Still just beating crappy teams

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Gives me the irrits when people go on about the reg season doesnt matter.. lets see how they go in playoffs.

Well you have to win in the reg season to GET to the playoffs.. of course the regular season matters !

zeke21

Reaction score
This is revisionist history. As it happened, the Jets were 1-0. I know your head just goes 'but the Jets suck' but by that point you have invalidated your whole argument about 4 wins when we have now played 11.

Nevermind that part of their current win/loss total comes from losing to us and in one case twice.

SF has our number to this point. But that Eagles team is very beatable. I really like our chances at home.
everyones head should go.. the Jets suck. And then they lost Rodgers.

I realise that we all feel the Eagles team is beatable.. and I am keen to see us actually beat them. That would be good. To see us actually beat them in a game that matters.

In fact it will be good to hopefully see us win 4/5 of the next 5 games to really stamp that we are a legit team. If we fail then it shows nothing has changed.

risco

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Some of you deserve a, smdh! It’s better than losing to “bad teams.”

CCBoy

Reaction score
everyones head should go.. the Jets suck. And then they lost Rodgers.

I realise that we all feel the Eagles team is beatable.. and I am keen to see us actually beat them. That would be good. To see us actually beat them in a game that matters.

In fact it will be good to hopefully see us win 4/5 of the next 5 games to really stamp that we are a legit team. If we fail then it shows nothing has changed.
Just to present properly...go pet a bear and see what happens!

ESisback

Reaction score

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
If we beat Seattle, they suck too. Then if we beat Philly? It was a fluke, excuses for Philly, and the Eagles will win in the playoffs. If we win in the playoffs, dominate the SB, but lose by a point on a last second fluke play, it’ll be “Ha ha, told you, they suck!”

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Meanwhile the Eagles rolled through a cupcake schedule last year and got to the Super Bowl. And how are they doing against the same teams Dallas is beating up on so far?

Common opponents in 2023- Cowboys and Eagles

1 Patriots. Cowboys win 38-3, Eagles win 25-20
2. Commanders. Cowboys win 45-10. Eagles win 34-31 (OT) and 38-31
3. Rams. Cowboys win 43-20, Eagles win 23-14
4. Jets. Cowboys win 30-10, Eagles LOSE 20-14
5. Head to head- Eagles win 28-23 in a game Dallas had 1st and goal at the 6 with 27 seconds left.

Now we can say the Eagles have two quality wins in the Dolphins and Chiefs (the latter another game they could have lost). Dallas has played only two "quality" opponents in the 49ers (blowout loss) and Eagles (should have won).

What am I saying? The 8-3 Cowboys and 9-1 Eagles are super close. In fact we can argue Dallas is better based on what they have done across the entire body of work this season. Yes, they lost at Arizona in week three, but Philly has a similar blemish by somehow losing to the Jets too.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Gives me the irrits when people go on about the reg season doesnt matter.. lets see how they go in playoffs.

Well you have to win in the reg season to GET to the playoffs.. of course the regular season matters !
Exactly. Same argument as "Dak or the Cowboys can't win big games". What's a big game? He and the team have done incredible in several must win games to even GET the Cowboys to the playoffs.

There's always a negative narrative.

StarLord

Reaction score
I totally hear you, but I think you're phrasing this is a slightly negative fashion. Yes, we're only beating bad teams, but I think I'd phrase it.. Dallas is cleaning up the part of it's schedule that it should if it wants to contend. Like, yes we can't win the SB or playoffs the last few years, but we could have potentially lost the SB or playoffs the last 4 weeks.. but we didn't.