Video: Steve Mariucci: How Tony Romo would make the Cowboys better

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Waiting until something goes wrong is reactionary and not how a team should be managed.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Your not for one final knockout to put the issue to rest for everyone ?

Many fans can't move on until they know or see Romo will not be returning.
The sad thing is Romonians knowing full well how close Romo is to a devastating injury, yet want this 37-year-old to prove their predictions of Romo greatness.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I can't believe that all of the Dak supporters and Romo critics don't want to see Romo come back at least for one game and see if he's up to snuff.

If Romo isn't or gets hurt again then we can finally end this debate and move on with the future right now. The Romo era will officially be over. Turn the page and we all can get on the same page.

But until we do this issue is going to linger and fester dividing our fan base.

I think part of the issue is that we have a decade long book on Romo? He's certainly a skilled QB but is there not a book on him? Not necessarily his fault but he's abandoned this team at the worst possible times due to chronic injuries. We've also been disappointed at the end of each season one way or another often is some dramatic fashion. Romo has shown us who he is?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think part of the issue is that we have a decade long book on Romo? He's certainly a skilled QB but is there not a book on him? Not necessarily his fault but he's abandoned this team at the worst possible times due to chronic injuries. We've also been disappointed at the end of each season one way or another often is some dramatic fashion. Romo has shown us who he is?

That "book" on Romo has him as a top 5 passer of all time. Do you even understand how hard it is to play QB in this league and be consistent through the years? There are a limited amount of people on this planet that can play at the level of Romo.

The "book" on Romo tells us it's going to be very very very hard to find anyone else like Romo. So show some freakin' respect.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
That "book" on Romo has him as a top 5 passer of all time. Do you even understand how hard it is to play QB in this league and be consistent through the years? There are a limited amount of people on this planet that can play at the level of Romo.

The "book" on Romo tells us it's going to be very very very hard to find anyone else like Romo. So show some freakin' respect.

I respect him. I really do and disrespect what not my intent at all. Let me be clear in that I'm a fan of Tony Romo but most importantly of the TEAM. At this point however Romo represents a hot ex girlfriend that you have no business going back to (at least not right now). That's just the way I see it. I do agree with you that he's vastly underrated and a great QB. Unfortunately his postseason record will always cast a shadow of doubt.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I respect him. I really do and disrespect what not my intent at all. Let me be clear in that I'm a fan of Tony Romo but most importantly of the TEAM. At this point however Romo represents a hot ex girlfriend that you have no business going back to (at least not right now). That's just the way I see it. I do agree with you that he's vastly underrated and a great QB. Unfortunately his postseason record will always cast a shadow of doubt.

It should cast no shadow of doubt. Players like Romo, Rivers, and even Matt Ryan have the ability to win a Super Bowl. But this is the most team sport game ever created. Winning just a few games in this league can be a challenge, there is a good reason why records like 13-3, 14-2, and 15-1 are hard to achieve, and why no team other than one has gone undefeated. It's tough to win even regular season games let alone the Super Bowl. It takes big play from 22 players, sometimes some luck, and at times getting hot at the right time to win the big game.

Sadly, throughout the years while we have had some stars, we lacked what it took as a team to win a Super Bowl. I would say a good portion of Romo's career we were in a bit of a rebuild mode, especially when Garrett took over. But until Romo shows he's no longer that top 5 passer, he deserves his shot.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
It should cast no shadow of doubt. Players like Romo, Rivers, and even Matt Ryan have the ability to win a Super Bowl. But this is the most team sport game ever created. Winning just a few games in this league can be a challenge, there is a good reason why records like 13-3, 14-2, and 15-1 are hard to achieve, and why no team other than one has gone undefeated. It's tough to win even regular season games let alone the Super Bowl. It takes big play from 22 players, sometimes some luck, and at times getting hot at the right time to win the big game.

Sadly, throughout the years while we have had some stars, we lacked what it took as a team to win a Super Bowl. I would say a good portion of Romo's career we were in a bit of a rebuild mode, especially when Garrett took over. But until Romo shows he's no longer that top 5 passer, he deserves his shot.

I get it... all valid points. You absolutely cannot measure success by SB rings. It's difficult but it's also the same reason we praise that reach that pinnacle. I'll say the manner in which we end seasons due to performance, mistakes etc. does not necessarily look favorably for Tony. We'll see what happens.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I get it... all valid points. You absolutely cannot measure success by SB rings. It's difficult but it's also the same reason we praise that reach that pinnacle. I'll say the manner in which we end seasons due to performance, mistakes etc. does not necessarily look favorably for Tony. We'll see what happens.
I wouldn't say we can't measure success by SB Rings. It just not the only measurement .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Is Jimmy , Jerry or the Tripletts legacy as great without those SB Rings.

Aikmans individual stats aren't enough without those SB Rings to be in HOF. There are example s which go in either direction.

Winning championships Absolutely elevates a players stature . Signature games can elevate or label a player.

Football is a sum sport . There is a winner and a loser . Winning will always matter at least in America where we place winning gold or 1st as the ultimate achievement and measurement even in team sports. Not the only measurement but it's a big part. You have to look much deeper for the diamonds in dust.

I haven't checked the numbers lately but when I visited the HOF less than 25% inducted didn't win a championship. Witten could be the first Cowboy without a Championship .