Still need a boss DT

Sandyf

Reaction score
IMO, if we obtain a good DT such as Ford, Robinson, or Hankins we will be a good defensive line.

But if we could get a game changing DT then we become most likely the best defense in the league.

In the draft, that would be Jalen Carter and unless Jerry is going to trade two 1st then it ain't going to happen.

But rumors persist that Titans are quietly looking to move Jeffery Simmons so they will not have to pony up what could be highest DT contract except for Aaron Donald. Supposedly according to New York radio hosts, then Quinnen Williams DT could also be traded once Aaron Rodgers is acquired.

Would Jerry do a trade for either knowing Simmons will probably get a new contract that averages $22 million a year. Williams will be in the same neighborhood.

I would live it but with Lamb, Parsons and Diggs contracts coming up, highly unlikely but we did that defense would be a great defense.

conner01

Reaction score
They aren’t giving multiple premium picks for a player you then have to pay 20 mil or more to keep. And they shouldnt
This isn’t a go for broke season then break up the team. You’d have a really hard time paying him a big contract and keeping your own star players

Verdict

Reaction score
They aren’t giving multiple premium picks for a player you then have to pay 20 mil or more to keep. And they shouldnt
This isn’t a go for broke season then break up the team. You’d have a really hard time paying him a big contract and keeping your own star players
If you could get an A. Donald type player in his prime (or anything close to that) you flip Diggs for picks and bring in the DT and go fishing for a corner in the draft.

Kwyn

Reaction score
IMO, if we obtain a good DT such as Ford, Robinson, or Hankins we will be a good defensive line.

But if we could get a game changing DT then we become most likely the best defense in the league.

In the draft, that would be Jalen Carter and unless Jerry is going to trade two 1st then it ain't going to happen.

But rumors persist that Titans are quietly looking to move Jeffery Simmons so they will not have to pony up what could be highest DT contract except for Aaron Donald. Supposedly according to New York radio hosts, then Quinnen Williams DT could also be traded once Aaron Rodgers is acquired.

Would Jerry do a trade for either knowing Simmons will probably get a new contract that averages $22 million a year. Williams will be in the same neighborhood.

I would live it but with Lamb, Parsons and Diggs contracts coming up, highly unlikely but we did that defense would be a great defense.
Ok. Haven’t seen this mentioned

Just fyi, as soon as the ridiculous Simmons thread was posted, they only like three teams could even make happen, I said that we were due for a week or Simmons “*** is wrong with our front off ie” threads.

Like a few hours ago.

And here we are.

Anyway,
I’m on board! Bring in Simmons and Mahomes and Justin Jefferson!

I’m not, are we really all in?

Screw Jerry!

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
What has me howling about this offseason at DT is that the Cowboys, themselves, admitted they needed help at DT last year when they went out and acquired Hankins later in the year. So it would have seemed that was a sign the front office knew they needed help at DT.

And yet, here we are with the Cowboys showing zero sense of urgency for the position and as it stands right now, save for a probably a mid round pick and maybe some bargain bin FA signing, they are gonna run it back with the same kind of DT rotation.

It's simply mindnumbing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Siaki Ika (Baylor). If the Scouts see big upside in this kid and he can play about 20 pounds lighter, could be worth a 2nd round pick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What has me howling about this offseason at DT is that the Cowboys, themselves, admitted they needed help at DT last year when they went out and acquired Hankins later in the year. So it would have seemed that was a sign the front office knew they needed help at DT.

And yet, here we are with the Cowboys showing zero sense of urgency for the position and as it stands right now, save for a probably a mid round pick and maybe some bargain bin FA signing, they are gonna run it back with the same kind of DT rotation.

It's simply mindnumbing.
I think they draft someone…and pick a vet off the street. I’d hold my breathe expecting a big name there.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think they draft someone…and pick a vet off the street. I’d hold my breathe expecting a big name there.
And what if the DTs they like aren't available in the draft?

This is why this front office is so frustrating. Go out and get Poona Ford. It's some insurance for you heading into the draft in case the DT(s) you like aren't there.

It's clear they think CB and RB and WR are more important.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Well they’re working on Hankins and we don’t know what they’re gonna do in the draft. I don’t get frustrated until the season begins

Landryhat73

Reaction score
CBS sports has a article about draft day trade candidates:
List Grover Stewart as a possibility for Dallas - cost is over $9 million and he will be a free agent next year but maybe something can be workout like with Brandin Cooks contract.