Still Not Convinced

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You tried to change the angle from starter, to actually replacing the specific position of strongside linebacker. How many games did Wilson start buddy? Just face the facts..........you got embarrassed here. You didnt even know that Hitchens was a starter.

Again bud, it is you that contended that Wilson was replacing Hitchens, which is completely inaccurate. False. Not correct.

So let me ask you a simple question..........Who is Wilson replacing in the starting lineup from last year?

umm......ummmmm.....ummmmm......ummm........

He's not replacing anybody genius! He's playing exactly the same strongside linebacker role that he played last year. The one that Anthony Hitchens didn't!

Amazing that you're oblivious to this fact and have the nerve to think anyone else other than you is being "embarrassed".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again bud, it is you that contended that Wilson was replacing Hitchens, which is completely inaccurate. False. Not correct.

He's not replacing anybody genius! He's playing exactly the same strongside linebacker role that he played last year. The one that Anthony Hitchens didn't!

Amazing that you're oblivious to this fact and have the nerve to think anyone else other than you is being "embarrassed".

Ok buddy so you should be able to answer my question easily. LOL

Who is Wilson replacing in the starting lineup this year?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok buddy so you should be able to answer my question easily. LOL

Who is Wilson replacing in the starting lineup this year?

He's not "replacing" anybody! How difficult is this for you to understand? He and Hitchens did not play the same linebacker position, so your attempts to connect them in order to find something else to complain about is a big, fat, fail.

The middle and weakside linebacker roles were manned by the combination of Lee, Hitchens, and Jaylon Smith. Damien Wilson plays strongside linebacker and was not involved.

You efforts to connect Wilson to Hitchens have failed and the only thing you've succeeded in doing was showing that you didn't know what you were talking about in your rush to complain about something and anything.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's not "replacing" anybody! How difficult is this for you to understand? He and Hitchens did not play the same linebacker position, so your attempts to connect them in order to find something else to complain about is a big, fat, fail.

The middle and weakside linebacker roles were manned by the combination of Lee, Hitchens, and Jaylon Smith. Damien Wilson plays strongside linebacker and was not involved.

You efforts to connect Wilson to Hitchens have failed and the only thing you've succeeded in doing was showing that you didn't know what you were talking about in your rush to complain about something and anything.

LOL......Its really funny to watch you dodge and weave.

Lee, Hitchens, Smith. So who is Wilson replacing? Ill give you a big hint. LOL

Lee and Smith are still in the starting lineup. Duh..............its not Hitchens. LOL :huh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL......Its really funny to watch you dodge and weave.

Lee, Hitchens, Smith. So who is Wilson replacing? Ill give you a big hint. LOL

Lee and Smith are still in the starting lineup. Duh..............its not Hitchens. LOL :huh:

I'm done trying to educate you. Go do your homework before spouting off about things you obviously don't know. Come back to me when you've finally figured out that Wilson and Hitchens don't play the same positions. And that Wilson isn't "replacing" anybody.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm done trying to educate you. Go do your homework before spouting off about things you obviously don't know. Come back to me when you've finally figured out that Wilson and Hitchens don't play the same positions. And that Wilson isn't "replacing" anybody.

Whats the matter, cant answer the question? LOL

Hitchens and Wilson both play linebacker, thats all I ever claimed. As if it even matters to this debate. But go ahead and run off with your tail between your legs a beaten dog.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whats the matter, cant answer the question? LOL

I've answered it several times already.

Wilson is replacing nobody.

Hitchens and Wilson both play linebacker, thats all I ever claimed. As if it even matters to this debate. But go ahead and run off with your tail between your legs a beaten dog.

Oh bull****! Now who's changing the terms? You tried - and failed miserably - to somehow connect Wilson to Hitchens. In a clear effort to try to make things look bad. One guy is a middle/weakside linebacker and the other plays strongside.

And now you want to backpedal and lump them together as "linebackers"? Nice try.

Another fail.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've answered it several times already.

Wilson is replacing nobody.

Oh bull****! Now who's changing the terms? You tried - and failed miserably - to somehow connect Wilson to Hitchens. In a clear effort to try to make things look bad. One guy is a middle/weakside linebacker and the other plays strongside.

And now you want to backpedal and lump them together as "linebackers"? Nice try.

Another fail.

LOL They are connected genius, they both play linebacker. LOL

Since you got completely blasted out of the water you tried to change the subject to playing the same position. Too funny, as if that matters.

Lee Hitchens Smith were the 3 best linebackers last year at the end of the season AND starting. Wilson was coming off the bench. Do you even know who these 4 linebackers are? Do you even watch the team?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:
LOL They are connected genius, they both play linebacker. LOL

Seriously? This is what you've now been reduced to? That's sad. School is obviously in session.

Since you got completely blasted out of the water you tried to change the subject to playing the same position. Too funny, as if that matters.

I haven't changed a damn thing. You're the guy that tried to say that Wilson was replacing Hitchens. And you failed - miserably. And you continue to flail away, like a fish desperate to get back in the water.

Lee Hitchens Smith were the 3 best linebackers last year at the end of the season AND starting. Wilson was coming off the bench. Do you even know who these 4 linebackers are? Do you even watch the team?

Practice what you preach. And then let me know how Wilson started 9 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2017.htm

But if there's any other football education you still need, you just let me know and I'll be happy to set your straight.

Again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
:laugh:

Seriously? This is what you've now been reduced to? That's sad. School is obviously in session.

I haven't changed a damn thing. You're the guy that tried to say that Wilson was replacing Hitchens. And you failed - miserably. And you continue to flail away, like a fish desperate to get back in the water.

Practice what you preach. And then let me know how Wilson started 9 games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/dal/2017.htm

But if there's any other football education you still need, you just let me know and I'll be happy to set your straight.

Again.

How many games are in a season 16 or 9? Education much?

ME: "Lol....did U forget we lost a starter in fa? He was starting over Wilson. Downgrade is a fact."

YOU: If your referring to Hitchens, I don't think he was "starting" at strongside linebacker over Wilson.

This is where you went sideways. YOU said it, not me. Nice try though. LOL

Thank you for posting the stats. Wilson was active for 16 games and only started 9. Once Jaylon was up to speed and more familiar he was starting the rest of the time along with Hitchens and Lee. So whats more important genius? Who starts at the end of the season or the beginning going into the next year. LOL

At the end of the season Wilson was on the bench. Now hes back in the starting lineup because Hitchens left in FA.

That was the sound of you just blowing yourself out of the water. LOL

NO go on back to school boy and get an education.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol....did U forget we lost a starter in fa? He was starting over Wilson. Downgrade is a fact.

If your referring to Hitchens, I don't think he was "starting" at strongside linebacker over Wilson.

This is where you went sideways. YOU said it, not me. Nice try though. LOL

You said he was "starting over Wilson"! Can you not see exactly what you said and where it started?

Thank you for posting the stats. Wilson was active for 16 games and only started 9. Once Jaylon was up to speed and more familiar he was starting the rest of the time along with Hitchens and Lee. So whats more important genius? Who starts at the end of the season or the beginning going into the next year. LOL

No, Jaylon started when Lee and Hitchens were out. Again, do your homework.

At the end of the season Wilson was on the bench. How hes back in the starting lineup because Hitchens left in FA.

That was the sound of you just blowing yourself out of the water. LOL

NO go on back to school boy and get an education.

Wow. Just...wow. It's amazing how you'll run off at the mouth about things you obviously don't know about. I'm glad it and you are exposed here.

I'm not doing your homework for you any longer. It's obvious to everyone you have no idea what you're talking about.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You said he was "starting over Wilson"! Can you not see exactly what you said and where it started?

No, Jaylon started when Lee and Hitchens were out. Again, do your homework.

Wow. Just...wow. It's amazing how you'll run off at the mouth about things you obviously don't know about. I'm glad it and you are exposed here.

I'm not doing your homework for you any longer. It's obvious to everyone you have no idea what you're talking about.

Interesting..........so if Wilson was active for 16 games and only started 9 then what was he doing the other 7 games? Ummmm..............ummmm......coming off the bench?

I think you need more of an education. LOL

OUCH!!! Back to school boy. LOL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting..........so if Wilson was active for 16 games and only started 9 then what was he doing the other 7 games? Ummmm..............ummmm......coming off the bench?

I think you need more of an education. LOL

OUCH!!! Back to school boy. LOL

They started in the nickel. I'm shocked that you didn't know that.

And I'm still waiting for you to show me all of those games where Hitchens was "starting" over Wilson at strong side linebacker?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They started in the nickel. I'm shocked that you didn't know that.

And I'm still waiting for you to show me all of those games where Hitchens was "starting" over Wilson at strong side linebacker?

look buddy, you misunderstood what I said. Or maybe I didnt say it clearly enough. Ill try one last time to relay my point to you as clearly as I can.

By the end of the season Lee, Hitchens, Smith were our best 3 linebackers. Had this year started, Hitchens would be in there along with the other 2. But since he left, Wilson has to start. Lee, Hitchens, Smith are a better trio then Lee, Hitchens, Wilson. So in my mind its a downgrade.

But to be honest, I dont think its that much of a downgrade. Hitchens was no pro bowler. And by the end of the season, I am hoping that V can get in there as one of the top 3. We need to replace Wilson ultimately.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
look buddy, you misunderstood what I said. Or maybe I didnt say it clearly enough. Ill try one last time to relay my point to you as clearly as I can.

By the end of the season Lee, Hitchens, Smith were our best 3 linebackers. Had this year started, Hitchens would be in there along with the other 2. But since he left, Wilson has to start. Lee, Hitchens, Smith are a better trio then Lee, Hitchens, Wilson.

I've never argued that. But the fact is that Wilson never played the same role. So if you're insisting on a "downgrade", he's not Thebes guy to look at. He's the same guy in the same role he's always been.

So in my mind its a downgrade.

It's fine I feel you feel that way, but just don't warp reality to try to support it. Wilson isn't playing in place of Hitchens, never has and never will. Jaylon Smith is playing Hitchens former role of middle linebacker. And last year, Hitchens was moved to cover for Lee when he was out. Their positions didn't invokve Wilson.

If you want to make the case for a "downgrade", you'd have to make the case against Smith, not Wilson.

But to be honest, I dont think its that much of a downgrade. Hitchens was no pro bowler. And by the end of the season, I am hoping that V can get in there as one of the top 3. We need to replace Wilson ultimately.

So why are you arguing so passionately with me about it?

And for the record, I very much agree that Wilson should ultimately be replaced.

I think long term we'll see Vander Esch in the middle and Smith replacing Wilson. But that's still a work in progress for both of these young guys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I've never argued that. But the fact is that Wilson never played the same role. So if you're insisting on a "downgrade", he's not Thebes guy to look at. He's the same guy in the same role he's always been.

It's fine I feel you feel that way, but just don't warp reality to try to support it. Wilson isn't playing in place of Hitchens, never has and never will. Jaylon Smith is playing Hitchens former role of middle linebacker. And last year, Hitchens was moved to cover for Lee when he was out. Their positions didn't invokve Wilson.

If you want to make the case for a "downgrade", you'd have to make the case against Smith, not Wilson.

So why are you arguing so passionately with me about it?

And for the record, I very much agree that Wilson should ultimately be replaced.

I think long term we'll see Vander Esch in the middle and Smith replacing Wilson. But that's still a work in progress for both of these young guys.

You misunderstood buddy. My point was that his talent is being replaced in the starting lineup, not the actual same position. Going into THIS season, Wilson is starting because Hitchens is NOT here. If Hitchens was here, then the 3 starting linebackers would be Lee, Smith, Hitchens. That was my point and nothing else.

Im not focusing on position with my point, simply the 3 starters.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You misunderstood buddy. My point was that his talent is being replaced in the starting lineup, not the actual same position. Going into THIS season, Wilson is starting because Hitchens is NOT here. If Hitchens was here, then the 3 starting linebackers would be Lee, Smith, Hitchens. That was my point and nothing else.

Im not focusing on position with my point, simply the 3 starters.

Ok, I'm glad that you've cleared up your position.

Conversely, I think we can also say that if Hitchens was here, Vander Esch wouldn't be.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So because you have jerseys of players who are no longer here, that makes you skeptical of change? Lmao.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok, I'm glad that you've cleared up your position.

Conversely, I think we can also say that if Hitchens was here, Vander Esch wouldn't be.

I think that second point has some validity. And it would certainly depend on how long the contract was with Hitchens. Either way, Im happy with the way things turned out. Hitchens was the type of solid, would have been overpaid contributor that we needed to move on from.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that second point has some validity. And it would certainly depend on how long the contract was with Hitchens. Either way, Im happy with the way things turned out. Hitchens was the type of solid, would have been overpaid contributor that we needed to move on from.

So why all the anger and complaining?
:huh: