Still hard for Cowboys to win with Jones style ownership

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Unfortunately after all of these years I’m leaning towards we can’t . Or at least it’s very unlikely unless we have the freakish talent above and beyond our competition. Similar to how we won our last championship. Beyond that, my hope is very limited at best.

And it frustrates me we have so many fans who still buy into our snake oil salesman propaganda every year which fuels his support and continued revenue success. He shouldn’t be rewarded until he produces on the field.

So , bare with me as I will continue my pursuit and quest to bring attention to it as I know for some it’s old news. But as long as there’s breath in my body and the registers are ringing at record pace at the Star I’ll continue screaming from whatever platforms are provided. Thanks
Here here!
They will never take our Freedom!!!

basel90

Reaction score
For me I am Happy because I get to route for Dak. . so for me Jerry is Good in my book

Because without Jerry Dak never would have happened
Dak has not done anything yet by the way . But he is not the main problem with the cowboys . The main problem is that the owner GM is stronger than the coach. Players have no fear or immediate direction or accountability. The coach can always say he did not pick the players or overpay them tremendous amounts . The coach collects the check and moves on .
Successful organizations has ONE leader that everyone knows is in charge and fear him the most . For example beliceck at NE or Arians in Tampa , or a Bill Walsh or a Parcells or Jimmy Johnson etc. That model is not there with the cowboys .
It is a lot of fun for Jerry but not the fans or subordinates . Not sure how different Stephen can be but there are good signs he has learned what no to do .

GMO415

Reaction score
I don't see Stephen being a guy who never won a SB like his old man. He'll get one hell or high water.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think what mainly motivates Jerry to serve as GM is that he's in a better position to control financial expenditures. He much prefers to spend on material improvements more than anything else. Jerry World is a perfect example of that, along with his stadium, helicopters, planes, boats, buses, practice fields, etc, etc. Improving the Cowboys brand, rather than the on-field results, rates first and foremost to him, as the owner/GM.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman came out a couple years ago with scathing comments on this . And not much has changed.

Amazing as he nears 80 years of age we still have fans who hope his leadership of Cowboys Football is going to take us back to a Super Bowl.
What about all the other teams that haven't won? Is that Jones fault too? Lol!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think what mainly motivates Jerry to serve as GM is that he's in a better position to control financial expenditures. He much prefers to spend on material improvements more than anything else. Jerry World is a perfect example of that, along with his stadium, helicopters, planes, boats, buses, practice fields, etc, etc. Improving the Cowboys brand, rather than the on-field results, rates first and foremost to him, as the owner/GM.
No, it’s all about receiving more credit for success on the football field. And he must be held accountable.

He tried winning championships when a HC received most of the credit and was the face of the franchise. That wasn’t enough for our frikin owner.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, cuddle up to our owner then. That places you in esteem frikin company. Lol
I know Jerry and I like him, I have no problem cuddling up with him. He gave us three rings. You go cuddle with the rest of the miserable haters. Have fun.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know Jerry and I like him, I have no problem cuddling up with him. He gave us three rings. You go cuddle with the rest of the miserable haters. Have fun.....
A perfect example why he’s not being held more accountable for this era . Thanks for contributing to making this era the worst in Cowboys history. Eat dog poo.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A perfect example why he’s not being held more accountable for this era . Thanks for contributing to making this era the worst in Cowboys history. Eat dog poo.
Yet you keep coming back to get your full of the poo! Miserable man! Get a life before you die.....