Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am not a "troll" but a committed cowboys fan who spent thousands of dollars crossing the atlantic to see my team play last year. You are typical of the loud mouthed fan who seems to find calling anyone with a different opinion from yourself a hater or troll. How old are you? Pathetic.
Prescott was a " last QB standing" pro bowl selection. His play has been erratic.
As a cowboys fan i have reservations on his play, many share those worries. It is regrettable you seem to think abusing posters who have these worries acceptable.
You shouting troll or hater will not stop those posters, only consistant play from Dak will.
I very much hope Dak will play well this year as it will benefit the team and put many minds to rest.

Where do I start?

Yah being an injury replacement is not like being the first selected QB, but its still means Dak was one of the top 3-4 QB's in the eyes of NFL circles in the NFC. Based on some of you trolls complaints, that flys in the face of your opinion. Made the pro bowl his rookie year as well.

Inconsistency?

Well anyone that understand young QB development should understand that comes with the territory. If you are devoted Cowboys fan you should also be fully up to speed on the injuries and inconsistencies along the Oline. You should also know that Oline play hugely affects the ability for the QB to do his job. Zeke suspended for 6 games, WR by committee nonsense for half of this year? Its not wonder Dak has been inconsistent. But here you sit, simply blaming incostencies for a young QB, ONLY on the QB himself. Shows a complete lack of understanding.

Only a naive, football fan or Troll would continue to spew the nonsense you do. So which is it?

Troll or a lack of understanding?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am not a "troll" but a committed cowboys fan who spent thousands of dollars crossing the atlantic to see my team play last year. You are typical of the loud mouthed fan who seems to find calling anyone with a different opinion from yourself a hater or troll. How old are you? Pathetic.
Prescott was a " last QB standing" pro bowl selection. His play has been erratic.
As a cowboys fan i have reservations on his play, many share those worries. It is regrettable you seem to think abusing posters who have these worries acceptable.
You shouting troll or hater will not stop those posters, only consistant play from Dak will.
I very much hope Dak will play well this year as it will benefit the team and put many minds to rest.
I’m not sure why he’s allowed to continue insulting other members. I had to report him . I’d suggest you do the same if he continues.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I expect Dak's contract negotiations to be another long and controversial ordeal that will test the patience of many here. Here's hoping most of us find a way to allow those directly involved to settle it free of the bickering that accompanied Lawrence's negotiations. I suppose that's asking a lot. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I expect Dak's contract negotiations to be another long and controversial ordeal that will test the patience of many here. Here's hoping most of us find a way to allow those directly involved to settle it free of the bickering that accompanied Lawrence's negotiations. I suppose that's asking a lot. :rolleyes:

I think this one will go very easy and smooth to be honest.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It sure would be nice if the ranks of the legion FANDOM could Refrain from starting individual THREADS just to reiterate their previously posted thoughts & opinionated views concerning this as yet to unfold, form of ZONE forum ENTERTAINMENT,,,er,,,
and while it's a nice thought,,,that ain't happening :starspin::lmao::starspin:

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
They should extend Cooper, Zeke, Jones, Jaylon, La'el Collins, Maliek Collins, Brown and anyone else they want to keep and then go to Dak and say, "I've got some good news and some bad news."

The good news is we are providing you with a championship caliber roster to work with.

The bad news is we are cap strapped but you will earn more in endorsements than any player in the history of the NFL if you can win a super bowl.

It's up to you.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They should extend Cooper, Zeke, Jones, Jaylon, La'el Collins, Maliek Collins, Brown and anyone else they want to keep and then go to Dak and say, "I've got some good news and some bad news."

The good news is we are providing you with a championship caliber roster to work with.

The bad news is we are cap strapped but you will earn more in endorsements than any player in the history of the NFL if you can win a super bowl.

It's up to you.

Not quite what I had in mind, but not a bad idea either. Firstly, I'm not sure I'd resign Byron Jones yet. I'd still try to shop him. If we can't trade him, I'd try to tag him next year. He's had 1 year as a full corner. He did well, but, likely due to his shoulder, didn't quite have the same oomph that he had early in the season. If we tag him, we'd get 3 full years to see what he can do as a CB. That's more than enough time to make that extension if we need to. I also wouldn't extend Anthony Brown. In fact, I think we'll probably draft someone like Isaiah Johnson to replace him. Collins, I think we could get a fairly cheap deal for with his injury issues. I'd extend Cooper because I think he'd gain us cap space in extending him. I'd do the same with Jaylon and Collins. I'd then try to extend Zeke and Dak. If we're really in need of cap space by those points, I think we have players we can restructure to help us find cap space.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Not quite what I had in mind, but not a bad idea either. Firstly, I'm not sure I'd resign Byron Jones yet. I'd still try to shop him. If we can't trade him, I'd try to tag him next year. He's had 1 year as a full corner. He did well, but, likely due to his shoulder, didn't quite have the same oomph that he had early in the season. If we tag him, we'd get 3 full years to see what he can do as a CB. That's more than enough time to make that extension if we need to. I also wouldn't extend Anthony Brown. In fact, I think we'll probably draft someone like Isaiah Johnson to replace him. Collins, I think we could get a fairly cheap deal for with his injury issues. I'd extend Cooper because I think he'd gain us cap space in extending him. I'd do the same with Jaylon and Collins. I'd then try to extend Zeke and Dak. If we're really in need of cap space by those points, I think we have players we can restructure to help us find cap space.

I think if we tag Jones we will end up paying more than extending him. I don't know if Isaiah Johnson is ideal for Browns spot. Brown has exception speed and and quickness which works really well at nickel. I think Isaiah Johnson would be a replacement for one of the outside corners.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think if we tag Jones we will end up paying more than extending him. I don't know if Isaiah Johnson is ideal for Browns spot. Brown has exception speed and works really well in the slot. I think Isaiah Johnson would be a replacement for one of the outside corners.

Ah, fair point about Isaiah Johnson. I suppose we could get a cheap deal for Brown. I'm not sure on the cap bit about Jones. If that is the case, then I'd resign Jones. However, I'd still wait till next year if we can't trade him this year. I'm not quite sold on him at CB yet. He finally showed his potential at CB. To be fair, that's largely Marinelli's fault for messing him about with his positioning. I think had Richard been here another year or so, Jones would've developed more quickly and this wouldn't even be a debate. Alas, we're stuck having to try and guess what we have with him at the moment.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Plus you get to chat with Putty :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:
:rolleyes:* "yer' Honour & fellows of the fellowship! Now I humbly beseech thee to bend an ear in the proper angle of attack to my klaxon call of assembled pondering for group contemplating concern ,for this above quote is a prime example as to why the first small step of a retching, hurling, puking, projectile vomiting emoji should be integrated immediately in it's implementation,,, er,,, for I shall lobby& stump speech for a much needed & of utmost necessity dislike clicker casing-liner once the reasonably deemed adoption of pukie vomiting yellow face is hardly been available for utilization,,, as once inroads having been made, it shall always & forevermore be More!,, much,much MORE! in progressive fashion of CHANGE,,,

MELON the usurper FEUD**:lmao2::facepalm::lmao2:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Whatever you want man.
Copy! does warm& fuzzy Hallmark remembrance cards exchanged annually around the end of June work for you?,,, er,,,as I'm rather partial of the flaming brown grocery store paper bags 1/4 filled with M-80'S& FRESH large breed Dog crap hurled towards each others front doors exchanged in no set timeline of frequency, till somebody gets hurt,,,cuz' that's ALWAYS HILARIOUS & MAKES FOR A guaranteed GOOD TIME:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Copy! does warm& fuzzy Hallmark remembrance cards exchanged annually around the end of June work for you?,,, er,,,as I'm rather partial of the flaming brown grocery store paper bags 1/4 filled with M-80'S& FRESH large breed Dog crap hurled towards each others front doors exchanged in no set timeline of frequency, till somebody gets hurt,,,cuz' that's ALWAYS HILARIOUS & MAKES FOR A guaranteed GOOD TIME:thumbup::starspin::thumbup:
Reminds me when I was 13 and the kid, down the street, accused me of stealing his G.I. Joe's.
Uh huh...
How does your bedroom window being lined with several thousand black cats and fired at 4 in the morning sound?

Sounds great to me! Let's make it happen Cap'n!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Reminds me when I was 13 and the kid, down the street, accused me of stealing his G.I. Joe's.
Uh huh...
How does your bedroom window being lined with several thousand black cats and fired at 4 in the morning sound?

Sounds great to me! Let's make it happen Cap'n!
:lmao: that whole angle of " till somebody gets hurt" really is of my practiced preference,,,NEIGHBORS

*I'm Dan Aykroyd and your John Belushi ,,,palo_O

*did you steal the saps extra GI joes?

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Then ride your Harley *** over here. El Paso will embrace you with open arms. Let's make explosions.
:lmao:
Or, you could walk yer screen writing typewriter of Horace Greeley style to Tucson,,, ( as ,I actually believe I've really got a GI Joe combat action figure doll I used to play with around 8y.o. thrown in a drawer out in the motor home/ Mobile storage locker,,, you could put that practiced pinch maneuver on,,,:thumbup:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
:lmao:
Or, you could walk yer screen writing typewriter of Horace Greeley style to Tucson,,, ( as ,I actually believe I've really got a GI Joe combat action figure doll I used to play with around 8y.o. thrown in a drawer out in the motor home/ Mobile storage locker,,, you could put that practiced pinch maneuver on,,,:thumbup:
Lol... Tucson. Sweet. Phoenix farted and we get a city that's claim to fame is selling ostrich eggs on the side of a highway.

How about no. You ride... I'd like to see your hog.