Still just beating crappy teams

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
and now that they are 6-5, The Seahawks won't have a winning record either if we beat them.
The matchups favor Dallas big time, but it's interesting to note that the Seahawks have beaten Dallas 4 of the last 5 times they played.

Don't count on a Dallas win, the history isn't good lately....

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
All we can ask for is that the Cowboys dominate those that they should dominate. We only played two good teams, and the Eagles game was a coin toss at the end there. It's not easy to beat two of the best teams in the league at their place.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Aww so now your showing me your just a special guy who decided to attack that rather than the original question about FOOTBALL LOL. You look like an idiot not me air
Yes. I look like an idiot because my opinion is different from yours and you're having trouble expressing your frustration coherently.

Got it.

PS calling someone an idiot is an attack. Laughing at poor use of the English language is entertainment. Big difference

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Nope, stop with the fools gold, I've had enough of that crap- why be happy about a regular season win when the likely outcome end of year is a similar losing result
I mean you're free to stop watching, then they can't make you miserable anymore. Kind of backwards logic people have on this board.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The matchups favor Dallas big time, but it's interesting to note that the Seahawks have beaten Dallas 4 of the last 5 times they played.

Don't count on a Dallas win, the history isn't good lately....
I was commenting on the fact that the Seahawks would be 6-6 if we won, and then be considered to be yet another team not having a winning record. Part of the reason these teams don't have a winning record is that we have contributed to that record. As far a odds go for actually beating them? Yeah history is not on our side, so who knows. Any given Sunday and all that.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yes. I look like an idiot because my opinion is different from yours and you're having trouble expressing your frustration coherently.

Got it.

PS calling someone an idiot is an attack. Laughing at poor use of the English language is entertainment. Big difference
Wrong your opinion wras oseeff subject and had nothing to do with the original post smart guy

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Wrong your opinion wras oseeff subject and had nothing to do with the original post smart guy
It had everything to do with your post.
@Jipper is a respectful and thoughtful poster. He expressed an opinion that you may not agree with, and that's fine. But he expressed it respectfully and thoughtfully. And he's not alone. And your response was to say that you "hate" fans like him

So I decided to have a little fun with you. Had you said "I don't understand why people think this way" or "I disagree because (a,b,c)" then we could have had a legit discussion.

Instead you posted that you "hate" anyone who isn't slugging the Kool aid. I'm not 100% certain but I'm fairly confident that your opinion there "wras oseef subject".

Try legit discussion. I'm happy to engage. Or try to insult me and others and try to beat me in a game of semantics and continue to get frustrated and embarrassed.

I've got time and can accommodate you in either. But I'd rather have a legit discussion. I'll even try first:

Why do you "hate" fans who are cautious based on past results and history?

Loso86

Reaction score
It had everything to do with your post.
@Jipper is a respectful and thoughtful poster. He expressed an opinion that you may not agree with, and that's fine. But he expressed it respectfully and thoughtfully. And he's not alone. And your response was to say that you "hate" fans like him

So I decided to have a little fun with you. Had you said "I don't understand why people think this way" or "I disagree because (a,b,c)" then we could have had a legit discussion.

Instead you posted that you "hate" anyone who isn't slugging the Kool aid. I'm not 100% certain but I'm fairly confident that your opinion there "wras oseef subject".

Try legit discussion. I'm happy to engage. Or try to insult me and others and try to beat me in a game of semantics and continue to get frustrated and embarrassed.

I've got time and can accommodate you in either. But I'd rather have a legit discussion. I'll even try first:

Why do you "hate" fans who are cautious based on past results and history?
I hate fans that are ALWAYS negative. Being cautious is completely different. But I again I could care less of your opinion. If I was a person like you I would attack your English "wras oseef"

bewp7

Reaction score
yeah beating them like alabama vs some d2 team

u dont blow people out every week in nfl with out being really good

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I hate fans that are ALWAYS negative. Being cautious is completely different. But I again I could care less of your opinion. If I was a person like you I would attack your English "wras oseef"
That's just the thing. Jipper isn't always negative. But you said you "hate" fans like him. And you don't even have him categorized correctly. I doubt you've read many of his posts other than the one you responded to.

One more time--it's "COULDN'T" care less. Just for accuracy's sake. When you say you "could" care less, you are implying that you actually care about what I'm saying but are considering not caring as much as you currently do. But for some reason, you just haven't made your mind up yet. At the end of the day, I just would like to be properly insulted for pete's sake. Is that too much to ask?

And as for the part in red/bold--that's classic.
Are you just punking me, or are you honestly totally unaware that I copied and pasted that from your earlier post #247?

But either way--
you're attacking your own words. Not mine. :thumbup:

As for the legit discussion-- @Jipper post got almost 30 likes. So obviously a lot of other fans are playing it close to the vest. Myself included.
If it makes you feel better to "hate" us, good on you I guess. I don't understand the continual optimism when we have no reason to be optimistic based on recent history. But as I said, to each his own.

Loso86

Reaction score
That's just the thing. Jipper isn't always negative. But you said you "hate" fans like him. And you don't even have him categorized correctly. I doubt you've read many of his posts other than the one you responded to.

One more time--it's "COULDN'T" care less. Just for accuracy's sake. When you say you "could" care less, you are implying that you actually care about what I'm saying but are considering not caring as much as you currently do. But for some reason, you just haven't made your mind up yet. At the end of the day, I just would like to be properly insulted for pete's sake. Is that too much to ask?

And as for the part in red/bold--that's classic.
Are you just punking me, or are you honestly totally unaware that I copied and pasted that from your earlier post #247?

But either way--
you're attacking your own words. Not mine. :thumbup:

As for the legit discussion-- @Jipper post got almost 30 likes. So obviously a lot of other fans are playing it close to the vest. Myself included.
If it makes you feel better to "hate" us, good on you I guess. I don't understand the continual optimism when we have no reason to be optimistic based on recent history. But as I said, to each his own.
Hey fella again...I Do Not Care about your responses or opinions! Lol He responded swiftly and quickly and that was its much respect to him but not to you

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
and now that they are 6-5, The Seahawks won't have a winning record either if we beat them.
Maybe that's good in a way. The narrative that we haven't beat anyone will still be in play when we face Philly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think...earlier in the year...it's hard to beat a team with a losing record. 1-2 is a LOT different than 2-7.

And us beating bad teams does contribute to an up-to-date stat. How much did we contribute to them having a losing record?

I think...that playing a team that is 2-7 and making them 2-8...is what we should be talking about.
The real point is are we playing and beating bad teams.

I'm not being rhetorical it's a real question. Totally okay that we are....but if we follow the logic....we're gonna eventually play good and even great teams. Are we ready?

Carson

Reaction score
"A Man With No Plan For His Future Always Returns To His Past."

27 years and counting. When do we stop accepting "whatever"...and plan to WIN?
People act like Dallas was in a video game and edited this schedule lol

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I look this season and ask myself what is something new I’ve learned about this team? What’s new about Dak? What’s new about expectations and the playoffs and the answer is nothing.

We’ve been here before. We’ve been 13-3 before and we’ve had great QB play before and it hasn’t mattered.

The OP is exactly right.

The only difference I see is a much better defense which is a big deal.

Yes it’s nice to win regardless of who we play but if we lose to the Niners or Eagles in the playoffs will we be surprised?

We will be judged on January and if we fold again nobody will ever give us the benefit of the doubt with Dak as QB and just in time for an extension that he shouldn’t get at the expense of keeping the team, especially defensive players together.

If we win great - he deserves it.