Stephen: Wants Dak's deal done before season

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So, Dak is the only QB who could have success here. No one else could take us further ? Lol
well I did not say that lol.
My point is each qb will do differently on different team or with different coaches and players.
The problem in dallas hasnt been the players, it is the coaches and FO.

I will admit dak is sub par in passing, but to me it looks like he isnt being coached properly, the abilitys are there, just not utilized or
trained properly.
If we got say stafford or even rodgers , it would improve the passing game but final results of losing in playoffs would be the same.
But if you look at the realistic qb's we could get, then it would just be different not better.

With dak, as bad as he plays at times, the team has made the playoffs 2 times in 3 years, and then was clearly out coached
when they lost in div round, so it isnt dak that is the main problem.

With better coaching, elliot would also be more of a factor in game, where now some games he is shut down. like in the rams game.,
It was poor blocking schemes that stifled E in that game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My point is each qb will do differently on different team or with different coaches and players.

I will admit dak is sub par in passing, but to me it looks like he isnt being coached properly, the abilitys are there, just not utilized or
trained properly.
If we got say stafford or even rodgers , it would improve the passing game but final results of losing in playoffs would be the same.
But if you look at the realistic qb's we could get, then it would just be different not better.

With dak, as bad as he plays at times, the team has made the playoffs 2 times in 3 years, and then was clearly out coached

With better coaching, elliot would also be more of a factor in game, where now some games he is shut down. like in the rams game.,
But that’s basically what you are saying in the results wouldn’t be different.

Better FO and coaching here isn’t currently an option.

We are a talent dependent franchise. The greater talent at key positions the more potential for favorable results. Look how we improved adding Cooper. Imagine if we added a QB as talented.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well he has played like his draft report.
He is going to get paid, you should be happy.
You and Dak can kick back and enjoy the moment.
Leave a large section of the fans to worry about his play, you obviously don't.
If he plays well everybody will be happy, if he doesn't you get to throw insults at posters who point that out. So, you win again. Enjoy Roy.

Dak has been nothing short of incredible overall for a young developing QB. You would be hard pressed to find many QB's that have a better first 3 years in NFL history.

Of course he has things to work. Did you really expect Dak to be playing like a top 5 QB his first 3 years in the league? It appears your level of concern is completely out of whack.

If that year was redrafted, he would be a top 5 pick in the first round.

Stating that he has played like a 4th round pick is nothing short of total and unbridled nonsense. Its simply a lie. Something a troll would say.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

trained properly.

If he is sub par in passing, then how has he led the NFL in 4th quarter and overtime comebacks the past 3 years?

Its an exaggeration to say the least.

erod

Reaction score
If you pay Dak $30 million a year, can you pay Zeke, too?

And if you can't pay Zeke, what will Dak be without Zeke?

And make no mistake, that will be he price of Dak's deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you pay Dak $30 million a year, can you pay Zeke, too?

And if you can't pay Zeke, what will Dak be without Zeke?

And make no mistake, that will be he price of Dak's deal.
We were one Elite offensive position last year from seeing what we are with Dak until Cooper arrived.

We’ve already seen what we are without Elliott.

Maybe these Daksters need to see 2 or 3 years of it to finally get it. They seem to forget what 3-3 without Elliot and 3-4 without Cooper looked like.

If we can’t advance further before we pay them too then it’s probably not going happen. Unless Dak develops into an Elite passer.

Last edited:

ShortRound

Reaction score
about stephen saying this publicly, what purpose does it serve? It doesnt mean anything, except he would
like it to be done and out of the way soon.

Now that Tank is signed, gives the talking heads (and us) something to argue over. It’s free publicity.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Lol... Tucson. Sweet. Phoenix farted and we get a city that's claim to fame is selling ostrich eggs on the side of a highway.

How about no. You ride... I'd like to see your hog.
:lmao:( I just now saw this) that Rooster Cogburn's Ostrich ranch is up in the Picacho Peak A.O. ,,,north of T-town,,,although that particular A.O. is the western most location of armed engagement of the american civil war,as the confederates had pulled their colors that had previously been flying over Tucson & lit out for San Francisco ( I think) in where a small mounted detachment from both combatant forces ,exchanged rifle fire at distanced range ,briefly

* my Harley blows oil& needs TLC:(

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They should extend Cooper, Zeke, Jones, Jaylon, La'el Collins, Maliek Collins, Brown and anyone else they want to keep and then go to Dak and say, "I've got some good news and some bad news."

The good news is we are providing you with a championship caliber roster to work with.

The bad news is we are cap strapped but you will earn more in endorsements than any player in the history of the NFL if you can win a super bowl.

It's up to you.

The problem with this strategy is what if Dak says no to your lowball offer?

Says you being cap strapped aint his problem, just like DLaw said at his press conference about taking less so others get pad, DLaw said right in front of Steven Jones "that aint my problem".

See Dak's deal expires after this season, so he walks or gets tagged. [$27 mill is projected tag next year for QBs, tag this year was $25].

So what you going to do? Dak and his agent just turned down your offer. You tagging him at $27 million? What if you aint got the cap room since you signed everybody else in your list? You letting Dak go as a free agent? Then who is your QB? You see why teams prioritize QBs over everybody else? That is why Dak will be the next contract done.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don’t be discouraged by some of the overly aggressive slobbering Daksters who don’t take kindly to any criticism whatsoever of their beloved QB. They take it personally and some will respond with personal attacks and insults.

Despite Daks weaknesses in prolific passing ability his intangible assets and winning ways will like all Dallas QB’s ultimately be measured by his and the team’s success in the playoffs.

Like you said , we are pulling for his success but it doesn’t mean we can’t call out our concerns like we would with any issue.

I'm sorry, but for a devoted Jason Garrett supporter to be saying Dak should be judged "by his and the team’s success in the playoffs." is laughable...………...Irony at its finest!!!

784679.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but for a devoted Jason Garrett supporter to be saying Dak should be judged "by his and the team’s success in the playoffs." is laughable...………...Irony at its finest!!!

784679.jpg
I didn’t say it should be.

And my support of Garrett revolves around the notion he’s been the best puppet this era. If I thought a greater coach was a possibility with Jerry getting out of the way, I’d fire Jason in a heartbeat.

Garrett has been successful within the circumstances we have in this dysfunctional organization. We are a talent dependent team. The greater talent in key positions increases our opportunity for success within the other obstacles, hindrances and handicaps Jerry’s ways presents.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem with this strategy is what if Dak says no to your lowball offer?

Says you being cap strapped aint his problem, just like DLaw said at his press conference about taking less so others get pad, DLaw said right in front of Steven Jones "that aint my problem".

See Dak's deal expires after this season, so he walks or gets tagged. [$27 mill is projected tag next year for QBs, tag this year was $25].

So what you going to do? Dak and his agent just turned down your offer. You tagging him at $27 million? What if you aint got the cap room since you signed everybody else in your list? You letting Dak go as a free agent? Then who is your QB? You see why teams prioritize QBs over everybody else? That is why Dak will be the next contract done.
Then I’d like our chances of using our 1st round pick in 2020 and whatever assets needed to grab our next franchise QB.

If we aren’t able to get over the hump or advance further in these Rookie contracts then it’s going to be much tougher once we sign them to surround with as much Elite talent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Funny, I say the same thing about Jason Garrett and his 2 Wildcard wins.

No one else could take us further ? Lol
I’m not sure anyone else Jerry would be willing to bring in or attract.

We’ve had more proven and experienced HC’s in this puppet era and none have had any more success.

It takes a special breed to coexist under the strings attached to Jethro and Son.

I like the current culture and type of team overall we’ve seen develop under Jason’s watch. I believe his influence over these Football Idiots is about as good as we can hope for. Yes, Garrett has some weaknesses in coaching and Game Day gaffs but so do all coaches.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

784679.jpg
I’m not sure anyone else Jerry would be willing to bring in or attract.

We’ve had more proven and experienced HC’s in this puppet era and none have had any more success.

It takes a special breed to coexist under the strings attached to Jethro and Son.

I like the current culture and type of team overall we’ve seen develop under Jason’s watch. I believe his influence over these Football Idiots is about as good as we can hope for. Yes, Garrett has some weaknesses in coaching and Game Day gaffs but so do all coaches.

I for ( one) will admit, that under the obvious circumstances imposed upon Coach GARRETT
( ,,,er,,,ZERO experience under his belt for his appointed position,considered foremost) ,,,although ,that's merely one of many in which Coach Garrett has been forced to circumnavigate during some stumbling of his tenure,,, maintaining that Footballish .500 league avg. , while not impressive, it is a rather admirable milestone,,, not a good milestone / not a bad milestone ,,,truly it's just a gray painted milestone, midway along the express way of desolation highway o_O

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
From a staff point of view, a contract will be cheaper now than in the future as the salary market value especially for QBs goes up every bundle of signings. Also, when other teams' QBs contracts are up for extension the market value will again be higher.
It's also worth noting that the salary cap will also increase, so it's realistic to assume they will be smarter than they have been in the past with other top players.

Prescott, whether you like it or not, is the most important signing.