Still need a boss DT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well they’re working on Hankins and we don’t know what they’re gonna do in the draft. I don’t get frustrated until the season begins
maybe wait until after the bulk of the season is played to make judgemnts ..see how the coaches and players progeess, gelp, and what the teams accompaushed at that pojt, the preseason pre draft pre game 1 expectations and all this noise is wasted energy, it how they play together as a team, and the team record and post season success.. most of these posts are so early they were outodated after reply was hit.

it's the same nonsense we heard last off season all the historically bad offseason worst of all time doom and gloom all the way to the 2nd round of the playoffs. yet, here we are again claiming not enough being done in MARCH!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
One of our top two picks will be a DT, book it.
not if they are reaches, you want another taco or hill to just because the position of need is filled?? its why you wait post draft to finish adding to your FA roster building.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Just follow the RB philosophy on the board....

dont overpay for a DT.

Just draft one.

There are tons of them to be found in the draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And what if the DTs they like aren't available in the draft?

This is why this front office is so frustrating. Go out and get Poona Ford. It's some insurance for you heading into the draft in case the DT(s) you like aren't there.

It's clear they think CB and RB and WR are more important.
I can’t speak on Poona I honestly never watched him play but is he good or simply better than what we have?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
not if they are reaches, you want another taco or hill to just because the position of need is filled?? its why you wait post draft to finish adding to your FA roster building.
Is it possible to find a reach there though? Ika and Mazi are late first and second round guys…..if they simply take the best DT available they will be in a great position to get one of these guys.

Sydla

Reaction score
Just follow the RB philosophy on the board....

dont overpay for a DT.

Just draft one.

There are tons of them to be found in the draft.
DT is a more important position than TB. It's easier to find competent TBs than DTs.

At what point will you get over your bitterness that Zeke was sent packing?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is it possible to find a reach there though? Ika and Mazi are late first and second round guys…..if they simply take the best DT available they will be in a great position to get one of these guys.
potentials with draft grades doesn't = nfl transitional success.. one could hope.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
At best, they will re-sign Hankins and possibly add a DT in the draft.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’d guess they will add a vet DT at some point.

But who exactly is out there that would move the needle much?

Sure, a Hankins would help, but the only real and somewhat plausible shot at an impact DT, not another body, would have to be someone like Mazi who slips to 26.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It’s also possible that Hankins told them he would sign, but prefers to do so after camp, and wants a ton more money to sign now.

A guy his size…veteran…I wouldn’t blame him knowing worst case is a contender calls with a couple million in October.

Not ideal for the team, but supply vs demand allows a guy like Hankins to do that is he wishes.

He looks like the ideal fit (based on what’s known to be available), but it may not be about Stephen pinching pennies on this one.

conner01

Reaction score
If you could get an A. Donald type player in his prime (or anything close to that) you flip Diggs for picks and bring in the DT and go fishing for a corner in the draft.
If you got a HOF player in his prime I would agree. Those are really hard to get though
There is no Aaron Donald we could get though

conner01

Reaction score
I’d guess they will add a vet DT at some point.

But who exactly is out there that would move the needle much?

Sure, a Hankins would help, but the only real and somewhat plausible shot at an impact DT, not another body, would have to be someone like Mazi who slips to 26.
This won’t be a popular opinion but I wouldn’t take Mazi at 26. He’s great against the run but brings very little against the pass which means he’d be switched out for a rusher and not get but maybe 30-35% of snaps. Stuffing the run is great but doesn’t impact the game as much as impacting the passing game does

gtb1943

Reaction score
This won’t be a popular opinion but I wouldn’t take Mazi at 26. He’s great against the run but brings very little against the pass which means he’d be switched out for a rusher and not get but maybe 30-35% of snaps. Stuffing the run is great but doesn’t impact the game as much as impacting the passing game does
Someone has not been paying attention to things.

We have been weak up the middle for too long.

This obsession with pass rush is just plain dumb. You get a real fireplug type that can push up the middle; that is more effective many times then edge rushing

What to look for is a fairly short powerful guy. Stuffs the run and forces the OL to double team him because he is so strong. A very short powerful guy can get under the taller O line players and put them on skates. Just because someone does not have loads of sacks does not mean they are worthless like you seem to think