Image: Stephen White Tweets: Lions didn't do anything special to take Dez away, he was open alot

Shatz88

Reaction score
Idk how that is relevant. If anything that means u should look to ur #1 more often. I wish we would just come clean and admit romo has not played well for a big portion of this season.

I agree. I like Romo as much as the next guy, but outside of the Denver game, he hasn't done much of anything.

beevomav

Reaction score
lol, ahahahah... go sit down some where bro.. Any single pass can result in a touchdown. you discounted 4 plays where Dez was open and said they dont matter because it was just 4 plays.

give this guy a manual.

You guys continue to ignore the facts. Romo was under heavy pressure, and Dez was double covered. No picture is going to change those facts.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Guess we're not the Browns either whose QB almost threw for 300yds-yes Brandon Weeden led Browns, or the Bears offense and Cutler who torched them?

I really think the offense as a whole has taken a step back this year. I really don't understand the playcalling (how often they run, the types of route combos they use, etc...). It doesn't make sense most of the time. I'm not liking Callahan as the playcaller.

Ender

Reaction score
Im hesitant to be overly critical of Romo. For anyone who watched that Denver game, it should be obvious to them that Romo can still be a heck of a QB. Whats been going on the last two games? No idea. Somethings gotta give. He can make the throws. He's not letting the ball fly for some reason. And dont blame the O line. It hasnt been great but he's had time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Im hesitant to be overly critical of Romo. For anyone who watched that Denver game, it should be obvious to them that Romo can still be a heck of a QB. Whats been going on the last two games? No idea. Somethings gotta give. He can make the throws. He's not letting the ball fly for some reason. And dont blame the O line. It hasnt been great but he's had time.

Romo has struggled a bit here lately, but so has the OL. Early in the season the OL was completely shutting people down, but lately they've been allowing a lot of pressure up the middle (which IMO rattles a QB more than blind side hits).

Now with Waters out? Be ready to watch Romo taking a BEATING from hits up the middle.

Ender

Reaction score
Romo has struggled a bit here lately, but so has the OL. Early in the season the OL was completely shutting people down, but lately they've been allowing a lot of pressure up the middle (which IMO rattles a QB more than blind side hits).

Now with Waters out? Be ready to watch Romo taking a BEATING from hits up the middle.

yea, with waters out, we're talking about a whole new ball game here. But i still dont buy that romo has 0 time to complete passes out there. That's some what of an excuse for him

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The WR Coach, kept telling DEZ they had a safety playing over the top.....LOL

Dooley- hated that hire.
I disliked him in Tennessee...
I like him less in Dallas.
I was truly sad to see Robinson retire.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
He WAS open a lot - the fact that he had only 6 targets makes me ill.

I think that's only part of it. He should have been targeted more, but Romo was also under a bit of pressure. That Fairely had at least 2 clean shots at Romo, saw a few others where a blitzer came quick. I saw DET playing Dallas the way KC did where they go w/ a bit of man coverage, let their LBs drop to take away the intermediate passes and let their Dline and maybe one blitzer put pressure on the QB.

It worked for them. It's still no excuse for 6targets. If Romo's getting pressured the you roll him out of the pocket...we dont' see much of that anymore.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Everyone is talking about romo's progressions and reads. Now i never played football so i may be putting my foot in my mouth here, but how is Dez Bryant not your FIRST OPTION?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
That's the difference between stafford and romo. We seen it in the game. Romo barely targeted dez instead we tried to get cute and go to twill. Stafford went at CJ all day and just let him make play after play. Especially since we did nothing to stop it.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
You guys continue to ignore the facts. Romo was under heavy pressure, and Dez was double covered. No picture is going to change those facts.

The pictures show dez was not doubled. Romo flat out missed him. Why go to such lengths to defend him? The eye in the sky don't lie.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Everyone is talking about romo's progressions and reads. Now i never played football so i may be putting my foot in my mouth here, but how is Dez Bryant not your FIRST OPTION?

It comes down to play design and how long it takes a certain route to develop

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Romo was definitely getting hammered early on, definitely would've been hard to have those deeper routes develop.

romofairley.gif

As the game progressed Romo started having more time and better protection, that's when we started doing our damage. It definitely does look like Romo missed some wide open chances, though to be fair we "I don't know Romo's progressions", none of us do. Regardless, this a game we should've STILL WON, smh.

Correcif I'm wrong but doesnt that type of drive into the ground sack usually draw a roughing penalty ?

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Stafford threw almost twice as many passes with no pressure as Romo did in that game, for almost twice as many yards.

Stafford
Pressured (29%): 4 of 12 88 yd 0 td 1 int 25.7 (2 runs, 1 sack)
No pressure (71%): 29 of 36 400 yd 1 td 1 int 110.6

Romo
Pressured (41%): 1 of 11 1 yd 0 td 0 int 39.6 (2 runs, 0 sacks)
No pressure (59%): 13 of 19 205 yd 3 td 0 int 143.6

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

We because we run our offense thru the TE so we run our offense inside out instead of outside in.