Still concerned about losing Kellen Moore?

TheCritic

Reaction score
Still concerned about losing Moore? Actually no. I'm way more concerned about Cowboys fans adopting Canadian ways of thinking (negativity, spreading hate, thinking they understand American football, etc.). It's very troubling to watch.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know this was a hot topic, even included firing McC to keep Moore. Still feel the same after seeing his play calling the last few games?

The one we should be concerned about losing is Quinn because there were some GM's really liking what they were seeing from him and his interaction with his players on that sideline jumped him up the ladder, I believe.

Kellen Moore was riding the crest of the wave but that hit the beach and has died out and he has more talent on his side of the ball than Quinn but which coach is making the most out of what he has?

Who look confused on that sideline in New Orleans and who looked comfortable and in charge?

I still think Moore has a bright future but he needs to fix the problems of the present because this team rides the offense, and that run game, as far as it will take them and gaining 5 on 1st down when trying to eat some clock and then throwing it twice to end the drive and only using 1:02 of the clock is not high level OC work.

I do not think you have to be concerned about losing Moore to a NFL HC job. That could change but his stock is down right now.

Moore is incredible. Would be a huge blow to lose one of the best young coordinators in the NFL. Its not his fault Jerry pushes Zeke down his throat every week. Not his fault half the offense has been injured.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t have any issues whatsoever with Kellen Moore.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Moore is incredible. Would be a huge blow to lose one of the best young coordinators in the NFL. Its not his fault Jerry pushes Zeke down his throat every week. Not his fault half the offense has been injured.
Incredible compared to who? Garrett when he was our off coordinator? Then yes he is a huge upgrade over carrot top but compared to who Jerry could have hired, Moore remains unproven; unproven until he actually wins a playoff game. Until then, he’s just another yes man in a long history of yes men.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Incredible compared to who? Garrett when he was our off coordinator? Then yes he is a huge upgrade over carrot top but compared to who Jerry could have hired, Moore remains unproven; unproven until he actually wins a playoff game. Until then, he’s just another yes man in a long history of yes men.

Moore is incredible. Just because guys like you don't know how to read in injury doesn't change that.

Winning a playoff game has little to do with Moore. Did you expect the Cowboys to goto the playoffs last year? How about the year before when Garrett got fired? I dont think so. Nothing to do with it.

Syron

Reaction score
I'd do the deep dive and say I don't think Moore is the problem.

I've always said this offense goes through Zeke. And Zeke is not 100%.
Problem two is QB1 admits he's trying to force things and not take what the defense is giving.
So I don't think it matters what Moore calls when he doesn't have Zeke and QB1 is doing his own thing.

Still, I'd be more worried about losing Quinn than Moore this offseason.

Just me.
Good point, but you don't pay your QB 75m a year if you need your RB to be healthy.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know this was a hot topic, even included firing McC to keep Moore. Still feel the same after seeing his play calling the last few games?

The one we should be concerned about losing is Quinn because there were some GM's really liking what they were seeing from him and his interaction with his players on that sideline jumped him up the ladder, I believe.

Kellen Moore was riding the crest of the wave but that hit the beach and has died out and he has more talent on his side of the ball than Quinn but which coach is making the most out of what he has?

Who look confused on that sideline in New Orleans and who looked comfortable and in charge?

I still think Moore has a bright future but he needs to fix the problems of the present because this team rides the offense, and that run game, as far as it will take them and gaining 5 on 1st down when trying to eat some clock and then throwing it twice to end the drive and only using 1:02 of the clock is not high level OC work.

I do not think you have to be concerned about losing Moore to a NFL HC job. That could change but his stock is down right now.
Not so much

ArtClink

Reaction score
Moore is incredible. Just because guys like you don't know how to read in injury doesn't change that.

Winning a playoff game has little to do with Moore. Did you expect the Cowboys to goto the playoffs last year? How about the year before when Garrett got fired? I dont think so. Nothing to do with it.
And exactly why is Moore so revered?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The execution has been wanting, but from what I am seeing, Moore's playcalls have been sound. It's fair to question how well he would translate to a HC'ing job he's never done before, but as an OC? He still has my vote of confidence.

As far as the Garrett offense... what made Garrett a bad OC wasn't his offense per se, it was his refusal to change that offense for literally a decade no matter what players he had or what other teams had figured out. Let's see how Kellen looks after getting 10 bites at the apple before we throw around Garrett comparisons. Right now he's had 2.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I was never worried. Just because Troy used to say he would be a head coach next season? Now Troy takes shots at him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s still the hottest offensive HC commodity in the league. GMs aren’t going to flip flop on the guy like fans do when injuries hurt performance for a few weeks.