Still concerned about losing Kellen Moore?

SSoup

Reaction score
I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed how the Giants floundered with Jason Garrett when they hired him despite his failure (and the reasons for his failure) here... because we're likely gonna pull the exact same move when McCarthy gives the offense to his buddy, failed Giants coach Ben McAdoo.

But it'll be okay, right? After all, it's not like anything bad or calamitous ever resulted when McCarthy handed one of our coordinator jobs to some buddy of his from his past. Right? Right, guys?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know this was a hot topic, even included firing McC to keep Moore. Still feel the same after seeing his play calling the last few games?

The one we should be concerned about losing is Quinn because there were some GM's really liking what they were seeing from him and his interaction with his players on that sideline jumped him up the ladder, I believe.

Kellen Moore was riding the crest of the wave but that hit the beach and has died out and he has more talent on his side of the ball than Quinn but which coach is making the most out of what he has?

Who look confused on that sideline in New Orleans and who looked comfortable and in charge?

I still think Moore has a bright future but he needs to fix the problems of the present because this team rides the offense, and that run game, as far as it will take them and gaining 5 on 1st down when trying to eat some clock and then throwing it twice to end the drive and only using 1:02 of the clock is not high level OC work.

I do not think you have to be concerned about losing Moore to a NFL HC job. That could change but his stock is down right now.
Boy Wonder can go coach the Lions next year, I am highly unimpressed. Why you ask?

1. Players on the field not on same page.

2. Horrific play calling, like a 10 yr old playing Madden with no idea of game management. When you have a lead in the 4th quarter you run the dam ball, not go shotgun 4 and 5 wides.

3. No idea how to use his personel. I mentioned those 4 and 5 wide sets, guess what? Our RB hobbling around on one leg was lined up as a slot WR. There is literally no words when you see something like that, like what the hell is the OC even thinking?

luckyman76

Reaction score
People wonder why we don't look like world beaters. It's partly injuries and circumstances but mostly teams will not continue to allow you to embarrass them the same way every week. They watch game tape too. Moore and the coaching staff are doing a poor job of anticipating how teams will go after them by being too CONSISTENT, too PREDICTABLE. If teams are going to load up against the run you have to burn them deep at the start of games and stretch them and we have a combination of being afraid to be too aggressive with Dak on the deep stuff and being lazy about having more talent and just leaning on them with the short stuff. Eventually our offense gets going but by not being risk takers we throw away too many good drives in the 1st half that with a couple of touchdowns would have demoralized and physically destroyed the other team for the second half. We could get our run solidly going in the second half and not have to abandon it. Teams right now are daring us to beat them deep and we just don't do it.

With Dak's injuries we don't use him the same way but I say we need to go back to the Romo days with more clear passing situations that we use the Dak rush or a Zeke/Pollard delayed draw with a spread out D. We also need more or a Denver shift in our OL to use more outside run plays to stretch Ds. ALL of our stuff is right up the gut predictable crap. The one time we get creative 60 yard TD. Saints could line up every time and run it and it was a success no matter what. It's clearly game planning and play calling that is screwing us. Zeke can be hurt or slow but when he is contacted in the backfield that is a bad play call that even Barry Sanders isn't getting away from.

leeblair

Reaction score
I know this was a hot topic, even included firing McC to keep Moore. Still feel the same after seeing his play calling the last few games?

The one we should be concerned about losing is Quinn because there were some GM's really liking what they were seeing from him and his interaction with his players on that sideline jumped him up the ladder, I believe.

Kellen Moore was riding the crest of the wave but that hit the beach and has died out and he has more talent on his side of the ball than Quinn but which coach is making the most out of what he has?

Who look confused on that sideline in New Orleans and who looked comfortable and in charge?

I still think Moore has a bright future but he needs to fix the problems of the present because this team rides the offense, and that run game, as far as it will take them and gaining 5 on 1st down when trying to eat some clock and then throwing it twice to end the drive and only using 1:02 of the clock is not high level OC work.

I do not think you have to be concerned about losing Moore to a NFL HC job. That could change but his stock is down right now.
Moore can't fix the offense as long as Dak is quarterback. Dak is gimpy on one leg and doesn't move enough to take advantage of the things Moore is setting up for him. And Dak has reached his peak- as he does every year- and after accepting the Super Bowl trophy 3 weeks ago, he's done for the year.

ArtClink

Reaction score

Great post Coach. am I worried we might lose our off coordinator who has never led this offense to a playoff win? Moore is Jerry’s new chosen one and there’s no doubt that Moore will be our next head coach. I 100% guarantee that he will be named our hc in the next 3-12 months. I’ve seen this movie before (I.e., Garrett) and I know how it ends.

My frustration with Moore getting promoted to our off coordinator is that Jones could have hired Super Bowl winning offensive coordinators like Byron Leftwich (Tampa Bay) or Eric Bieniemy (KC). Instead Jones rolls the dice with an unproven Moore.

When our offensive line is healthy, we can beat anyone (assuming our defense can mk a stop when it really matters). But handing this offensive off to a totally green Kellen Moore is exactly why we continue to chase the dream of a deep playoff run.

Cue the Kellen Moore hc press conference either in the offseason or at the end of next season. Either way, Jerry will pay Moore a ton of money to ensure we don’t lose him lol.

Cowboyfanforlife

Reaction score

Nope......not concerned at all losing him........Let Big Mike choose his OC and not jerry...

bewp7

Reaction score
no jerry will never let him go any way

he is obsess with developing the next great cowboys coach so he can get more credit and kellen is it he is the new jason garrett.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This was a hot topic earlier in the season when the Cowboys offense looked unstoppable. Kellen Moore was labeled a genius and some fans wanted to fire McCarthy and hire Moore as the head coach. lol As usual fans were living in the moment. Now that the offense has begun to sputter the past few weeks many fans have soured on Moore. Some were even handing Mike McCarthy coach of the year early in the season. I said early on allow the season to play out and let’s see how we end up. I’ve never been one to jump to conclusions about the team, players or coaches after a few games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I remember last season many fans wanted to lock up Aldon Smith to a long-term contract after the first three games. He was leading the entire league in sacks with 4 and one fan predicted he would set the NFL record for sacks. :laugh: Smith registered only one more sack the rest of the season. Tap the damn brakes and allow the season to play out. I’ve never seen fans come to conclusions as quick as some of the fans here.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great post Coach. am I worried we might lose our off coordinator who has never led this offense to a playoff win? Moore is Jerry’s new chosen one and there’s no doubt that Moore will be our next head coach. I 100% guarantee that he will be named our hc in the next 3-12 months. I’ve seen this movie before (I.e., Garrett) and I know how it ends.

My frustration with Moore getting promoted to our off coordinator is that Jones could have hired Super Bowl winning offensive coordinators like Byron Leftwich (Tampa Bay) or Eric Bieniemy (KC). Instead Jones rolls the dice with an unproven Moore.

When our offensive line is healthy, we can beat anyone (assuming our defense can mk a stop when it really matters). But handing this offensive off to a totally green Kellen Moore is exactly why we continue to chase the dream of a deep playoff run.

Cue the Kellen Moore hc press conference either in the offseason or at the end of next season. Either way, Jerry will pay Moore a ton of money to ensure we don’t lose him lol.
This certainly follows the Jerry mindset. Always looking for the next “Tom Landry” he can get credit for “developing”.

But at this point, unless Big Mac oversees a complete collapse, I think Mac is back again next yr. The only way The Hammer Moore is HC in the next 12 mos is for that reason. I certainly agree that Moore would fit the bill for the new Garrett type. We will see though. IMO, still too early to tell.

ArtClink

Reaction score
This certainly follows the Jerry mindset. Always looking for the next “Tom Landry” he can get credit for “developing”.

But at this point, unless Big Mac oversees a complete collapse, I think Mac is back again next yr. The only way The Hammer Moore is HC in the next 12 mos is for that reason. I certainly agree that Moore would fit the bill for the new Garrett type. We will see though. IMO, still too early to tell.
Good points. However, I am confident it’s not IF but WHEN Kellen “The Hammer” Moore becomes our next hc.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The offensive issues, all of them, are a direct result of bad offensive line play. No pass protection and no run blocking. Take the 58 yarder out and Pollard avg was less than 2 ypc. Zeke 3.5

ArtClink

Reaction score
The offensive issues, all of them, are a direct result of bad offensive line play. No pass protection and no run blocking.
So Moore gets a pass? No blame assigned when our offense struggles? That sounds like Jerry’s gig; have the final say in all football matters and take zero accountability when we fail to mk any noise in the playoffs. Then hold hc accountable, the head coach possessing very little real authority.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So Moore gets a pass? No blame assigned when our offense struggles? That sounds like Jerry’s gig; have the final say in all football matters and take zero accountability when we fail to mk any noise in the playoffs. Then hold hc accountable, the head coach possessing very little real authority.
Yes, Moore gets a pass.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Moore can't fix the offense as long as Dak is quarterback. Dak is gimpy on one leg and doesn't move enough to take advantage of the things Moore is setting up for him. And Dak has reached his peak- as he does every year- and after accepting the Super Bowl trophy 3 weeks ago, he's done for the year.
:clap: