Stop talking Green Bay

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
You realize that 90 percent of the roster is the same from the one last year that gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter to the Lions and lost? And this is a better defensive Detroit team than last year...

You realize that we have new players playing and it's the 2nd year in the system and the defense had 31 TOs right? We also have Linhenan as well who knows that team very well. Chill bro it's New Year's Day enjoy it. Don't know how anyone lives being scared like that

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Bro seriously all week all your posts have had the undertone of being scared. Like I suggested before sit back enjoy the ride what's going to happen will happen. If the Lions beat Dallas it won't be from lack of effort it will be because they just have a bit more talent. But this team and its fan base have every right to be confident. I haven't heard one player talk about GB everything is about this game. We as fans do not control the outcome so just chill man.

"Enjoy the ride." Now that's a man who's not scared. ..hold up hold.... We Dem Boys!!!

Staubacher

Reaction score
You realize that we have new players playing and it's the 2nd year in the system and the defense had 31 TOs right? We also have Linhenan as well who knows that team very well. Chill bro it's New Year's Day enjoy it. Don't know how anyone lives being scared like that

He is even worse in the game threads

Sportsbabe

Reaction score

Thank you. And I'm not sure he's accurate about that 90% figure. On The Break yesterday, Eatman named about 5 guys who are no longer on D.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Thank you. And I'm not sure he's accurate about that 90% figure. On The Break yesterday, Eatman named about 5 guys who are no longer on D.

Sportsbabe you're making my head spin on this thread with your fence jumping lol

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I'm confident this week but I agree with the op.

A good football team is coming in here and it's going to be battle on Sunday.

...and I wouldn't have it any other way. We've got to play our best ball to get to the promised land. Like Tony said... any body, any time, any place, any where.

Have I told y'all lately I just love him. :)

JDSmith

Reaction score
Not scared or un-chill, just realistic. Just have watched this team too long to be overconfident like some here are...

So if some of these fans are 'overconfident' they get to enjoy this week, correct? If the Cowboys lose these fans will be upset, and you'll be upset, also correct? So why should they spend the week pissing down their legs? Does that make it somehow better if there is a loss?

I just don't see the downside of enjoying the week since none of us play and we don't have any affect on the outcome. Whether I'm euphoric or depressed about this upcoming game the Cowboys will still show up and play, and they'll win or lose based on their performance - not on anything I've written or said on a message board.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
For those who play Madden, stop once you reach the WC round. Don't jinx us by advancing!! I'm watching you lol

JDSmith

Reaction score
For those who play Madden, stop once you reach the WC round. Don't jinx us by advancing!! I'm watching you lol

I think I have to play. I didn't know I could warp the very fabric of the universe, I'm kind of enjoying my new found power.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Sportsbabe you're making my head spin on this thread with your fence jumping lol

Lol. I can entertain a position without fully accepting it. If someone makes a good point I like to think I'm flexible and pretty reasonable. :) Someone did once accuse me of treating this like we were in my living room talking. Guilty as charged.

But I'm pretty consistent in this thread concerning my feelings about looking ahead.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
You realize that 90 percent of the roster is the same from the one last year that gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter to the Lions and lost? And this is a better defensive Detroit team than last year...

That defense had Claiborne, Hamilton, Heath, Wynn, Nevis, and Hatcher on defense in the 4th quarter. Ware wasn't playing that day. That's 6 out of 11 not counting Ware.

Sans Heath, we won't see the others on the field at all.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I'm not saying the Lions are going to win but all 4 of the Cowboys losses this season came at home. The last 2 times they played the Lions they lost giving up a 24 point lead in 2011 (franchise record) and losing in the final minute last season in another game the Cowboys had in the bag. Calvin Johnson presents a big match up problem which was proven last season with a career game against the Cowboys. I'm picking the Cowboys to win on Sunday but I don't see this being an easy game. Detroit has a very solid defense much better than the Cowboys defense. If the Cowboys have issues running the ball the game will likely be put on Romo's shoulders and he's had major turnover issues (12) in elimination/playoff games when he's had to do too much.
The Cowboys have had some issues keeping teams down the past few seasons including this season.

We saw Philly bounce back from a 21 point deficit to regain the lead a few weeks ago but fortunately the Cowboys rebounded. The Lions will come into Sundays game with some confidence due to the success they've had the last 2 times they've played the Cowboys. Both teams defenses are going to try and put the game on the opposing QB and force them into mistakes. Romo has been very consistent this season having an MVP year but he occasionally will still make some of those throws that have gotten him into a lot of trouble over the years. He's had a couple of potential pick-sixes dropped this season and those aren't usually dropped in the playoffs. Both QB's are dealing with some demons. Romo has gotten over his December demons but now he'll be facing his toughest challenge the playoff/elimination game demons that have him with a 1-6 elimination game record.

For the Cowboys to win on Sunday Romo can't turn the ball over and for him to avoid turnovers the Cowboys are going to have to be able to run the ball. Romo's only playoff win vs Philly in 09 was a result of a flawless performance by Romo with no turnovers which was directly a result of 148 rushing yards by Felix Jones. The Cowboys need to jump on Detroit early and allow Romo to manage the game that's when he's at his best. His most glaring mistakes have occurred when he presses forcing throws into coverage in come from behind situations in do or die games. Romo facing the Lions pass rush led by Suh in a come from behind situation late in the 4th quarter is a scary thought. Romo has to step up and show the NFL world that he can be the same QB in the playoffs that he is during the regular season.

You said: but all 4 of the Cowboys losses this season came at home.

Let's look at those losses.

San Francisco - Romo coming off back injury and had not played much in pre-season or training camp

Washington - Romo injured, returned but was a shell of former self.

Arizona - Romo did not play

Philadelphia - Played late game on Sun, then turn around and played on Thursday. Did not take a shot. Better football through chemistry.

So out of the four, one might make the case a beat up Romo, or no Romo had a hand in the loss. Do you really consider the loss to the 9ers a real loss. Think Dallas would have shown them the door in November, let's say? Fact is, if Romo was healthy for that 9er game, I'd say this team would be sitting as the top seed of the tourney for the NFC. That case could be easily made since Romo threw 3 of his 9 total picks in the 9ers game, and still Dallas made a comeback and the 9ers did not score in the second half.

I say if Romo was as healthy as he is today, Dallas hangs 40 points on them.

You said: The last 2 times they played the Lions they lost giving up a 24 point lead in 2011 (franchise record) and losing in the final minute last season in another game the Cowboys had in the bag.

And in both of those contests, Dallas did not have the offensive line it has today, nor the running game. The vaunted Lions defense gave up over 140 yards to GB just this past weekend. Some of that comes because of Rodgers and his ability to pass the ball, which makes their run game so much more effective.

But Dallas is a balanced team, and Romo can ramp up the completions as well. Plus Murray is a better back than all three of the Packers rushers. Dallas has a better line. Not saying this will be easy, but any comparison to last season discounts what has transpired this season.

Your assessment carries the supposition of last year's Cowboys, and this years home record. But where are the Lions records in this. Let's look.

Of the five losses they have had, four have been on the road. Carolina (7-8-1), Arizona (11-5), New England (12-4), Green Bay (12-4). So does Dallas not rate up there with those guys? Looks like it from the season records.

You said: Romo has been very consistent this season having an MVP year but he occasionally will still make some of those throws that have gotten him into a lot of trouble over the years.

Yes he does. None of them. Three in the first game of the season against the 9ers, and two against the Eagles in Dallas. In 14 other games he has tossed a total of four picks. Is this a different Romo? I don't think so. This is a different Cowboy's team.

You said: Romo has to step up and show the NFL world that he can be the same QB in the playoffs that he is during the regular season.

Your comments have truth behind them. But again, this team has come from behind, and in some games way behind and won late. In the Eagles game up in the Philadelphia Toilet Bowl, they gave away the lead to a team that held Murray and Co. late in the 3rd quarter. Murray had 81 yards that day against one of the better run defenses in the league.

From that point on Dallas scored 17 points to the Eagles 3 and won the game by 11.

One of the bigger issues is Detroit has no answer for Dez. Not this year. Rodgers plays small ball and ate them alive. Our play caller on offense (linehan) surely knows this defense, and will have seen how the Pack handled them.

Again, this will not be easy, as you said. But this is doable. Very doable. Because this team is better than any version you wish to use as the yardstick of past losses and failures.

And now you went and made me use stats. I hate stats. Shame on you, KJJ.

Do not underestimate this team. I did. Gander at my sig.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said: but all 4 of the Cowboys losses this season came at home.

Let's look at those losses.

San Francisco - Romo coming off back injury and had not played much in pre-season or training camp

Washington - Romo injured, returned but was a shell of former self.

Arizona - Romo did not play

Philadelphia - Played late game on Sun, then turn around and played on Thursday. Did not take a shot. Better football through chemistry.

So out of the four, one might make the case a beat up Romo, or no Romo had a hand in the loss. Do you really consider the loss to the 9ers a real loss. Think Dallas would have shown them the door in November, let's say? Fact is, if Romo was healthy for that 9er game, I'd say this team would be sitting as the top seed of the tourney for the NFC. That case could be easily made since Romo threw 3 of his 9 total picks in the 9ers game, and still Dallas made a comeback and the 9ers did not score in the second half.

I say if Romo was as healthy as he is today, Dallas hangs 40 points on them.

You said: The last 2 times they played the Lions they lost giving up a 24 point lead in 2011 (franchise record) and losing in the final minute last season in another game the Cowboys had in the bag.

And in both of those contests, Dallas did not have the offensive line it has today, nor the running game. The vaunted Lions defense gave up over 140 yards to GB just this past weekend. Some of that comes because of Rodgers and his ability to pass the ball, which makes their run game so much more effective.

But Dallas is a balanced team, and Romo can ramp up the completions as well. Plus Murray is a better back than all three of the Packers rushers. Dallas has a better line. Not saying this will be easy, but any comparison to last season discounts what has transpired this season.

Your assessment carries the supposition of last year's Cowboys, and this years home record. But where are the Lions records in this. Let's look.

Of the five losses they have had, four have been on the road. Carolina (7-8-1), Arizona (11-5), New England (12-4), Green Bay (12-4). So does Dallas not rate up there with those guys? Looks like it from the season records.

You said: Romo has been very consistent this season having an MVP year but he occasionally will still make some of those throws that have gotten him into a lot of trouble over the years.

Yes he does. None of them. Three in the first game of the season against the 9ers, and two against the Eagles in Dallas. In 14 other games he has tossed a total of four picks. Is this a different Romo? I don't think so. This is a different Cowboy's team.

You said: Romo has to step up and show the NFL world that he can be the same QB in the playoffs that he is during the regular season.

Your comments have truth behind them. But again, this team has come from behind, and in some games way behind and won late. In the Eagles game up in the Philadelphia Toilet Bowl, they gave away the lead to a team that held Murray and Co. late in the 3rd quarter. Murray had 81 yards that day against one of the better run defenses in the league.

From that point on Dallas scored 17 points to the Eagles 3 and won the game by 11.

One of the bigger issues is Detroit has no answer for Dez. Not this year. Rodgers plays small ball and ate them alive. Our play caller on offense (linehan) surely knows this defense, and will have seen how the Pack handled them.

Again, this will not be easy, as you said. But this is doable. Very doable. Because this team is better than any version you wish to use as the yardstick of past losses and failures.

And now you went and made me use stats. I hate stats. Shame on you, KJJ.

Do not underestimate this team. I did. Gander at my sig.

So my "opinion" is wrong and your "opinion" is right? :cool: I don't have the time to get into a lengthy debate over a matter of opinion the fact is all 4 of the Cowboys losses were at home this season. Romo played almost the entire game vs Washington and the Cowboys still lost. Even before he got injured in that game it was a struggle. You can make all the excuses you want for why the Cowboys suffered all 4 of their losses at home this season but it's a waste of time arguing it we're not going to agree. Against SF in the opener the Cowboys defense was terrible in the first half surrendering 28 first half points. Granted Romo had a miserable game but the defense couldn't keep a SF offense that had struggled all preseason and during the regular season out of the end zone. That game was lost in the first half. Obviously what I've pointed out you don't agree with so we'll just leave it at that and hope for the best on Sunday.

Reaction score
So if some of these fans are 'overconfident' they get to enjoy this week, correct? If the Cowboys lose these fans will be upset, and you'll be upset, also correct? So why should they spend the week pissing down their legs? Does that make it somehow better if there is a loss?

I just don't see the downside of enjoying the week since none of us play and we don't have any affect on the outcome. Whether I'm euphoric or depressed about this upcoming game the Cowboys will still show up and play, and they'll win or lose based on their performance - not on anything I've written or said on a message board.

I'm not suggesting anyone piss down their leg and not enjoy the week. But this week we have the Lions, so let's just not collectively look past them. As the previous poster said, "the Green Bay playoff game does not exist" right now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who has Detroit beaten since week 3? Not saying they can't win, just that they got into the playoffs largely based on beating up subpar teams and beating Green Bay at home when said team was struggling.

Stafford is 0-16 in his career on the road against teams that finished the season above 500.............................sorry, but I just cant take a team like that for real come playoff time.