Still just beating crappy teams

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah yeah I know Debby downer on Thanksgiving...

Beat the teams on your schedule yeah yeah...I get it.

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
Just keep watching and shhhhh

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People act like Dallas was in a video game and edited this schedule lol
Not sure what your point is...a video game and schedule..what? :huh:

anyway....I get we only play who is on our schedule. BUT, at some point ....We actually DO get to decide who is on our schedule and where we get to play.

When you just win the next game and the next and the next, then in the playoffs....you get to play at home against weaker teams. Just playing at home...we seem to be good at.

But we haven't been very good at deciding that. WE are the weaker team going to the stronger team's house to lose.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
Entering yesterday, NFL teams were a combined

57-0 over the last 25 regular seasons when having a game with:

100+ rushing yards

250+ passing yards

35:00+ TOP

no more than 25 penalty yards no more than 1 turnover

The Commanders did all that yesterday and lost by 35.

Dallas is not just beating crappy teams, they’re beating the crap out of them.

GORICO

Reaction score

But...last 3 games we beat the giants, panthers and Commanders with a combined record of 8-25

Sure we beat the crap out of bad teams but that's about all we did...should we beat Seattle and then the eagles we can talk.

But for now, don't take the cheese, we beat bad teams we lose to good ones...until we do something different
after we lost 9er game i demanded leadership to perma-ban me if i put up a PLAT.....but we will beat Seattle....we will be 9-3 when we play Sheagles Dec 10th...ands then 10-3 after that game...they very well could be 10-3 too....that Chiefs game really chapped my behind

GORICO

Reaction score
Entering yesterday, NFL teams were a combined

57-0 over the last 25 regular seasons when having a game with:

100+ rushing yards

250+ passing yards

35:00+ TOP

no more than 25 penalty yards no more than 1 turnover

The Commanders did all that yesterday and lost by 35.

Dallas is not just beating crappy teams, they’re beating the crap out of them.
very head's up stat

GORICO

Reaction score
Nope, stop with the fools gold, I've had enough of that crap- why be happy about a regular season win when the likely outcome end of year is a similar losing result
Jipper---dang....good username...i do feel a little Jipped after reading your post...we both hope you are not right....you know how many times i have had

my heart ripped out???...cost a lot of money to have heart put back into your chest....several times....i am 65....maybe this year it is "damn the torpedos

full steam ahead"?.....if we dont make it to Champ game at least with a good showing or win....i might give up on Cowboys???...wait i have said that

for last 20 years??....its not my fault...when they finally open a Cowboy Annonymous group....what can i do??

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Next few games will be the test. I do like that they are mauling the bad teams. These games are total blowouts.

zeke21

Reaction score
It is a valid point and one I posted in another thread. yes we are absolutely smashing weak teams.. but no mistake they are weak teams.

So far we have beaten teams with a combined 25-60 record, which could be expressed as an average winning % of 29.4%.

Compare that to the Eagles who have won against teams with a combined 47-50 record, or average winning % of 52.2%.

We have not beaten a team with more than 4 wins.

So you can celebrate the wins (I know I have) and enjoy the energy around this group but until they actual prove they can do this against top sides then I will remain unconvinced anything has changed. We haven't even been playing middle of the road teams.. as the above stat shows.. we have been playing below average teams. We have not beaten a single team that is considered a likely play off team.. not even a wild card spot! I mean seriously... not one win against a team that is still considered in the realistic hunt for a playoff spot.

And some fans are carrying on like we've won the superbowl.. talk about drinking the bath water.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We have not beaten a team with more than 4 wins.
This is revisionist history. As it happened, the Jets were 1-0. I know your head just goes 'but the Jets suck' but by that point you have invalidated your whole argument about 4 wins when we have now played 11.

Nevermind that part of their current win/loss total comes from losing to us and in one case twice.

SF has our number to this point. But that Eagles team is very beatable. I really like our chances at home.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
The crux is this, Dallas are treating these bad teams to Alabama versus Florida A&M level beat downs. Performing two tiers above them to Eagle/9er status. Still remains to be seen if Dallas can beat either, but I’d give them a 50% shot of doing so and will just enjoy the ride.

Steve007

Reaction score

Yes the Cowboys are beating bad teams and everyone acts like they are unstoppable. How they do against the better teams and in the playoffs is matters.