Stop putting DLaw in the same sentence with Jaylon Smith

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
He's overpaid, but easily one of the best players on the team. He is the main reason the Cowboys contained the Eagles. Jaylon Smith is flat out one of the worst LBs I have seen this year on any team. I would still feel that way if he was making league minimum. Did you see him sidestep to avoid Kelce on that running play when Crawford was completely blown out of the gap by said Kelce? That will make for some embarrassing critique on film day.

Loso86

Reaction score
I know many fans wanna see sacks but he's the hardest working player on that D and honestly, it's nothing new. He always plays hard, with a lot of heart. Think some fans started hating coz the Hotz Boys thing.....

Sadly just like Byron Jones with the INTs no sacks means he sucks lol smh

dware94

Reaction score
It's time to move on from every player on the squad except for Dalton, Zeurlien, Lamb, Gallup, and possibly Cooper and Shultz.
The rest just seem to enjoy their paydays.
I've been saying this, "Dak is Jason Garrett 2.0". The culture of apathy created under Garrett will continue to rule until it is completely eradicated.
Too many players coddled who pretend they are superstars when they get in front of a microphone, but very few who actually produce.
haha, is this serious? i assume you must not like Dak, but please leave Dalton off that list. He failed with talent around him in Cincy so lets not act like he would be some kind of leader around here. Trading for Darnold would make more sense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Leave the contracts out of it because none of us are the authority of worth.
Take a look at the supporting cast. If you have garbage all around you, the offense can focus on one great player and neutralize them. We need more than one good DE.

CWR

Reaction score
I know many fans wanna see sacks but he's the hardest working player on that D and honestly, it's nothing new. He always plays hard, with a lot of heart. Think some fans started hating coz the Hotz Boys thing.....

It's not often a guy leaps towards the ball carrier and has enough left to jump back up and track him down on second attempt.

I watched Dlaw a lot last night and he played balls to the wall.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Those that look at one stat (sacks) as the oversimplified end-all-be-all are the ones thinking D-Law’s a bust.

If you know what you’re looking at you know he’s been very good against the run. He’s got 6 TFL which is effectively has the same net affect as a sack.

Has he been worth the contract? Probably not, but he shouldn’t be in the same stratosphere has Jaylon Smith in terms of criticism by fans. Jaylon Smith is a bad football player and a total liability on defense.

FaSho

Reaction score
He's very good, and anyone who says he's garbage or even average, must not be watching the same games.

Sack numbers aren't all that matters... and it's hard to get sacks when coverage can't hold up for more than 1 second.

Side note: I do think he's overpaid, but he's the least of our problems on defense.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Hot Boyz thing didn't bother me. He and others not living up to their own self glorification for various reasons bothered me. He had an injury and held off on surgery until Jones caved in with a huge contract. He sulked and played like crap for a while.
He has shown signs of life this year. I hope he continues. He can be all that and more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Those that look at one stat (sacks) as the oversimplified end-all-be-all are the ones thinking D-Law’s a bust.

If you know what you’re looking at you know he’s been very good against the run. He’s got 6 TFL which is effectively has the same net affect as a sack.

Has he been worth the contract? Probably not, but he shouldn’t be in the same stratosphere has Jaylon Smith in terms of criticism by fans. Jaylon Smith is a bad football player and a total liability on defense.
His pursuit of the ball carrier and his awareness is awfully good IMO. Smith seems a step behind what's happening.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

:clap:

InTheZone

Reaction score
DLaw isn't a stud. He's an average player being paid like an elite player. Thats the problem.
Yes we would all like for him to be the sack master, but he's a complete DE who rarely gets credit from his critics. Do the same people that think he's average ever look at him during the game or just the stat sheet, genuinely curious because I feel like I've been arguing this point for a few years. And this is coming from someone who called Lawrence a bust for his first few years.

We need more alphas like him, not some wannabes like Jaylon Smith and Xavier Woods on this defense.

Blue64

Reaction score

I’ve been hard on him all season, but I have to give him credit last 2 games he’s played hard which is good to see.
As for Jaylon he’s pathetic and with his contract their stick with him