Still Not Convinced

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So why all the anger and complaining?
:huh:

I hate this time of year. Its the most annoying for me. All you hear out of TC is this guy looks good in shorts, bla bla bla. And all the homers are predicting outlandish wild statements because they think EVERYTHING will go right. Beat writers finally see ONE good play. i.e. Taco finally beating someone and they write an entire article on how he will be the breakout player this year. Then all of a sudden it turns into some nonsense that he has been killing it all training camp. Then the season comes around and maybe 20% of this nonsense comes true.

I find myself running around responding to these wild statements. Cant help it I guess. :grin:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate this time of year. Its the most annoying for me. All you hear out of TC is this guy looks good in shorts, bla bla bla. And all the homers are predicting outlandish wild statements because they think EVERYTHING will go right. Beat writers finally see ONE good play. i.e. Taco finally beating someone and they write an entire article on how he will be the breakout player this year. Then all of a sudden it turns into some nonsense that he has been killing it all training camp. Then the season comes around and maybe 20% of this nonsense comes true.

I find myself running around responding to these wild statements. Cant help it I guess. :grin:

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I can understand it better now. Then I definitely recommend staying away from Blogging the Boys and those other fan sites. The fluff is nauseating.

I think I'm the opposite. Now is when I sip some kool aid and raise my expectations.

And I get miserable when those expectations go unfulfilled when the games count!
:laugh:

I can already see myself going off the deep end if this team manages to lose to Cam Newton week one.
:angry:

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, I was going to ask you why you even pay attention to those. This place is much better w/ an almost complete focus on those that know their stuff. Since joining the Cowboys boards around 06, I've learned a ton. You will always have the blablablahers, just ignore them, or maybe have a little fun w/ them.

I love this time of year because football is starting and I'm ecstatic w/ any and all news and reports!!!!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah, I was going to ask you why you even pay attention to those. This place is much better w/ an almost complete focus on those that know their stuff. Since joining the Cowboys boards around 06, I've learned a ton. You will always have the blablablahers, just ignore them, or maybe have a little fun w/ them.

I love this time of year because football is starting and I'm ecstatic w/ any and all news and reports!!!!!

I'm just happy that at this point they still have a chance at a SB win..

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm done trying to educate you. Go do your homework before spouting off about things you obviously don't know. Come back to me when you've finally figured out that Wilson and Hitchens don't play the same positions. And that Wilson isn't "replacing" anybody.
By the way Wilson won't be the starter going into week 1 anyways. He is a veteran on the team so guys like Leighton and Thomas have to "earn" the starting spot. In my opinion if Wilson don't make plays in preseason he is likely to be passed by. With Covington, Lillard and Queiro it's possible Wilson don't even make the team.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You misunderstood buddy. My point was that his talent is being replaced in the starting lineup, not the actual same position. Going into THIS season, Wilson is starting because Hitchens is NOT here. If Hitchens was here, then the 3 starting linebackers would be Lee, Smith, Hitchens. That was my point and nothing else.

Im not focusing on position with my point, simply the 3 starters.
That's just a depth chart for week 1 preseason, perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think Wilson will be a starter come week 1 in the regular season against Carolina.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the way Wilson won't be the starter going into week 1 anyways. He is a veteran on the team so guys like Leighton and Thomas have to "earn" the starting spot. In my opinion if Wilson don't make plays in preseason he is likely to be passed by. With Covington, Lillard and Queiro it's possible Wilson don't even make the team.

That is a possibility. I wouldn't consider Wilson a "lock" like some might.

But I'll have to hear and see about Covington and others making plays to force him off. Thus far, I haven't.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the explanation. I can understand it better now. Then I definitely recommend staying away from Blogging the Boys and those other fan sites. The fluff is nauseating.

I think I'm the opposite. Now is when I sip some kool aid and raise my expectations.

And I get miserable when those expectations go unfulfilled when the games count!
:laugh:

I can already see myself going off the deep end if this team manages to lose to Cam Newton week one.
:angry:

I should probably stay away during this time of the year. But there is NO SPORTs right now.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That is a possibility. I wouldn't consider Wilson a "lock" like some might.

But I'll have to hear and see about Covington and others making plays to force him off. Thus far, I haven't.
Quiero has had turnovers and Covington has been pretty decent in the run game. We will know more as preseason goes on but both those guys are rookies

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's just a depth chart for week 1 preseason, perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think Wilson will be a starter come week 1 in the regular season against Carolina.

A little confusing the way the Cowboys do their linebackers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quiero has had turnovers and Covington has been pretty decent in the run game. We will know more as preseason goes on but both those guys are rookies

I think the opportunity is there for someone to step up. Wilson has never developed into a star or difference maker, and I honestly thought he was don enough here last year after his off field incident.

And he may be in a contract year as well (not sure) and I think that is something else that might contribute in his being replaced.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think the opportunity is there for someone to step up. Wilson has never developed into a star or difference maker, and I honestly thought he was don enough here last year after his off field incident.

And he may be in a contract year as well (not sure) and I think that is something else that might contribute in his being replaced.
Didn't even think about his contract, great point