Still Mocking...5.0

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Man, have the needs of this team ever changed. Means my Mock Draft has to as well. Some things will remain the same, but I feel better that Ron Brace may be gone because Ratliff is the NT for sure after today. I still want Duke Robinson more than any pick, but he won't be there. I think WRs will be value at where we pick, so...

Cowboys 2nd round pick. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina, 6'1", 212. A true #2 WR, who has good hands and will move the chains. A true compliment to Roy Williams. Another option might be Percy Harvin of Florida.

3rd round pick from Cleveland. Derry Beckwith, ILB, LSU, 6'0", 242. The Cowboys are very high on him. This means I have dropped my pet cat Daniel Holtzclaw. Yes, it hurt. It would mean that down the road we have LSU Tigers side by side at ILB. Beckwith is a tackling machine who is smart.

4th from round Detroit. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond, 6'2", 265. This guy is from a small school but is all about production. 6.5 sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss. He never stops coming for the ball. His only negative is the small school, but don't let that stop anyone. I cannot stop thinking he is a steal.

Cowboys 4th round pick. Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson, 6'2", 215. 91 tackles, 6 INTs, 7 Pass Breakups. Hamlins side by side at Safety tandem? It could happen.

Cowboys 5th round pick. Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State, 6'2", 218. It is time to develop some QB depth. A good 3rd string QB who could develop for the future. Talent is not a question. Accepted money from a booster and got expelled. No boosters in the NFL. He is the QB I think best fits our system and has a chance to progress.

5th round pick from Tennessee. Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona, 5'9", 187. A 2nd WR? Actually, a big time Punt Return threat who also has guts. Isn't afraid to go over the middle. Not likely to be a star, but can develop into a 3rd WR in the slot. We need to fill that spot. This kid can develop and will push Crayton. A leader.

Compensatory 5th round pick. Louis Vazquez, OG, Texas Tech, 6'5", 333. When you think strong, this is the guy. 39 reps of 225 at the Combine. Played is passing Offense. Could develop into a steal.

6th round pick from Miami. DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati, 5'11", 194. 9 pass breakups in 2008. 5 INTs. Provides some depth. Value pick.

Compensatory 6th round pick. Myron Pryor, NT, Kentucky, 6'0", 319. This is a Chris Canty-like steal. If it weren't for injuries he could be a day 1 pick. Depth who can develop. 11 TFL, 4.5 sacks.

7th round pick from Detroit. Ryan Delrosal, OT, Dixie State, 6'5", 313. Heck of an athlete. Would you believe a sub 5.00 time in the 40 for a man that big? He did it and is strong too. A project, but good depth.

Cowboys 7th round pick. Dallas Reynolds, C, BYU, 6'5", 328. Depth across OL is needed badly. Don't even try to argue with me about his name. Fits this team. He is versatile. Can play all 5 OL positions.

Cuss it and discuss it.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
You guys really have some nice mocks. Nicks stock is shooting through the roof so I doubt if he lasts this long but if he does I would be estactic if we land him. Solid draft all around. Im a big Beckwith fan and he and Sidbury would be nice addition to our lber core. This reminds me of the Steelers. They seem to take a lber every other year. A couple of years ago they took two back to back(Timmons, Woodley). I like that kind of drafting especially if your running a 3-4.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
You dropped Holtzclaw from your Mock? I don't like the Hamlin pick but everything else is solid.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2676907 said:
You dropped Holtzclaw from your Mock? I don't like the Hamlin pick but everything else is solid.
It killed me to. He is my pet cat along with Bomar.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2676949 said:

I think they both will be good at the next level..if some way we could get holtzclaw I'd be ecstatic.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2676949 said:

I'm seeing Daniel going in the 7th round or UFA in alot of places. I don't even think he was invited to the combine which could heavily hurt his stock. He's still got Pro-day, so we'll see. He could actually get picked up with that Lions 7th rounder we have.

irishwaste

Reaction score
One of my good friends played with Sidbury at Richmond the last 2 years. He's been telling me for a while this guy is gonna be a terror. I'd love to see him in big D.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I always enjoy your mocks Hos, we were thinking along the same lines. I wanted to put Beckwith in the 3rd as well, but went SS instead, wouldn't mind at all seeing two Tigers playing side by side.

I like Louis Vazquez as well, I really do think he could be a steal.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't think Mike Thomas can play WR because his hands and route running looked very questionable in the combine drills.

I'd take Quan Cosby over him as the same type waterbug guy but with far superior hands.

All in all not a bad draft but I can't see Jerry going WR in round 2 after paying what he did for RW.

I'd say late 3rd is earliest he'd snag a WR.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
TheCount;2677009 said:
I always enjoy your mocks Hos, we were thinking along the same lines. I wanted to put Beckwith in the 3rd as well, but went SS instead, wouldn't mind at all seeing two Tigers playing side by side.

I like Louis Vazquez as well, I really do think he could be a steal.

the thing with Vazques is can he run block. I am a TTU homer but there isn't much run blocking and the splits are superwide so it is generally just push blocking. all that said he is as strong as a bull and can obviously pass protect.

Beckwith is one of my fave ILB's as well.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I don't see Percy Harvin lasting that long in the 2nd. I think someone will take him a little earlier than that. I don't think he's a first rounder, but I could see someone taking him in the first 10 picks of the second round.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
jterrell;2677018 said:
the thing with Vazques is can he run block. I am a TTU homer but there isn't much run blocking and the splits are superwide so it is generally just push blocking. all that said he is as strong as a bull and can obviously pass protect.

Beckwith is one of my fave ILB's as well.

Yeah, I noted that in my mock. He didn't do much combo blocking either. He won't be under any pressure to start and the pick isn't too high either though, so I think it's worth the shot.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Hostile;2676808 said:
Man, have the needs of this team ever changed. Means my Mock Draft has to as well. Some things will remain the same, but I feel better that Ron Brace may be gone because Ratliff is the NT for sure after today. I still want Duke Robinson more than any pick, but he won't be there. I think WRs will be value at where we pick, so...

Cowboys 2nd round pick. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina, 6'1", 212. A true #2 WR, who has good hands and will move the chains. A true compliment to Roy Williams. Another option might be Percy Harvin of Florida.

3rd round pick from Cleveland. Derry Beckwith, ILB, LSU, 6'0", 242. The Cowboys are very high on him. This means I have dropped my pet cat Daniel Holtzclaw. Yes, it hurt. It would mean that down the road we have LSU Tigers side by side at ILB. Beckwith is a tackling machine who is smart.

4th from round Detroit. Lawrence Sidbury, DE/OLB, Richmond, 6'2", 265. This guy is from a small school but is all about production. 6.5 sacks and 14.5 tackles for loss. He never stops coming for the ball. His only negative is the small school, but don't let that stop anyone. I cannot stop thinking he is a steal.

Cowboys 4th round pick. Michael Hamlin, SS, Clemson, 6'2", 215. 91 tackles, 6 INTs, 7 Pass Breakups. Hamlins side by side at Safety tandem? It could happen.

Cowboys 5th round pick. Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State, 6'2", 218. It is time to develop some QB depth. A good 3rd string QB who could develop for the future. Talent is not a question. Accepted money from a booster and got expelled. No boosters in the NFL. He is the QB I think best fits our system and has a chance to progress.

5th round pick from Tennessee. Mike Thomas, WR, Arizona, 5'9", 187. A 2nd WR? Actually, a big time Punt Return threat who also has guts. Isn't afraid to go over the middle. Not likely to be a star, but can develop into a 3rd WR in the slot. We need to fill that spot. This kid can develop and will push Crayton. A leader.

Compensatory 5th round pick. Louis Vazquez, OG, Texas Tech, 6'5", 333. When you think strong, this is the guy. 39 reps of 225 at the Combine. Played is passing Offense. Could develop into a steal.

6th round pick from Miami. DeAngelo Smith, CB, Cincinnati, 5'11", 194. 9 pass breakups in 2008. 5 INTs. Provides some depth. Value pick.

Compensatory 6th round pick. Myron Pryor, NT, Kentucky, 6'0", 319. This is a Chris Canty-like steal. If it weren't for injuries he could be a day 1 pick. Depth who can develop. 11 TFL, 4.5 sacks.

7th round pick from Detroit. Ryan Delrosal, OT, Dixie State, 6'5", 313. Heck of an athlete. Would you believe a sub 5.00 time in the 40 for a man that big? He did it and is strong too. A project, but good depth.

Cowboys 7th round pick. Dallas Reynolds, C, BYU, 6'5", 328. Depth across OL is needed badly. Don't even try to argue with me about his name. Fits this team. He is versatile. Can play all 5 OL positions.

Cuss it and discuss it.

I would be doing backflips!!!

BigBoy63

Reaction score
I love this mock, especially hamlin in the fourth and nicks in the 2nd

Woods

Reaction score
Very nice mock, Hos.

But I'm still torn at the Safety position.

We just don't have much there, in spite of Scandrick's new role.

I guess the question is who would potentially be better at 51, Nicks or Chung, for example?

We could, of course, re-sign Burnett, and trade up with our 3rd rounder and get both. :)

Rush 2112

Reaction score
I think we are enamored with Beckwith but I have no idea why.

Tackling machine..............

I would disagree with that.

And pretty much a average to mediocre athlete for the position.

4.75 40 and lacks any explosion with a 26 vert (unless that's a typo).

Herman Johnson jumped 21.

Hope I'm wrong cuz I think they want him.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Good late round picks. I don't see Harvin slipping though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Avery;2677838 said:
Good late round picks. I don't see Harvin slipping though.
I have Crabtree and Maclin in the 1st round.

I then had a run on WR in the 2nd and it included Darius Heyward-Bey, Brian Robiskie, Kenny Britt, & Percy Harvin.

Which is why Hakeen Nicks was there. Harvin was the WR I had ahead of Nicks, which is why I mentioned him. It could easily be Robiskie or Britt.

I like Nicks or Harvin though. I'd take either one gladly.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2679783 said:
I have Crabtree and Maclin in the 1st round.

I then had a run on WR in the 2nd and it included Darius Heyward-Bey, Brian Robiskie, Kenny Britt, & Percy Harvin.

Which is why Hakeen Nicks was there. Harvin was the WR I had ahead of Nicks, which is why I mentioned him. It could easily be Robiskie or Britt.

I like Nicks or Harvin though. I'd take either one gladly.

I think Britt and Nicks are the first WR's taken. Nicks most likely with the Giants and Britt to the Raiders in the 2nd

Can you imagine Harvin and Felix on the same field..:eek: