Still want to fire Jason Garrett? Show the Clapper some love

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The was undoubtedly the best Cowboys performance of the year. We just destroyed the defending NFC Champions and potentionally knocked them out of the playoffs! The Defense was dominating! The Offensive was clicking on all cylinders. If we blame the coaches for the losses do we compliment the Coach on the wins? The Cowboys scored 44 points on a very highly rated Wade Phillips defense with two superstars playing. So still itching to give Jason the boot? If Jerry had fired him like everyone wanted after Thanksgiving would the boys have won so impressively today?

Yeah. One good game does not change my evaluation of Garrett based on a decade.

Out! Out! Out!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The was undoubtedly the best Cowboys performance of the year. We just destroyed the defending NFC Champions and potentionally knocked them out of the playoffs! The Defense was dominating! The Offensive was clicking on all cylinders. If we blame the coaches for the losses do we compliment the Coach on the wins? The Cowboys scored 44 points on a very highly rated Wade Phillips defense with two superstars playing. So still itching to give Jason the boot? If Jerry had fired him like everyone wanted after Thanksgiving would the boys have won so impressively today?
You judge a Coach on his career and not one game.
Sure I enjoyed the win, but I have 10 years of bad memories.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with firing him. Because if it weren't for him the Cowboys wouldn't have been in this predicament in the first place.

I credit the players for this win. If he likes to blame the players for a lost like the Minnesota game. The players should be given credit for games won.

Besides, I don't think he really had much effect on today's game. Defense won today's game and the running game. Something I don't think Garrett had anything to do with.

seems to be a lot of misplaced animosity with this post. Garrett has no intent to fall short as a coach, nor does he fall short out of malice or spite. And the notion he throws everyone under the bus is false. Jerry is the one to be upset with. It’s his job to make the change at head coach when it’s needed.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
We had a good game against a mediocre team. Don't really care if we win the SB, Garrett needs to go.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
seems to be a lot of misplaced animosity with this post. Garrett has no intent to fall short as a coach, nor does he fall short out of malice or spite. And the notion he throws everyone under the bus is false. Jerry is the one to be upset with. It’s his job to make the change at head coach when it’s needed.

Sorry I don't buy it. You can blame Jerry all you want. But Garrett's time in Dallas is too little too late. Evident how the players play today shows proof that the reason why we have lost games this year was because of coaching. Not the players.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
It's been said that his coordinators do everything.

It's been used in his defense.

Timeout. Challenge. Go for it. Don't go for it.

That's the sum of his contributions as I've been told.

Again in his defense.

He's also a great motivator and that's supposed to be his strength.

Haven't seen much this year.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Geoff really sucked today so their offense could not score points and their defense was on the field all day and wore down. Geoff lost the game and Garret did not win it.

Chill35

Reaction score
We had a good game against a mediocre team. Don't really care if we win the SB, Garrett needs to go.

I say win now, worry about next season next season. Surely you don't want the Dallas Cowboys to win the superbowl because then they won't fire the coach?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry I don't buy it. You can blame Jerry all you want. But Garrett's time in Dallas is too little too late. Evident how the players play today shows proof that the reason why we have lost games this year was because of coaching. Not the players.
Are you reading my words? Your answer indicates you must not be. I didn’t suggest Garrett has done a good job coaching over the season or even over his career in Dallas, and in fact indicated the opposite. And I said I want him replaced.

That doesn’t mean I have to hold a grudge and imagine some kind of personal affront. Not being the right guy for the job doesn’t mean he is a bad guy are worthy of scorn, it simply means he isn’t a good enough coach.

People can be fair minded and still want him replaced.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
When cowboys win its garrett , when cowboys lose its all jerry and the co-ordinators because garrett is a puppet who jerry wont let him do his job .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When cowboys win its garrett , when cowboys lose its all jerry and the co-ordinators because garrett is a puppet who jerry wont let him do his job .
Who has said anything like that?

It’s nonsense to suggest it’s all Garrett win or lose. It’s a collaborative effort, but as the highest level coach he has more of the responsibility than other coaches, so he has to take heat when they don’t play well. But if a fan is fair, the opposite also has to be true. It’s nonsense to say he has influence over the team plays when they plays poorly, and no influence over the team when they play well. He either has influence over the team or he doesn’t.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
giphy.gif