Stop saying Jerry hasnt done his job as GM

FVSTONE

Reaction score
He's built good rosters over the years. He's givin us travis frederick, tyron smith, zach martin, dlaw, micah parsons, tdiggs, sean lee, dak, zeke, all people that we have drafted just to name a few. Yes some dumb mistakes like not picking tj watt but for the most part he has did his part in building us a contending team. Now we just need a head coach that can take us over the top
No, JJ didn't do the work to find these studs that would be Will McClay.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He's built good rosters over the years. He's givin us travis frederick, tyron smith, zach martin, dlaw, micah parsons, tdiggs, sean lee, dak, zeke, all people that we have drafted just to name a few. Yes some dumb mistakes like not picking tj watt but for the most part he has did his part in building us a contending team. Now we just need a head coach that can take us over the top

Uh, nice try. But ... from the horse's mouth. Jerry Jones says he would fire himself as general manager

Jerry Jones is both the owner and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. The former says he'd have fired the latter if he weren't both.

In an interview that aired before Sunday Night Football, Bob Costas asked Jones whether he'd have fired himself as general manager following his team's years of struggling:

"Well, I think so, because he was there to dismiss. I've always worked for myself and you can't do that. You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself. But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches and certainly I would have changed a general manager."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is funny. I have read that quote before but do not ever recall doing a Jerry Jones translation of it before. Here is my take of what he said:
Jerry Jones said:
"Well, I think so, because he was there to dismiss.
'he was there' not 'I was there'. He stated it in third-person.
Jerry Jones said:
I've always worked for myself and you can't do that.
He is literally saying he cannot fire himself since it is just him doing the job.
Jerry Jones said:
You basically have to straighten that guy out in the mirror when you work for yourself.
This is his go-to self-remedy for improving his own job performance.
Jerry Jones said:
But certainly, if I'd had the discretion, I've done it with coaches and certainly I would have changed a general manager."
'changed a general manager' not 'changed to another general manager'. Again, he stated it in third-person.

Jones' response to Costas came from something more complex than simple ego.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It is funny. I have read that quote before but do not ever recall doing a Jerry Jones translation of it before. Here is my take of what he said:

'he was there' not 'I was there'. He stated it in third-person.

He is literally saying he cannot fire himself since it is just him doing the job.
This is his go-to self-remedy for improving his own job performance.

'changed a general manager' not 'changed to another general manager'. Again, he stated it in third-person.

Jones' response to Costas came from something more complex than simple ego.

Wading through all the Jerry speak, what he seems to be saying, I'd fire myself if it wasn't me. Translation: if a GM performed the way Jerry did, he'd be fired. But since Jerry won't fire himself, he remains the GM.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wading through all the Jerry speak, what he seems to be saying, I'd fire myself if it wasn't me. Translation: if a GM performed the way Jerry did, he'd be fired. But since Jerry won't fire himself, he remains the GM.

In Jerry's defense, being filthy rich and playing fantasy football with your kids - with an actual NFL team - sounds like a lot of fun.

There's no pressure at all. Sure, it'd be great to win but if you don't...try again next year. Meanwhile, you made more money.

As a fan I find Jerry frustrating, like a lot of us. As a man, I can't help but be envious of his situation. I'll admit, I'd probably do the same thing.

But don't tell me he's done his job. He's sucked at his job. But when you also own the the richest team in the world, it doesn't matter (for you).

kskboys

Reaction score
In Jerry's defense, being filthy rich and playing fantasy football with your kids - with an actual NFL team - sounds like a lot of fun.

There's no pressure at all. Sure, it'd be great to win but if you don't...try again next year. Meanwhile, you made more money.

As a fan I find Jerry frustrating, like a lot of us. As a man, I can't help but be envious of his situation. I'll admit, I'd probably do the same thing.

But don't tell me he's done his job. He's sucked at his job. But when you also own the the richest team in the world, it doesn't matter (for you).
No you wouldn't. You're too smart for that!!!!