Stop blaming the players

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dallas has had and has now a large number of the most talented NFL players in the league during Garrets tenure. I’m not a Garret hater. I always hoped he would learn and evolve but he has not.

Many of our most talented players moved on to teams where they won super bowls and their talent suddenly got better out from under Jerry and Garret.

There is no way you can take the talent on this team and lose to 2019 Jets unless there are fundamental serious errors and lack of coaching talent on this team.

From observing Dallas games and Patriots games you see where Belichek does not just prepare his team against the other team and their play book. He literally plans and coaches his team how to defeat the other teams 11 players on the field. It really is like Garret is coaching a checkers game while Belichek is coaching chess.

Garret just does not see the big picture and that is why he loses to the worst teams in the league. I imagine in Patriot prepping the players actually study the guys they will be matched up against week to week and Belichek and his staff likely already have player vs player templates and scheme to defeat each opposing player, not just the opposing plays and scheme which is also important.

If you ever watch Alabama play, you see the same depth of coaching and preparation. That is why they win.

That is why so many talented Cowboy players have wasted their careers under Garret. He had his shot and time to adjust and he failed.

Please tell me all of the teams that had HALF of their starting offense out with injuries and of those injuries BOTH starting tackles and went out and played like the starters were there playing. That's what I thought you can't. Teams over come one or sometimes 2 players missing from a starting unity and play well but tell me all of those that HALF their starters are gone and they played great.

This must really irk you that 2016 Garrett was the NFL Coach of the Year and did it with a rookie QB and RB starting. Here's a thought for you that I'll bet never occurred to you. Players that left the Cowboys and you've said did so much better. Two things, first you've never heard that a change of scenery and a new start has help players and second did it ever occur to you that whatever offense or defense those team ran were better suited for those players skills. Which reminds me who are all of these top tier talents that the Cowboys allowed to go that are now just ripping things up on other teams.

nobody

Reaction score
There's enough blame to go around for everyone. Nobody gets a pass.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Garrett's Garrett, and I'm tired of looking at him, but to pretend players are entirely blameless for breakdowns is ridiculous. The bottom line is the Cowboys aren't as good as some want to believe, even with a new coach.

But I'm still on board with a new coach in 2020, barring some story-book miracle SB run we all know isn't going to happen.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware and that Bennett tightend come to mind.
Ware was great when he was here..first team all pro....he went to Denver and was paired with Jackson, talib and MILLER....andanning joined them for a couple of Superbowl runs...yes hebwon a Superbowl . But wasn't better than he was here

Marty B was Marty B...that's why he bounced around and he was a back up with Patriots....that was his role but he thought he was all pro

He didn't play better...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Ware was great when he was here..first team all pro....he went to Denver and was paired with Jackson, talib and MILLER....andanning joined them for a couple of Superbowl runs...yes hebwon a Superbowl . But wasn't better than he was here

Marty B was Marty B...that's why he bounced around and he was a back up with Patriots....that was his role but he thought he was all pro

He didn't play better...
Someone asked a question about players leaving Dallas and winning a Superbowl. And that was my response.

No one leaves Dallas and plays better (IMO) but I'm bias. My love for the star makes me bias.

Aven8

Reaction score
Only thing I notice is the same things have happened twice now with a huge turnover of talent. No one is left outside of Witt and Ladacour from the original group, yet these guys come out flat and make the same mistakes the previous regime made. Only link is JG. The excuses are over.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Blame this blame that

Blame blame blame

If only we had a new coach

If only we had a new qb

If only if only if only

If after 25 years you people don’t realize where the problem lies then you’re beyond help.

As hard as it is some people just have to realize that division championships and maybe a playoff win is as good as it’s going to get.

Accept the reality.

Or carry on blaming and wonder why nothing ever changes.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas has had and has now a large number of the most talented NFL players in the league during Garrets tenure. I’m not a Garret hater. I always hoped he would learn and evolve but he has not.

Many of our most talented players moved on to teams where they won super bowls and their talent suddenly got better out from under Jerry and Garret.

There is no way you can take the talent on this team and lose to 2019 Jets unless there are fundamental serious errors and lack of coaching talent on this team.

From observing Dallas games and Patriots games you see where Belichek does not just prepare his team against the other team and their play book. He literally plans and coaches his team how to defeat the other teams 11 players on the field. It really is like Garret is coaching a checkers game while Belichek is coaching chess.

Garret just does not see the big picture and that is why he loses to the worst teams in the league. I imagine in Patriot prepping the players actually study the guys they will be matched up against week to week and Belichek and his staff likely already have player vs player templates and scheme to defeat each opposing player, not just the opposing plays and scheme which is also important.

If you ever watch Alabama play, you see the same depth of coaching and preparation. That is why they win.

That is why so many talented Cowboy players have wasted their careers under Garret. He had his shot and time to adjust and he failed.

The Jets game is counter to your hypothesis.

Both starting OTs were out and Cooper only played 3 snaps in that game.