Still want to fire Jason Garrett? Show the Clapper some love

Chill35

Reaction score
This. Even if we won the SB, I'd thank Garrett and then remind him where the door is.
If he makes it to the Super Bowl I think most fans will be happy. Maybe even the NFC championship game. The Packers and Saints barely beat us this year as well as the Vikings. Some bad kicking contributed to some of the losses, which has been corrected if todays performance is indicative. This team is capable of beating any team that has beaten us this season. Our biggest obstacle has seemed to be ourselves.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If he makes it to the Super Bowl I think most fans will be happy. Maybe even the NFC championship game. The Packers and Saints barely beat us this year as well as the Vikings. Some bad kicking contributed to some of the losses, which has been corrected if todays performance is indicative. This team is capable of beating any team that has beaten us this season. Our biggest obstacle has seemed to be ourselves.
I'd be happy too - for the team. That doesn't mean Garrett should still be head coach.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
The was undoubtedly the best Cowboys performance of the year. We just destroyed the defending NFC Champions and potentionally knocked them out of the playoffs! The Defense was dominating! The Offensive was clicking on all cylinders. If we blame the coaches for the losses do we compliment the Coach on the wins? The Cowboys scored 44 points on a very highly rated Wade Phillips defense with two superstars playing. So still itching to give Jason the boot? If Jerry had fired him like everyone wanted after Thanksgiving would the boys have won so impressively today?
1_a72fd678-78a1-4577-9d8e-85a1506c7aa2_grande.jpeg

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Somebody needs to bump up that thread about all of Garrett's boneheaded calls through the years. lol

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Most fans doesn't include me, but I think if he does get us to the Super Bowl he stays.

Gosh, I hope not. I hope this team gets to the Superbowl, wins (shocking themselves AND the world!), and then JJ decides not to extend Garrett another contract.

That's a win for everybody: Garrett and Jones get their rings, the players will have earned a Superbowl, and then the Cowboys can start a tenure under a new head coach. Garrett could then get another HC job in the NFL or college.

Everything would be groovy. :)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The was undoubtedly the best Cowboys performance of the year. We just destroyed the defending NFC Champions and potentionally knocked them out of the playoffs! The Defense was dominating! The Offensive was clicking on all cylinders. If we blame the coaches for the losses do we compliment the Coach on the wins? The Cowboys scored 44 points on a very highly rated Wade Phillips defense with two superstars playing. So still itching to give Jason the boot? If Jerry had fired him like everyone wanted after Thanksgiving would the boys have won so impressively today?

This was a glorified practice game bro, you acting like we actually won something today.

So should Garrett get a new contract for winning a practice game?

Not no, but HELL NO...…………...lets see him do it again next week in Philly, I have my doubts.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, still want to fire him. His team was great today, but that doesn’t wipe the slate clean

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Still fire him.

I credit Kellen Moore and the defense. Garrett is just a cheerleader.
I agree with still firing him, but I don’t buy the idea that he gets blame for losses but no credit for wins.

cern

Reaction score
the game today showed we can without garrett in the building. Kellen moore did an outstanding job with the offensive play calling. the defense stepped it up. neither of these things had anything to do with garrett.

flosho

Reaction score
We could win the Superbowl and my vote would still be to fire him befire the trophy presentation.