Stop talking Green Bay

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Did someone make thread that states to not talk about football? Last I heard, this is a message board where pretty much anything related to the Cowboys is fair game to talk about as long as rules aren't broken. I don't see anything wrong with looking ahead to GB or Seattle. Now if the team did that, it's a different story but as fans, we can pretty much talk about whatever we want. If you don't like it, don't read it. Don't need to get the panties in a wad about it...

This guy gets it.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Man if the players were thinking as much about playing Green Bay in two weeks as many on this board, we'd be in big trouble. Detroit game is going to be a huge dogfight. You don't average giving up 69 yards rushing per game all year with smoke and mirrors. And if we don't control time of possession running the ball, that is all the more opportunities for Megatron against our secondary. Let's win this game first. Bad karma to talk about the next one...

Bro seriously all week all your posts have had the undertone of being scared. Like I suggested before sit back enjoy the ride what's going to happen will happen. If the Lions beat Dallas it won't be from lack of effort it will be because they just have a bit more talent. But this team and its fan base have every right to be confident. I haven't heard one player talk about GB everything is about this game. We as fans do not control the outcome so just chill man.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Man if the players were thinking as much about playing Green Bay in two weeks as many on this board, we'd be in big trouble. Detroit game is going to be a huge dogfight. You don't average giving up 69 yards rushing per game all year with smoke and mirrors. And if we don't control time of possession running the ball, that is all the more opportunities for Megatron against our secondary. Let's win this game first. Bad karma to talk about the next one...

Co-sign.
And I'll add: can we please stop holding this team up to the 90s Cowboys? Let them write their own place in Dallas football history. Tell the story of how the 2014 Cowboys got here and stop holding up the 90s mirror.

Reaction score
Bro seriously all week all your posts have had the undertone of being scared. Like I suggested before sit back enjoy the ride what's going to happen will happen. If the Lions beat Dallas it won't be from lack of effort it will be because they just have a bit more talent. But this team and its fan base have every right to be confident. I haven't heard one player talk about GB everything is about this game. We as fans do not control the outcome so just chill man.

Not scared or un-chill, just realistic. Just have watched this team too long to be overconfident like some here are...

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
...and another thing ... don't let Detroit jump on us Sunday, watch those same people jump off the ship faster than you can say "Romo will never...".

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Seriously the fans who look ahead with a team making its first appearance in the playoffs in 5 years are fools.[/q
Not scared or un-chill, just realistic. Just have watched this team too long to be overconfident like some here are...

You realize only 6 players on this team were on the 09 PO team right? This team isn't the same team all year they have shown that they are well prepared and play well within the system and they play for each other. It's not being overconfident if what's being said is the truth. You are minimizing all that's going on, so again chill bro and enjoy it

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We all know what's really happening here. The OP and others who have made similar comments can't wait to come in here Sunday night and blame a loss on looking ahead. And talking about how they regret being right.

If/when we win they'll just hope these threads are forgotten.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

Realistically, what you say or think has nothing to do with the outcome. Dallas will or they won't, and Detroit will or they won't, depending on your personal perspective. Enjoy the game and the time leading up to it . It's to every individual how he goes about it and It's what it's all about.

Reaction score
We all know what's really happening here. The OP and others who have made similar comments can't wait to come in here Sunday night and blame a loss on looking ahead. And talking about how they regret being right.

If/when we win they'll just hope these threads are forgotten.

Wont post a damn thing if we lose

black label

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Seriously the fans who look ahead with a team making its first appearance in the playoffs in 5 years are fools.
I would just say aren't truly and haven't been plugged in; aren't long suffering, not enjoying the moment and don't really respect the opponent. Because we all know "on any given Sunday." That's what makes the playoffs such a rush.

I can't handle but one game at a time.
We Dem Boys!

Reaction score
You realize only 6 players on this team were on the 09 PO team right? This team isn't the same team all year they have shown that they are well prepared and play well within the system and they play for each other. It's not being overconfident if what's being said is the truth. You are minimizing all that's going on, so again chill bro and enjoy it

You realize that 90 percent of the roster is the same from the one last year that gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter to the Lions and lost? And this is a better defensive Detroit team than last year...

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
You don't have to read those either.

You see Greenbay just skip the post. It's not difficult.
Actually, that's good advice. I only click on 20% of the threads in the Fan Zone. I find most threads (titles) repetitive. I prefer new debates & info. So consider yourself so fresh so clean.
:)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So then, using your theory that yesterday is meaningful, let's examine the truth.

From this article:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cowboys-lions-wild-card-three-reasons-dallas-will-win-nfl-postseason-coy-wire-010115?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:nflonfox

The Detroit Lions have never beaten a team with a winning record on the road with Matthew Stafford as their starting quarterback (0-17 against teams above .500). Yes, this is true. Another note of intrigue is that only one of the Lions' 11 wins this season has come against a team that currently has a winning record.

By your position then, Dallas should walk over these guys. You sticking with your take on the meaning of history here?

I'm not saying the Lions are going to win but all 4 of the Cowboys losses this season came at home. The last 2 times they played the Lions they lost giving up a 24 point lead in 2011 (franchise record) and losing in the final minute last season in another game the Cowboys had in the bag. Calvin Johnson presents a big match up problem which was proven last season with a career game against the Cowboys. I'm picking the Cowboys to win on Sunday but I don't see this being an easy game. Detroit has a very solid defense much better than the Cowboys defense. If the Cowboys have issues running the ball the game will likely be put on Romo's shoulders and he's had major turnover issues (12) in elimination/playoff games when he's had to do too much.
The Cowboys have had some issues keeping teams down the past few seasons including this season.

We saw Philly bounce back from a 21 point deficit to regain the lead a few weeks ago but fortunately the Cowboys rebounded. The Lions will come into Sundays game with some confidence due to the success they've had the last 2 times they've played the Cowboys. Both teams defenses are going to try and put the game on the opposing QB and force them into mistakes. Romo has been very consistent this season having an MVP year but he occasionally will still make some of those throws that have gotten him into a lot of trouble over the years. He's had a couple of potential pick-sixes dropped this season and those aren't usually dropped in the playoffs. Both QB's are dealing with some demons. Romo has gotten over his December demons but now he'll be facing his toughest challenge the playoff/elimination game demons that have him with a 1-6 elimination game record.

For the Cowboys to win on Sunday Romo can't turn the ball over and for him to avoid turnovers the Cowboys are going to have to be able to run the ball. Romo's only playoff win vs Philly in 09 was a result of a flawless performance by Romo with no turnovers which was directly a result of 148 rushing yards by Felix Jones. The Cowboys need to jump on Detroit early and allow Romo to manage the game that's when he's at his best. His most glaring mistakes have occurred when he presses forcing throws into coverage in come from behind situations in do or die games. Romo facing the Lions pass rush led by Suh in a come from behind situation late in the 4th quarter is a scary thought. Romo has to step up and show the NFL world that he can be the same QB in the playoffs that he is during the regular season.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I just don't like talking about the offseason too much when we have a playoff game in a few days. It's depressing.....

Like to the 10th power.
I don't want the season to end (for a change) . There was a time when I couldn't wait for the pain, suffering and embarrassment to be over.