Stop whining crybabies!

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
HanfordDixon said:
For goodness sakes, we're 2-2 after having played 3 of four on the road. This is a work in progress with so many new free agents, rookies and not to mention an entire new defensive philisophy.

Dallas is right about where it should be -- and quite a bit better than expected if you buy the argument that QB would hold us back.

The rookies are coming along, the defense is coming along and the cohesiveness is coming along. It all takes time.

I liked what I saw today against an Oakland team that was fighting for its life.

Dallas is going to be fine.

So stop whining.

Good points and I agree with each one.;)

Keep in mind that there are all sorts of fans out here. Crying and whining is how some people deal with losing. As right as you are.....I'm still not happy about losing games that we could've and should've won.

Maybe I shouldn't start a I hate Shaun Payton thread. :D

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
whoever says that its ok to lose probably is a loser themself..........ITS NOT OK TO LOSE!!!!!!

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
were 0-1 at home,

Wow, we lost a home game! Heavens no! And we're 2-1 on the road. So what's your point? Jesus, ease back on the trottle a little bit.

already lost a divison game, are two games back in the East, just lost to a 0-3 Oakland team after we were given a gift by possibly the worst team in the NFL the week before.

Oakland was 0-3 because they played KC, Philly and NE, three of the top 10 teams in the league. Frankly, the way Moss plays against us and the problems we are having in the secondary, I did not expect this to be that close of a game.

Sorry it not all of us share your optimism.

Fine. Wallow in your misery. I've seen about 30 NFL seasons come and go and maybe I know better than to hit the panic button after four games -- especially when you're record is OK at 2-2.

te0002

Reaction score
Any loss sucks - but what makes them less tolerable is the manner in which the Cowboys lost. Both loses this season were directly attributable to playcalling. If the players get are put in the bet position to win and get beat physically, that's one thing. But when the playcalling hampers the players ability by putting them in a handicapped postion, then the loss is not only more painful but very troublesome.

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
"Playcalling"

Every single loss in the history of this game is attributeable to "playcalling."

What we need are more fortune tellers who know what plays to call before the play happens.

Hoov

Reaction score
te0002 said:
Any loss sucks - but what makes them less tolerable is the manner in which the Cowboys lost. Both loses this season were directly attributable to playcalling. If the players get are put in the bet position to win and get beat physically, that's one thing. But when the playcalling hampers the players ability by putting them in a handicapped postion, then the loss is not only more painful but very troublesome.

yes but its the play calling itself that put us in a position to win the game inside of the last 2 minutes.

tuls

Reaction score
Really!!! There's more to football than winning! Geez! It's not all about a team's record or whether their losing to crappy teams.

Jimmie

Reaction score
after everything you mentioned, if whomever is doing the playcalling had the cahones to call plays, we'd have beaten Oakland and went in to the Philly game 3-1.

I am happy with the defensive effort so far, your right we got alot of rookies. But all it would have took was an offensive playcaller with some testicles and we win this game. PERIOD. :starspin

HanfordDixon said:
For goodness sakes, we're 2-2 after having played 3 of four on the road. This is a work in progress with so many new free agents, rookies and not to mention an entire new defensive philisophy.

Dallas is right about where it should be -- and quite a bit better than expected if you buy the argument that QB would hold us back.

The rookies are coming along, the defense is coming along and the cohesiveness is coming along. It all takes time.

I liked what I saw today against an Oakland team that was fighting for its life.

Dallas is going to be fine.

So stop whining.

te0002

Reaction score
HanfordDixon said:
"Playcalling"

Every single loss in the history of this game is attributeable to "playcalling."

What we need are more fortune tellers who know what plays to call before the play happens.

You're right. Only a fortune teller would know the best way to attack the wost pass D in the league is to stubbornly try to establish the run.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
te0002 said:
You're right. Only a fortune teller would know the best way to attack the wost pass D in the league is to stubbornly try to establish the run.

Needless to say that we had a very poor offensive gameplan.

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Let me Get this off my chest!!!!

THIS IS REALITY PEOPLE.....THIS ISNT A FREAKING VIDEO GAME!!!!!!.......ALL IM HEARING IS LETS DRAFT THIS....LETS DO THIS..... WHY DIDNT WE DO THIS.....THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES FELLAS!!!!!!! THIS IS WHY IT IS CALLED "PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL" JULIUS JONES IS ONE OF THE LAST MEMBERS OF THIS TEAM THAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING TO REPLACE...ONE PERSON SAID...."GIVE ME REGGIE BUSH" ARE YOU KIDDING ME????...ONE WEEK BLEDSOE IS GOD AND THE NEXT WEEK WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT VINNY!!!!! IT IS ALSO THE SAME WAY WITH PARCELLS!!! THIS IS REALITY PEOPLE....ANYTIME A TEAM SWITCHES DEFENSIVE SCHEMES, GOES OUT AND HAS ONE HELL OF AN OFFSEASON, AND DRAFTS A BUNCH OF YOUNG DEFENSIVE PLAYERS THERE IS GOING TO BE A LITTLE BIT OF GROWING PAINS. I DONT CARE HOW TALENTED WE ARE...DID YOU GUYS REALLY EXPECT DOMINANCE FROM THIS TEAM WHO HAS HAD LITTLE TIME TO GEL. IM NOT SAYING THAT WE ONLY NEED TO POINT OUT THE POSITIVES ON THIS BOARD....... BUT GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK.... ITS JUST GETTING REDICULOUS.... I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF YOU ACTUALLY CALL YOURSELFS "DALLAS COWBOYS FANS"

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:

THIS IS REALITY PEOPLE.....THIS ISNT A FREAKING VIDEO GAME!!!!!!.......ALL IM HEARING IS LETS DRAFT THIS....LETS DO THIS..... WHY DIDNT WE DO THIS.....THIS IS WHY WE PLAY THE GAMES FELLAS!!!!!!! THIS IS WHY IT IS CALLED "PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL" JULIUS JONES IS ONE OF THE LAST MEMBERS OF THIS TEAM THAT WE SHOULD BE LOOKING TO REPLACE...ONE PERSON SAID...."GIVE ME REGGIE BUSH" ARE YOU KIDDING ME????...ONE WEEK BLEDSOE IS GOD AND THE NEXT WEEK WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT VINNY!!!!! IT IS ALSO THE SAME WAY WITH PARCELLS!!! THIS IS REALITY PEOPLE....ANYTIME A TEAM SWITCHES DEFENSIVE SCHEMES, GOES OUT AND HAS ONE HELL OF AN OFFSEASON, AND DRAFTS A BUNCH OF YOUNG DEFENSIVE PLAYERS THERE IS GOING TO BE A LITTLE BIT OF GROWING PAINS. I DONT CARE HOW TALENTED WE ARE...DID YOU GUYS REALLY EXPECT DOMINANCE FROM THIS TEAM WHO HAS HAD LITTLE TIME TO GEL. IM NOT SAYING THAT WE ONLY NEED TO POINT OUT THE POSITIVES ON THIS BOARD....... BUT GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK.... ITS JUST GETTING REDICULOUS.... I CANT BELIEVE SOME OF YOU ACTUALLY CALL YOURSELFS "DALLAS COWBOYS FANS"

Well said. Some of the reactions on this board are just crazy. We have new players on both sides of the ball, give the team some time.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
I gotta say this -

For someone w/ 24 posts coming out screaming at the entire board. Wow.

You got nads man.

Seriously tho - take it easy on your caps. You wont make any friends w/ them on.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:

Absolutely--we must stick with our team!

I am really proud of the progress this team has made. Although, I have had four near heart attacks during each game this year--it is much more fun having a "chance" to win vs last year when you knew by half time of some games that we did not have a prayer!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HanfordDixon said:
So stop whining.
When it is after a game we could have and perhaps should have (see Washington) won what in the world do you expect?

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
Fine?

Like .500 fine?

No, but you have to understand that Dallas is integrating a bunch of free agents, how many rookies? 8? A trade guy in Fujita, a new starting QB and a completely new defense...

I would expect this to continue to come together into a cohesive unit that is a pretty tough football team six weeks from now.

You do understand that 2-2 now does not automatically mean 8-8 at the end of the season right?

I do see us winning 4 of 5 at the end of the season. I feel with that many changes, they deserve more than 4 games before I officially terminate their chances to do anything successful. Call me an optimist.

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score

Dallas had a nice balance between run and pass. Bledsoe barely completed 50% of his passes and he was under pressure all day. That is not a good recipe for more passing.

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
When it is after a game we could have and perhaps should have (see Washington) won what in the world do you expect?

We played SF last week and we did win it.

In fact Dallas has had a chance to win all of its games this year -- and with all the mistakes and underachievement we've seen, that fact is a testement to the true talent there is on this team.

That is why i am not worried about 2-2. Just watch and wait til it all starts to come together. Then you're going to see something pretty special.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wesleyc288 said:

I'd trade JJ for the rights to Reggie Bush in a second but then again I don't have blind devotion to a player just because he's a Cowboy.