Stephon Gilmore released by Patriots (traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Buffalo radio guys are saying that the Bills are interested, have the cap space and feel that they're a legit contender if they add him to their squad.

Under the radar team that is scary good. ;)
He could put them over the top. . . . they originally drafted Him 10th over all . . . And He stays in Division . . . ouch

Carson

Reaction score
Who Can afford that and who would pay that?. . . I don't think He is getting it with age & Injury concerns. . . if He wants that kind of money He may have to play a prove it year and Everyone gets paid when they leave the Cowboys. . .
And I am sure Gilmore has been watching the young pups . . . besides Tad Prescott said Gilmore has a secret desire to be a Cowboy
Teams with $15+ million available
  1. Philly
  2. Denver
  3. Carolina
  4. Jacksonville

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Not many teams with the cap room to sign a CB to $15M/year long term right now. Yeah, teams can play cap games and sign him for vet min this year and spread the money out on a bogus 6-year contract. Is it worth it?

Who knows if he can really play? He might be really hurt.

quickccc

Reaction score
Gilmore is 31 years old. ..and he's just a couple of weeks away from coming off PUP list, but there are probably still
some questions about his health,..and effectiveness.

- And i'm betting there was still some doubts and questions among Pats organization, regarding healthiness, effectiveness
and medical issues, combined with contract issues with a guy looking for his last big contract.

- The vibe i get with some people here is they maybe thinking we are getting that same kind of player. ex-4 time All pro guy.
Name on the back of the jerseys.
He definitely not near the same player prior to his ACL injury.

- We wouldn't be signing him to be our lead, No.1 CB,.. that's already Diggs, Gilmore would be an afterthought as a replacement No.2.

And what would be Gilmore's price , even if it's a one year deal ? 7 ..8 to 10 million ? ..,I just don't/can't imagine it will be cheap either.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Oh wow, we don't have to give up Gallup and a top pick? Cracks me up!
He is not on the team . . . and in fact He may be joining
The Bucs, Rams or Cards may acquire Him.

Would you give a 3rd just to prevent that?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Raiders just lost 2CBs for a little while against the Chargers. The might be in the running.

Maybe the Dolphins need him since Byron Jones has a quad injury? Or the Bengals since Awuzie has a groin injury.

kskboys

Reaction score
Gilmore is 31 years old. ..and he's just a couple of weeks away from coming off PUP list, but there are probably still

- And i'm betting there was still some doubts and questions among Pats organization, regarding healthiness, effectiveness
and medical issues, combined with contract issues with a guy looking for his last big contract.

- The vibe i get with some people here is they maybe thinking we are getting that same kind of player. ex-4 time All pro guy.

- We wouldn't be signing him to be our lead, No.1 CB,.. that's already Diggs, Gilmore would be an afterthought as a replacement No.2.

And what would be Gilmore's price , even if it's a one year deal ? 7 ..8 to 10 million ? ..,I just don't/can't imagine it will be cheap either.
30-31 is generally the age CBs fall off a table. It appears Gilmore has fallen off the table. If he's not already done, he soon will be.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Buffalo radio guys are saying that the Bills are interested, have the cap space and feel that they're a legit contender if they add him to their squad.

Under the radar team that is scary good. ;)
He and White would make an exceptional duo, especially with Gilmore being the #2

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
30-31 is generally the age CBs fall off a table. It appears Gilmore has fallen off the table. If he's not already done, he soon will be.
He hasnt yet. He had a very strong 2020. His play level is high. The concern is that he was injured last year, and is injured now. If he is healthy he is still a legit #1 CB right now.

Problem is 2022 and 2023. When does he drop off, and what are you paying him at that point

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Pats were willing to pay him more money but he wouldn’t take it.

So it’s really all about the contract and how easily you can get out of it.

A 2 year deal is what you want. Even if you can do a 4 year deal that’s really 2 if you have to.

If Dallas has championship hopes it’s just going to be hard to watch someone take a piece that potentially puts your team over the top.

fivetwos

Reaction score

I tend to agree, and this move may act as a progress stopper.

Hate to use that term because he would be an instant upgrade for NOW.....but how do you sign him after this season?

How do you develop the two high draft picks properly? They wont see the field much at all.

We have MANY guys with expiring deals this offseason and I'm thinking bigger picture on this one.

That said I won't be upset if they go this route, but I really don't want to go back to the zero depth Garrett days because of a top heavy roster.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pats were willing to pay him more money but he wouldn’t take it.

So it’s really all about the contract and how easily you can get out of it.

A 2 year deal is what you want. Even if you can do a 4 year deal that’s really 2 if you have to.

If Dallas has championship hopes it’s just going to be hard to watch someone take a piece that potentially puts your team over the top.

I predict the Bucs will sign him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
And some debated sending Gallup and a 2nd round pick for him? Haha, glad that crazy idea is out the window.

I'm on board with bringing in Gilmore now!

Status
Not open for further replies.