Stocks-AMC

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think most of the options are at the 40 dollar mark so anything above 40 Friday evening is a huge W.

Past 60 we probably just go and test all time highs and get gamma squeezed to 100 potentially.

I think it gets attacked hard today. If not today then maybe Thursday and Friday. If it starts to gamma squeeze they are going to be in a world of hurt.
I think a lot of the retail influencers are focusing too heavily on predictable responses by the institutions and are not considering the possibility that they may have a couple of break-glass-in-case-of-emergency tricks up their sleeves to play if everything else fails.

It really comes down to the holders continuing to hold if things do not happen (ex: the big squeeze) as quickly as they are being told by every retail influencer.

There are a lot of people who will hold indefinitely but there are also a lot of FOMO investors that either cannot afford to hold indefinitely or simply are too impatient to do so.

The same thing happened with dogecoin when everyone jumped in thinking Elon Musk was going to make everyone rich by appearing on SNL and then quickly bailed when the price started dropping right before it aired.

The institutions are likely expecting the retail investors will fracture enough to give them breathing room, so it will come down to how resilient the retail investors are as a whole if the squeeze takes longer to evolve than they are being told by everyone online.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think a lot of the retail influencers are focusing too heavily on predictable responses by the institutions and are not considering the possibility that they may have a couple of break-glass-in-case-of-emergency tricks up their sleeves to play if everything else fails.

It really comes down to the holders continuing to hold if things do not happen (ex: the big squeeze) as quickly as they are being told by every retail influencer.

There are a lot of people who will hold indefinitely but there are also a lot of FOMO investors that either cannot afford to hold indefinitely or simply are too impatient to do so.

The same thing happened with dogecoin when everyone jumped in thinking Elon Musk was going to make everyone rich by appearing on SNL and then quickly bailed when the price started dropping right before it aired.

The institutions are likely expecting the retail investors will fracture enough to give them breathing room, so it will come down to how resilient the retail investors are as a whole if the squeeze takes longer to evolve than they are being told by everyone online.

True but what makes me feel good is this float was already 80%+ owned by a bunch of crazy apes when the price was around 8 or 9 dollars so they just don't care. They'll continue to hold because at worst they're just going to get their money back

For me personally i'm that way. I just don't care if it dips or goes all the way back down to 5 dollars. I'm not selling until they pay their debt or the company goes bankrupt. I'll take the L.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True but what makes me feel good is this float was already 80%+ owned by a bunch of crazy apes when the price was around 8 or 9 dollars so they just don't care. They'll continue to hold because at worst they're just going to get their money back

For me personally i'm that way. I just don't care if it dips or goes all the way back down to 5 dollars. I'm not selling until they pay their debt or the company goes bankrupt. I'll take the L.
I agree completely! I am holding my crypto and stocks indefinitely no matter if they go up or down. When they go down far enough, I buy more :D

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I am not an expert by any means but I have a feeling the institutions are going to put constant downward pressure on AMC stocks all week to try to keep the stock below $60 to avoid the June 18th calls.

On Monday the retail investors were able to counter the downward pressure by bringing pent-up weekend FOMO and just-got-paid-Friday investors out in force, but I have a feeling that upward retail investor driven support is going to wane some over the next couple of days as more of them are fully extended which will push the price down a little.

It is likely that most of the June 18th ITM calls have already been covered or hedged and probably half of the $59/60 calls have been as well while they see how the next couple of days go.

I also think the institutions will do their best to avoid the short squeeze this week while trying to shake a lot of the FOMO investors away from the stock by muting or diluting the high expectations retail influencers have been putting on June 18th as the day of reckoning. There were already hints of that Monday when you saw a lot of people acting like it was a disappointing day despite the double digit percentage gains for the stock.

Regardless of how or when it plays out, it is fascinating to watch all of it unfold :D

We are sure most of the calls to 60 have been hedged. You’re right we will see some downward pressure but I believe we will be able to withstand it. We are seeing this morning they are terrified of 60 as they have burned a lot of cash to fight it this am. We cost them 400 million yesterday in their fight, so we do believe they are running out of fire power. There is also a theory that the large whales who are heavy in the money for the June 18th are waiting to slam these dudes. I am of the option this week is going to be mostly a green week.

need to break this 60 today

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

They can’t short it down to exit positions if that was the case they should’ve covered when we tanked to 5.45 back in Feb and they didn’t. Probably ego had something to do with it, but regardless we own the float and they still need the shares.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Seeing how hard they are fighting to keep this under 60 I’m starting to wonder if that is margin call territory.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Yep, I’m really starting to lean into my $60 margin call theory. They are fighting hard to keep it under $60. They hammered us with shorts and there was 36m in volume within the first 15 mins and you’re telling me we couldn’t snap $60?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep, I’m really starting to lean into my $60 margin call theory. They are fighting hard to keep it under $60. They hammered us with shorts and there was 36m in volume within the first 15 mins and you’re telling me we couldn’t snap $60?

You’re getting me pumped dude.

Wont they have the ability next week to check on investors daily?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seeing how hard they are fighting to keep this under 60 I’m starting to wonder if that is margin call territory.
You can definitely tell the battle line for the institutions is $60 because each time it rises above, they push it back down very quickly.

I think they are hoping to wear the retail investors down until it starts to drop more easily, but if that happens I expect a lot of the long term retail investors will buy the dip and drive it right back up.

I am still not sold on the squeeze happening this week unless the price spikes heavily on Friday or after hours Thursday, but you have to think the institutions are likely freaking out right now as their normal strategies struggle to counter the retail investors' determination.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They spent a lot of money today to keep this under $60. May FTDs are out and if the pattern holds we should see delivery tomorrow or Thurs.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You can definitely tell the battle line for the institutions is $60 because each time it rises above, they push it back down very quickly.

I think they are hoping to wear the retail investors down until it starts to drop more easily, but if that happens I expect a lot of the long term retail investors will buy the dip and drive it right back up.

I am still not sold on the squeeze happening this week unless the price spikes heavily on Friday or after hours Thursday, but you have to think the institutions are likely freaking out right now as their normal strategies struggle to counter the retail investors' determination.

Never believe anyone who gives you a date. Hence why I can't stand Trey and other content creators, there will be bagholders because of them. We need to Gamma first>Margin>SS. We are setup for the Gamma based on FTDs that will be delivered soon. We are in a great spot!

Next week we have T+21 and T+35

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
In 2 hours and 22 mins if this thing starts to move AH it should indicate FTDs are coming in.

But I don't know a lot... I am mostly smooth-brained, with just a few wrinkles. :cool:

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not an expert, but I am guessing today will be a defining day as to how Friday will go.

I think the institutions will push harder today than they did Monday and Tuesday in hopes of driving the price down closer to $50 hoping to shed some FOMO investors.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am not an expert, but I am guessing today will be a defining day as to how Friday will go.

I think the institutions will push harder today than they did Monday and Tuesday in hopes of driving the price down closer to $50 hoping to shed some FOMO investors.

I think so too.. I'd love a breakout but I got a feeling we see a dip today.

I can't believe we're sitting under 60 with all the FOMO these past 2 days. It's unreal.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think so too.. I'd love a breakout but I got a feeling we see a dip today.

I can't believe we're sitting under 60 with all the FOMO these past 2 days. It's unreal.
The institutions have been trying their best to counter the retail investors this week and their media partners have been doing their part as well.

I really do not understand what the institutions end game is beyond outlasting the retail investor movement because it is just going to keep getting worse for them.

It makes me wonder though if they are hoping the entire market will dive or crash at some point that would supersede anything going on with individual stocks.