Still Not Convinced

kskboys

Reaction score
He's a successful coordinator who coached the Legion of Boom. What more do you personally need to see?
Why did SEA dump him? Why did he take a downgrade?

Coaching the best FS, SS, and top 5 CB along w/ the deepest DLine rotation and best MLB in the game sort of makes your job a bit easier, wouldn't you say?

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping this cat can do it, esp concerning the DLine.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, but Collins is already suiting up and it's a matter of days until his return. And besides, you're not a fan of his anyway. Why is his not being on the field right now a big loss for you?

Why? He's the same guy from last year. And he's going to be playing very little anyway.

What "reality" is this? Certainly not the playmaking variety. Scandrick was a slot corner with hands of stone. He couldn't catch a football if you handed it to him. Are you really mourning his loss?

Don’t know when he will be back. And if he will be rusty or himself ever again. You can speculate.

Lol....did U forget we lost a starter in fa? He was starting over Wilson. Downgrade is a fact.

Scandric I’m not sweating. Just pointing out a fact. Best corner is gone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Best corner for years but not last year. 2 rookies out performed him and Jones has been locking down receivers left and right so far.

As far as DT Irving was suspended last year and Collins was hurt. You can't downgrade from that
Lol.....sure they were. Lol. Locking down everyone right? Was that in the half rookie season they played.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why did SEA dump him?

Why has Seattle made any of the number of bad decision saying they've recently made?

Why did he take a downgrade?

Highest profile team in the league, already using the same system. Coordinator job opening up soon.

Coaching the best FS, SS, and top 5 CB along w/ the deepest DLine rotation and best MLB in the game sort of makes your job a bit easier, wouldn't you say?

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping this cat can do it, esp concerning the DLine.

Does he get any credit for developing that "best FS, SS and CB?" To my knowledge, only one of them was a first round draft pick.

Kris Richard is one of the areas of this team I have the most confidence in.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t know when he will be back. And if he will be rusty or himself ever again. You can speculate.

I just let you know. He's already been working out in pads. It's a matter of days. Likely when they get back to practice after the SF game.

Lol....did U forget we lost a starter in fa? He was starting over Wilson. Downgrade is a fact.

If your referring to Hitchens, I don't think he was "starting" at strongside linebacker over Wilson.

Scandric I’m not sweating. Just pointing out a fact. Best corner is gone.

He's not the "best corner". Not by a long shot. He was surpassed by not one, not two, but three guys. And then he was sent packing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why has Seattle made any of the number of bad decision saying they've recently made?

Highest profile team in the league, already using the same system. Coordinator job opening up soon.

Does he get any credit for developing that "best FS, SS and CB?" To my knowledge, only one of them was a first round draft pick.

Kris Richard is one of the areas of this team I have the most confidence in.
Don't know.

Not really, Earl, Kam, and Shermouth came ready to play. There was really no development necessary.

Hey, I'm not doggin' the guy, I'm only saying I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Sandrick was our best corner back in 13 and 14. He hasn't been the same since his knee injury in 15. It was time to move on.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't know.

Not really, Earl, Kam, and Shermouth came ready to play. There was really no development necessary.

Kris Richard was the coach that got them ready. He deserves the credit for that. Chancellor and Sherman were unknown, midround draft picks before they worked with Richard.

Hey, I'm not doggin' the guy, I'm only saying I don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fine, I'm just giving you his credentials and track record to help you to feel better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sandrick was our best corner back in 13 and 14. He hasn't been the same since his knee injury in 15. It was time to move on.

And every other year, the malcontent was coming back to the pay window looking for a raise. I was never a big fan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I just let you know. He's already been working out in pads. It's a matter of days. Likely when they get back to practice after the SF game.

If your referring to Hitchens, I don't think he was "starting" at strongside linebacker over Wilson.

He's not the "best corner". Not by a long shot. He was surpassed by not one, not two, but three guys. And then he was sent packing.

No, your just speculating. Like Gregory, they may hold him out. Why mess with the guy? And like I said, he could break his foot again or never be the same guy. How about we let him practice and see him in preseason before you declare him back to normal.

And yah, Hitchens was starting. If you dont even know that fact then theres no point having a conversation. So who was the best corner last year? LOL And who is the guy replacing him that is better than him? Jones the bust? Thompson? The 2nd year 3rd round pick that cant even beat out Thomas?

NO doubt last year you were telling me how great Scandrick is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, your just speculating. Like Gregory, they may hold him out. Why mess with the guy? And like I said, he could break his foot again or never be the same guy. How about we let him practice and see him in preseason before you declare him back to normal.

Ok. As long as you give up lamenting the potential loss of a guy you didn’t like anyway. If he’s not that good he can’t be a big loss.

And yah, Hitchens was starting. If you dont even know that fact then theres no point having a conversation.

You’ll have to show me where was “starting” at strong side linebacker over Wilson.

So who was the best corner last year? LOL And who is the guy replacing him that is better than him? Jones the bust? Thompson? The 2nd year 3rd round pick that cant even beat out Thomas?

NO doubt last year you were telling me how great Scandrick is.

Awuzie snd Lewis passed him by last year and Jones joined them this year.

And then our “best corner” was cut.

Looks to me like you’re complaining to complain. And lamenting the”loss” of guys you criticized while they were here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok. As long as you give up lamenting the potential loss of a guy you didn’t like anyway. If he’s not that good he can’t be a big loss.

You’ll have to show me where was “starting” at strong side linebacker over Wilson.

Looks to me like you’re complaining to complain. And lamenting the”loss” of guys you criticized while they were here.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HitcAn00.htm

Maybe you didnt watch last season at LBer. Or you didnt pay attention. You do remember Lee going down at least correct?

Im just stating the facts. Which you seem to have real trouble with.

Hitchens started all 16 games in 2016 and the 12 games he was active in 2017. so basically every game he was healthy over the last two years.

Maybe you were watching another team? Do you even know who Anthony Hitchens is. Know that we wanted to keep him, but knew he would get a big contract elsewhere? From KC actually. No?

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

All Im saying with the secondary is that all this talk about talent and potential is really just talk. These kids havent proven anything yet. And lets not forget that Jones has been a bust and Heath is a backup thats starting for now.

I think they will improve because most are young and growing and they have a REAL coach now.

My issue is with guys, like the one I started arguing with claiming that we have all kinds of talent in the secondary and they are ready to be all world.

I feel the need to rain some reality on the subject. And no I am not mourning the loss of Hitchens or Scandrick. I was drooling over the prospect of Lee, Smith, V. But the reality is that V wont be ready for a good portion of this year. Going into next season he should be ready to make a big jump.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HitcAn00.htm

Maybe you didnt watch last season at LBer. Or you didnt pay attention. You do remember Lee going down at least correct?

Im just stating the facts. Which you seem to have real trouble with.

Hitchens started all 16 games in 2016 and the 12 games he was active in 2017. so basically every game he was healthy over the last two years.

Maybe you were watching another team? Do you even know who Anthony Hitchens is. Know that we wanted to keep him, but knew he would get a big contract elsewhere? From KC actually. No?

Take note of what you yourself posted and tell me where it says SLB (strong side linebacker) next to Hitchens name?

It doesn't. Because he didn't play there as you claimed. He lined up at middle and at weakside when Lee was out. Not in front of Wilson as you keep claiming.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All Im saying with the secondary is that all this talk about talent and potential is really just talk. These kids havent proven anything yet. And lets not forget that Jones has been a bust and Heath is a backup thats starting for now.

There's not much else that they or anyone can prove right now other than playing well in practice, which by all reports they have.

I think they will improve because most are young and growing and they have a REAL coach now.

Then it sounds like we agree.

My issue is with guys, like the one I started arguing with claiming that we have all kinds of talent in the secondary and they are ready to be all world.

I feel the need to rain some reality on the subject. And no I am not mourning the loss of Hitchens or Scandrick. I was drooling over the prospect of Lee, Smith, V. But the reality is that V wont be ready for a good portion of this year. Going into next season he should be ready to make a big jump.

Well it almost sounds like you're at the opposite extreme. The other guy thinks they're "all world" and you seem to think "they suck". I think the truth lies in between.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lol.....sure they were. Lol. Locking down everyone right? Was that in the half rookie season they played.
Guess you missed it but Lewis only missed the first game. The Denver game he came in and got an interception. Now Awuzie didn't play most of the year but what does that say when a rookie who missed almost half the season comes in and out performs Scandrick. You're looking at Scandrick for his total career, last season he wasn't good at all. Make up anything you want but the facts remain

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Take note of what you yourself posted and tell me where it says SLB (strong side linebacker) next to Hitchens name?

It doesn't. Because he didn't play there as you claimed. He lined up at middle and at weakside when Lee was out. Not in front of Wilson as you keep claiming.

I guess you need to change the angle when you lose an argument. LOL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess you need to change the angle when you lose an argument. LOL

What was "changed"? Oh yeah, nothing.

You're the guy that tried and failed to make the case that Wilson is replacing Hitchens. That's false. Deal with your mistake.

You're reaching to ***** about something and now you've gotten so desperate that you're reduced to lamenting the losses of Collins from training camp, Hitchens who was a "JAG" when he was here, and the "great Orlando Scandrick".

I'm not the guy "losing" anything here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What was "changed"? Oh yeah, nothing.

You're the guy that tried and failed to make the case that Wilson is replacing Hitchens. That's false. Deal with your mistake.

You're reaching to ***** about something and now you've gotten so desperate that you're reduced to lamenting the losses of Collins from training camp, Hitchens who was a "JAG" when he was here, and the "great Orlando Scandrick".

I'm not the guy "losing" anything here.

You tried to change the angle from starter, to actually replacing the specific position of strongside linebacker. How many games did Wilson start buddy? Just face the facts..........you got embarrassed here. You didnt even know that Hitchens was a starter.

So let me ask you a simple question..........Who is Wilson replacing in the starting lineup from last year?

umm......ummmmm.....ummmmm......ummm........