Storage Wars Sued By Its Star; Show Is Faked And Execs Were Confronted By Cast

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Storage Wars Sued By Its Star; Show Is Faked And Execs Were Confronted By Cast, Court Papers Charge
By David Perel

“Yuuupp,” Dave Hester has filed a blockbuster lawsuit against Storage Wars, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

Hester, one of the show’s best-known personalities who is infamous for his brash “Yuuup” while bidding on storage lockers, charges that the A&E hit show is fake and fired him in retaliation days after he complained about it to network and production company executives.

Radar broke the story that the reality TV show picked up Hester’s contract option and then rescinded it for season four. Now, in the lawsuit filed by Los Angeles top attorney Marty Singer, the show is accused of illegal activity and an ongoing pattern of outrageous behavior in deceiving the public.

The suit contains numerous bombshell claims, including that that the network and producers regularly “salt” lockers with valuable items to add drama to the show, rig the bidding and even paid for a female cast member’s plastic surgery to add sex appeal!

More

kmp77

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4892759 said:
Brandi had plastic surgery?

I just hope it was to surgically remove that stupid husband of hers. She sho is nice to look at!

Boys122

Reaction score
Wow, I'm a fan of this show too. So, Storage Wars Texas is probably fake as well.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I thought parts of the show were fake but I wasn't sure. I had heard that Barry is a friend of the producer and he brought him on the show.

Boys122

Reaction score
Well, it pretty much ruins it for me to watch this show anymore.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always thought there was something about that show that seemed a little staged.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;4892902 said:
I always thought there was something about that show that seemed a little staged.

I assumed they got to see what was in the lockers before the actual auction not that it was faked.

Boys122

Reaction score
Being in the auction business myself, I've yet to strike it big like they do. I'm comfortable but not rich like some of these guys.

Oh wait, it's fake. Duh. :D

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Theres a lot of "so called" reality shows on tv that are beyond fake and I have no idea how theyre still on tv. But I didnt think this one was fake at all. Kind of sucks. Oh well at least Brandis kind of cute lol

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://i848.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab42/photojoeq/capt_renault.jpg

I'm shocked, shocked to find that fake reality shows is going on in here!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting reading the legal document.

On the surface it sounds like Hester has a good case. This could be a very big deal for A&E.

I thought it was interesting that Hester was suppose to receive $25,000 per episode.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4893112 said:
Interesting reading the legal document.

On the surface it sounds like Hester has a good case. This could be a very big deal for A&E.

I thought it was interesting that Hester was suppose to receive $25,000 per episode.

Any ruling from this could impact other so called "reality shows" that claim everything is real and not scripted.

We all know its a bunch of BS, or we all should know.

Yes, even all you HuniBooBoo fans out there and yes even to Paints favorite show "Moonshiners". YEEEeEEEhAWWw, I am fake!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;4893130 said:
Any ruling from this could impact other so called "reality shows" that claim everything is real and not scripted.

We all know its a bunch of BS, or we all should know.

Yes, even all you HuniBooBoo fans out there and yes even to Paints favorite show "Moonshiners". YEEEeEEEhAWWw, I am fake!

Very true.

And in the short-term it's not going to help "Storage Wars".

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doesn't everyone know that all reality tv shows today are salted up? Hell, most are outright written well before the cameras come out.