Stop talking Green Bay

wconn1979

Reaction score
Man if the players were thinking as much about playing Green Bay in two weeks as many on this board, we'd be in big trouble. Detroit game is going to be a huge dogfight. You don't average giving up 69 yards rushing per game all year with smoke and mirrors. And if we don't control time of possession running the ball, that is all the more opportunities for Megatron against our secondary. Let's win this game first. Bad karma to talk about the next one...

Man this week I have really been studying my play book and watching all the Detroit games on the all 22 film. I have developed several strategies for us to win this I think we got it!! /sarcasm off

JDSmith

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting anyone piss down their leg and not enjoy the week. But this week we have the Lions, so let's just not collectively look past them. As the previous poster said, "the Green Bay playoff game does not exist" right now.

I'd rather talk about the Lions as well, just because we're playing them in a few days. But I'm not going to begrudge any other fans who want to think about revisiting and gaining redemption in a new ice bowl. The Rodgers vs Romo matchup is exciting. Stafford is pretty much a JAG at this point, he's not wowing anyone. As long as our players are focused on Detroit I'm not worried about what the fans are discussing. If someone tells me he's going out and booking his tickets to the Superbowl that's no problem for me. I don't think he's going to jinx us or cause us to lose through some misunderstanding of the karmic concept.

Reaction score
I'd rather talk about the Lions as well, just because we're playing them in a few days. But I'm not going to begrudge any other fans who want to think about revisiting and gaining redemption in a new ice bowl. The Rodgers vs Romo matchup is exciting. Stafford is pretty much a JAG at this point, he's not wowing anyone. As long as our players are focused on Detroit I'm not worried about what the fans are discussing. If someone tells me he's going out and booking his tickets to the Superbowl that's no problem for me. I don't think he's going to jinx us or cause us to lose through some misunderstanding of the karmic concept.

Fair enough. Respect that opinion as well.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So my "opinion" is wrong and your "opinion" is right? :cool: I don't have the time to get into a lengthy debate over this the fact is all 4 of the Cowboys losses were at home this season. Romo played almost the entire game vs Washington and the Cowboys still lost. Even before he got injured in that game it was a struggle. You can make all the excuses you want for why the Cowboys suffered all 4 of their losses at home this season but it's a waste of time arguing it we're not going to agree. Against SF in the opener the Cowboys defense was terrible in the first half surrendering 28 first half points. Granted Romo had a miserable game but the defense couldn't keep a SF offense that had struggled all preseason and during the regular season out of the end zone. That game was lost in the first half. Obviously what I've pointed out you don't agree with so we'll just leave it at that and hope for the best on Sunday.

I am not saying you are wrong and I am right. I am saying there is more than just the "they lost at home" theory.

Reaction score
He is even worse in the game threads

Here's the thing Staubacher & CowboyStar88, you can attack me personally and my perspective, but that is more a reflection of you than me. Attack the point of the post, not the poster. You'll come off as more intelligent and interesting that way...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I am not saying you are wrong and I am right. I am saying there is more than just the "they lost at home" theory.

I gave you a lot more than just "they lost at home" theory did you read my posts? As for you being right and me being wrong you said to take a gander at your sig so I assumed you were saying my opinion was wrong. All of us were wrong about the team this year big time wrong.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Here's the thing Staubacher & CowboyStar88, you can attack me personally and my perspective, but that is more a reflection of you than me. Attack the point of the post, not the poster. You'll come off as more intelligent and interesting that way...

I never attacked you but good try. I did point out the issues within your post and I was never rude about it. But good try with your backhanded personal attack (look in the mirror before you make a statement about someone's intelligence). You know Maybe if you didn't have such a hyperbole attitude all week and started threads telling other posters what they shouldn't be doing other posters wouldn't attack you.

Reaction score
I never attacked you but good try. I did point out the issues within your post and I was never rude about it. But good try with your backhanded personal attack (look in the mirror before you make a statement about someone's intelligence). You know Maybe if you didn't have such a hyperbole attitude all week and started threads telling other posters what they shouldn't be doing other posters wouldn't attack you.

OK, I guess in your mind calling someone "scared" in two separate posts is not a personal attack. In my mind it is. But whatever. And what is hyperbolic about saying people on this board should not look past the Lions to the Packers? Or my other post about the Lions being a bad matchup for us? The thing is, when some people say something on this board other than "we're gonna win 40-17", a group comes out and attacks the poster, instead of responding intelligently to the post...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
OK, I guess in your mind calling someone "scared" in two separate posts is not a personal attack. In my mind it is. But whatever. And what is hyperbolic about saying people on this board should not look past the Lions to the Packers? Or my other post about the Lions being a bad matchup for us? The thing is, when some people say something on this board other than "we're gonna win 40-17", a group comes out and attacks the poster, instead of responding intelligently to the post...

It is a scared thought process. We do not control the outcome of the games. If you took just the word "scared" out of both posts trying to reassure you that's your problem not mine. Not a single person isn't worried about this game but it's ok to talk about the Packers. You're over here talking about Karma. No one is attacking you for not predicting a 40-17 win. They are telling you to chill with telling people what to do. You're the one attacking people for not agreeing with you and starting threads about it and predicting a loss.

Reaction score
It is a scared thought process. We do not control the outcome of the games. If you took just the word "scared" out of both posts trying to reassure you that's your problem not mine. Not a single person isn't worried about this game but it's ok to talk about the Packers. You're over here talking about Karma. No one is attacking you for not predicting a 40-17 win. They are telling you to chill with telling people what to do. You're the one attacking people for not agreeing with you and starting threads about it and predicting a loss.

Your exact words: "Don't know how anyone lives being scared like that." Then you were the only person who liked Staubacher's post referring to me: "He is even worse in the game threads." You can revise this however you wish, but that's what you said and did. But anyway, Happy New Year. Go Cowboys.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Your exact words: "Don't know how anyone lives being scared like that." Then you were the only person who liked Staubacher's post referring to me: "He is even worse in the game threads." You can revise this however you wish, but that's what you said and did. But anyway, Happy New Year. Go Cowboys.

And? I am not changing what I said. Like said if that's all you took from that post thats a YOU problem. I lol'd at his post it was funny and if it's true why are you so mad about it? I see your posts all scared and doom and gloom predicting losses etc... Not sure why you're so sensitive about it. Did you not think that people were going to call you out for starting a thread telling people what they should do? Don't cry wolf

EST_1986

Reaction score
I'm gonna be in real trouble here, I was pondering the draft last night as well as free agency.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Man this week I have really been studying my play book and watching all the Detroit games on the all 22 film. I have developed several strategies for us to win this I think we got it!! /sarcasm off

Lol....would have been really good without the disclaimer. (Make people use their brain sometime...it's hilarious. )

Reaction score
And? I am not changing what I said. Like said if that's all you took from that post thats a YOU problem. I lol'd at his post it was funny and if it's true why are you so mad about it? I see your posts all scared and doom and gloom predicting losses etc... Not sure why you're so sensitive about it. Did you not think that people were going to call you out for starting a thread telling people what they should do? Don't cry wolf

No, you and Staubacher were the only two who called me out personally, as opposed to others who just disagreed with the point of my post. And I'm not at all sensitive about being called out personally by you and him, it's just a waste of time and the thread. And uninteresting. Exactly my point. But I'll just cry wolf... HOWL. GO COWBOYS.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm gonna be in real trouble here, I was pondering the draft last night as well as free agency.

That is pretty odd with a playoff game coming up Sunday that's where my focus is. The draft and free agency is something I think about when the season is over. For the past five years at this time the draft and free agency is all we've had to think about it's great to finally be anticipating a playoff game.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No, you and Staubacher were the only two who called me out personally, as opposed to others who just disagreed with the point of my post. And I'm not at all sensitive about being called out personally by you and him, it's just a waste of time and the thread. And uninteresting. Exactly my point. But I'll just cry wolf... HOWL. GO COWBOYS.

Yet you started a thread calling fans who are talking about Greenbay... Oh the irony

EST_1986

Reaction score
Can't we all just agree this thread is very dumb as we're not players or coaches and have zero influence in the result of any game being played.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
That is pretty odd with a playoff game coming up Sunday that's where my focus is. The draft and free agency is something I think about when the season is over.

What? You mean you don't ponder Contracts FA or Drafts at all during the season? There's been like a 100 threads about all that stuff over the course of a season and you didn't once comment in them?

EST_1986

Reaction score
That is pretty odd with a playoff game coming up Sunday that's where my focus is. The draft and free agency is something I think about when the season is over. For the past five years at this time the draft and free agency is all we've had to think about it's great to finally be anticipating a playoff game.

I mean I focused on the game plan all the rest of the week. I even watched film after thinking about the draft. Free agency wasn't well thought out so I didn't hit the playbooks to makeup for that.