Stop it with the Dak contract

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep...…...And is that smart? How many of those are contenders?

I would say our backups are about has novice as it gets.
What are we looking for in a backup quarterback? Someone to eventually take over that'll be a while. Or someone that's can just go in and manage the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What are we looking for in a backup quarterback? Someone to eventually take over that'll be a while. Or someone that's can just go in and manage the game.

If I was a contender, I would have a veteran that has won games in this league as my primary backup. Then I would continue to develop a 3rd young guy. Like what the Pats did with Garrapolo. Then when that 3rd guy is good enough to replace the veteran number 2, you then repeat with the 3rd stringer.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I think the coalition of Steven Jones , mcclay and Garrett is responsible for his he has recent success of the cowboys . Jerry drafted Quincy carter and wanted Johnny Manziel.i like jerry but he wasn’t a good gm. Sorry

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sound like Dak gets everything him and his agent want. Dak will be a Cowboy for life. Dallas has plenty of cap space to pay everyone. It all sounds so perfect!
Pay the man! If 34 mil makes people happy why not give him 40 mil a year. Who cares that he is not even a top 10 QB because an NFL QB is sooo hard to find they need to pay him before he can test the FA market.

It's possible Prescott needs Elliott, Cooper, Martin, Smith and Frederick more than Elliott, Cooper, Martin, Smith and Frederick need Prescott. "

1 of 34 millions reasons why the FO should Wait till next season for any new contract for Dak!!!!!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The Romo contract didn't hurt the Cowboys until it did. There were a couple of dead money years where the expectation was Romo would play until age 40. Finding Dak in the fourth round helped offset that, though.

The Romo contract hurt because he could not stay on the field for full seasons. If he had stayed on the field and gave us production for that money, then it would have been fine.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I read thread after thread about this AAV of 30something mil. Those that gripe about the AAV really have no idea how this team runs. And there are quite a few on here. In 2007 Romo signed a 6 yr 67.5mil deal and in 2013 he signed a 108mil deal. He never had a caphit of 10mil. Dak will never have a caphit of 34mil in any yr. They will do what they did with Romo and restructure and extend. He will not lose money but ensure he is a lifelong Cowboy. This will be structured like this because he's still so young and make so much more money then other QBs and still never strap the Cowboys cap like Romo never did.

This team is smarter then you, so let them do their jobs.
Nice post bro. I haven't really been looking at this site much since season's end. I can only imagine the combined cerebral mash up that has been transpiring regarding Dak's contract number. I'm sure it has been enough to make you reach for the whiskey....lol

jjktkk

Reaction score
Yep...…...And is that smart? How many of those are contenders?

I would say our backups are about has novice as it gets.
No, its not smart, but there really isn't a lot of good backup QBs. . They, the FO, went the veteran route and that didn't work. Now their trying to develop their own, which, so far, hasn't panned out either.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I read thread after thread about this AAV of 30something mil. Those that gripe about the AAV really have no idea how this team runs. And there are quite a few on here. In 2007 Romo signed a 6 yr 67.5mil deal and in 2013 he signed a 108mil deal. He never had a caphit of 10mil. Dak will never have a caphit of 34mil in any yr. They will do what they did with Romo and restructure and extend. He will not lose money but ensure he is a lifelong Cowboy. This will be structured like this because he's still so young and make so much more money then other QBs and still never strap the Cowboys cap like Romo never did.

This team is smarter then you, so let them do their jobs.
Awesome Post :thumbup:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Actually. I was contemplating the same Theory. That's why I say pay the kid already. I know what we have . I know what his potential can be. This is the season that we will truly know what we have in a quarterback. That means his growth . cuz his instincts can finally take over. I would pay him . I know what I already have in him. And what I'm going to have to pay when he progresses. Off subject but I'm constantly thinking like you
Yes, I see things the way you do on almost every one of your comments. You are correct with the pay Dak now. This entire notion that we shouldn't sign him because we aren't sure what we have him in is silly. We have 3 full seasons and 2 playoff runs in which he was fantastic even in the ones we didn't win.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Awesome Post :thumbup:
Thanks, i just see people who seem miserable rooting for this team and it makes zero sense to me why they "root" for this team if they hate everything this team is doing.

They hate the 2nd most wins in the nfl in the last 3 yrs. Still disgruntled about 20 yrs before the last 3 yrs. Who in their right mind still worries about 20 yrs in the past. Dwelling on that they;ve missed out on the building of a young winner thats gonna be a winner for awhile. They've missed the ride, and thats the best part

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, its not smart, but there really isn't a lot of good backup QBs. . They, the FO, went the veteran route and that didn't work. Now their trying to develop their own, which, so far, hasn't panned out either.

Which is exactly my point. They are horrid at the backup QB thing. The veterans they had were so bad it was pathetic.

There guys out there that can win you a few games every offseason.

Anything is better than the two chumps we have right now. At this rate, if Dak goes down for 2 or 3 games our playoff hopes are dashed. I see no point in keeping a couple guys on the roster that haven't even thrown a pass in a real game.

So what is your point really? Not sure I understand it. Who cares because they all suck?

Lets hope our FO isn't thinking like that.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So! Anybody win today?
Minds changed?
Hearts moved?

anything?
no?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So! Anybody win today?
Minds changed?
Hearts moved?

anything?
no?

Cowboys won today!!!!!..... and everyday..... hee haw...... as another day passed without Jerry making one of his biggest mistakes and giving a sub-par QB a massive cap killing contract!!!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Cowboys won today!!!!!..... and everyday..... hee haw...... as another day passed without Jerry making one of his biggest mistakes and giving a sub-par QB a massive cap killing contract!!!
Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
A lot of NFL teams do not have a competent backup QB.
check that A LOT of teams dont have competent starter, bottom 15 some ore backups playing ones..until recently the draft water down the starters and backups, finally a lot of 1st rounders paying off instead of busting so maybe soon some quality backups will be available as they were starters who were JAGS..

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Thanks, i just see people who seem miserable rooting for this team and it makes zero sense to me why they "root" for this team if they hate everything this team is doing.

They hate the 2nd most wins in the nfl in the last 3 yrs. Still disgruntled about 20 yrs before the last 3 yrs. Who in their right mind still worries about 20 yrs in the past. Dwelling on that they;ve missed out on the building of a young winner thats gonna be a winner for awhile. They've missed the ride, and thats the best part
No the ride will be when we win the SB. This team already rebuilt once and squandered it. Hopefully it won't happen again.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Which is exactly my point. They are horrid at the backup QB thing. The veterans they had were so bad it was pathetic.

There guys out there that can win you a few games every offseason.

Anything is better than the two chumps we have right now. At this rate, if Dak goes down for 2 or 3 games our playoff hopes are dashed. I see no point in keeping a couple guys on the roster that haven't even thrown a pass in a real game.

So what is your point really? Not sure I understand it. Who cares because they all suck?

Lets hope our FO isn't thinking like that.
Sorry. didn't clarify. There are not a lot of quality, backup QBs available.

Rayman70

Reaction score
ANYTIME JJ speaks, it puts the kibosh on the entire works it seems. Its the Jimmy Johnson firing curse. Talent hasn't been the issue over the last 10 years or so..Its been who the owner is. WORDS MATTER.