everybody, no we do not - You pay Prescott, Elliott, Lawrence, Jones, and Cooper - that's a good bit of the cap and a lot of that is going straight to the offense and added on top of the offensive line.

SOMEBODY is leaving this team without a contract - my argument is, we will eventually start losing depth players once all the players we "hit on in the draft" are no longer on these sweet rookie deals.

And unlike you, I don't think we are loaded with talent. I don't like Awuzie, Lewis is a scrub despite this place talking him up, our safeties are garbage, our DTs are worthless, our TEs are nothing to write home about. Positions that matter, we have gone cheap on and there sure as heck isn't much depth there either if we can't even find quality starters.
Ok this post makes it pretty obvious you’re just not even close lol. Def thought I was discussing with someone who had a good grip on the team, my bad gave you a bit too much credit.

Lmao highlights of the post were Maliek Collins is one of the worst DT’s in the league and that this roster isn’t talented. Real accurate takes there huh lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All QB’s need surrounding support. Some just take more advantage with it.

With this Elite talent at WR, RB and OL if we had aQB with same level of talent we’d more likely be taking the next step especially with a top 10 defense.

Troy needed elite talent . But look what he did with it.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
All QB’s need surrounding support. Some just take more advantage with it.

With this Elite talent at WR, RB and OL if we had aQB with same level of talent we’d more likely be taking the next step especially with a top 10 defense.

Troy needed elite talent . But look what he did with it.
Still... incredible they've had winning records, huh?
Amazing.