Stop putting DLaw in the same sentence with Jaylon Smith

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know many fans wanna see sacks but he's the hardest working player on that D and honestly, it's nothing new. He always plays hard, with a lot of heart. Think some fans started hating coz the Hotz Boys thing.....

DLaw is a good player but he is not playing up to his contract. Remember he is the highest paid player on the team and his guarantees are almost as much as Jaylon and Zeke’s combined. On the good news front Gregory is getting paid peanuts and looked good last night.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
DLaw isn't a stud. He's an average player being paid like an elite player. Thats the problem.

he is an average player that beats up on backups and guys who are going to get cut.

like last night when he beat the eagles third string RT for a sack.

against the other teams elite players, he does nothing.

his effort is fine. Most don’t like him because his is absurdly arrogant.

Jipper

Reaction score
Try this one

Neither Dlaw nor Jaylon Smith are playing at the level their contracts warrant.

It’s pretty simple....dlaw disappears constantly and Jaylon Smith is lost, both are overpaid and that’s the bottom line...dlaw is playing better at his position but it’s the same result

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
he is an average player that beats up on backups and guys who are going to get cut.

like last night when he beat the eagles third string RT for a sack.

against the other teams elite players, he does nothing.

his effort is fine. Most don’t like him because his is absurdly arrogant.

That's been his MO all his career. Even before his new contract, he would shine when going up against bad tackles and would disappear when they played good to great teams. The difference now is that he does this while getting paid like an elite player and the arrogance is based on his stats against bad teams.

foofighters

Reaction score
I know many fans wanna see sacks but he's the hardest working player on that D and honestly, it's nothing new. He always plays hard, with a lot of heart. Think some fans started hating coz the Hotz Boys thing.....

I admit that DLaw is playing hard on every play. You can at least see some talent when he's playing. With Jaylon? No talent and usually out of position.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I admit that DLaw is playing hard on every play. You can at least see some talent when he's playing. With Jaylon? No talent and usually out of position.

+1 .....Hell, I admit he's probably overpaid ( DLaw that is ) but so are the majority of players. Only a small/narrow percentage of players are actually earning or worth their huge second contracts. It's why I don't get too caught up in that part of the game.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It is time to move on from D Law. He had his shot at being one of the highest paid players in the NFL as well as the leader of the Cowboys defense. He failed miserably. He needs to be a hired gun on a team with solid leadership already in place and he needs to be shipped as far away from the incoming rookie class as possible.

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know... He broke up one screen play and now he is elite? Most of the time he gets burned on screen plays. Chris was just being kind and trying to gin up enthusiasm to keep people watching the sunday night toilet bowl match.

Silly

Reaction score
Try this one

Neither Dlaw nor Jaylon Smith are playing at the level their contracts warrant.

It’s pretty simple....dlaw disappears constantly and Jaylon Smith is lost, both are overpaid and that’s the bottom line...dlaw is playing better at his position but it’s the same result

I think it is time to start trading players for draft picks and rebuild the defense.

leeblair

Reaction score
It is time to move on from D Law. He had his shot at being one of the highest paid players in the NFL as well as the leader of the Cowboys defense. He failed miserably. He needs to be a hired gun on a team with solid leadership already in place and he needs to be shipped as far away from the incoming rookie class as possible.
It's time to move on from every player on the squad except for Dalton, Zeurlien, Lamb, Gallup, and possibly Cooper and Shultz.
The rest just seem to enjoy their paydays.
I've been saying this, "Dak is Jason Garrett 2.0". The culture of apathy created under Garrett will continue to rule until it is completely eradicated.
Too many players coddled who pretend they are superstars when they get in front of a microphone, but very few who actually produce.

Redline360

Reaction score
Both were terrible contracts from day one.

Tank after the giants game is finally showing life. Still doesn't make up for his last 1.5 years. For as much as he got paid he needs to be doing this on a regular basis

Jlaw is a disgrace to the cowboys uniform

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I’ve trashed on dlaw quite a bit, but truth is he has been a bright spot on the team. You hold out for top money at your position, I think it’s fair that fans hold you to the standard of being a top performer.

that said though he hasn’t been a bad player by any means. He makes plays against inferior competition, and makes more effort plays than anyone else on this defense. I’m a fan, but he seems to be an average talent with a relentless motor. Is that worth $20MM a year? That out in his contract after next season will be very tempting.

Jipper

Reaction score
I think it is time to start trading players for draft picks and rebuild the defense.

unfortunately we have some contracts that make it hard to trade the ones we would want to trade the most....Jaylon, zeke, Cooper, dlaw

blueblood70

Reaction score

he was top 5 in win% at DE, not sure what that means but hes beating his responsibility i believe leading to pressures just not sacks..

as bad as Jaylon looks one we are stuck with his contract another season at least and hes in the top 5 in tackles, when we have better talent around him he does play better, hard to swallow a 10mil LB needs to be covered up but its the reality..

ive never been down on Tank ive seen hi m trying, he didnt have the knee 2-3 games and the stat of the season they had him play stand up DE like in a 3-4 OLB type role and that was a mistake. Hes been better the last 3 weeks..