Storage Wars Sued By Its Star; Show Is Faked And Execs Were Confronted By Cast

rynochop

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4893906 said:
I'm pretty sure that show advertisements that they are reenactments.

I was in auto finance for almost 10 years. Repod probably 100 cars, it doesn't happen like that. Most repos are voluntary..I can count on one hand the number of issues we had. I did run into a woman at a post office that was 6 months behind and hiding..followed her all over town, got away, but found her neighborhood.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4894100 said:
I laughed so hard when the black lady "ripped" a door off a car. There was no wiring or hinges connecting the door to the car. :laugh1:
Man, Bernice is hilarious...

Her ability to take on men and kick their butts is hilarious.. lol

Lodeus

Reaction score
The should just cancel it and give Barry his own show.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4893984 said:
Which is fine.

They just need to say something to that affect at the beginning of the show, like they do for the Tru-TV shows.

"Storage Wars" could end up getting a big 'wrist-slap' over this.

The thing about the Dave Hester character is that the show needed a "bad guy" and he fit the bill nicely. He was easy to hate.

Now it seems Mark Balelo is going to be the "bad guy" of the show. He just strikes me as "wierd".

Probably the beginning of the end of the run of the show.

For what reason? It's obviously scripted to some extent just based on the corniness of it.

Are people's lives being changed one way or the other?

It's almost like the commercials where someone does some crazy stunt like jumping out of window and at the bottom it says, "Professional stunt man, do not attempt".

Who actually needs that?

Are people more willing to watch garbage if they know it's real as opposed to staged? It's a TV show, if you like it watch it. If not, find another garbage show to watch.

I don't see why any show should have to disclose whether or not it's scripted. It's obvious which shows are. If it isn't cops or some surveillance show about the wildest chases, it's probably not reality.

As for Dave, I didn't hate him. I don't care so much for Darrell but that's only because he's a moron and I can't stand watching people embarrass themselves.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4894336 said:
For what reason? It's obviously scripted to some extent just based on the corniness of it.

It's almost like the commercials where someone does some crazy stunt like jumping out of window and at the bottom it says, "Professional stunt man, do not attempt".

Who actually needs that?

Are people more willing to watch garbage if they know it's real as opposed to staged? It's a TV show, if you like it watch it. If not, find another garbage show to watch.

I don't see why any show should have to disclose whether or not it's scripted. It's obvious which shows are. If it isn't cops or some surveillance show about the wildest chases, it's probably not reality.

As for Dave, I didn't hate him. I don't care so much for Darrell but that's only because he's a moron and I can't stand watching people embarrass themselves.

I think the challenge is that the show has and is portrayed as being truthful when it comes to the bidding process and what's known about the contents of the lockers.

If they violated that premise then I think they do need some sort of disclaimer just like Tru-TV now does for their shows.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Boys122;4892801 said:
Wow, I'm a fan of this show too. So, Storage Wars Texas is probably fake as well.

All reality shows are fake, homie. Especially all the towing shows. In shows like The Bachelor, the producers will force contestants to stay up all night, then give them alcohol so that they will fight.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4894293 said:
Man, Bernice is hilarious...

Her ability to take on men and kick their butts is hilarious.. lol
You actually think that show is real? :lmao2:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rynie;4894419 said:
You actually think that show is real? :lmao2:
Uhm no. But I didn't see the need to add a disclaimer that it's fake to note the parts that I found funny.

rynochop

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4894425 said:
Uhm no. But I didn't see the need to add a disclaimer that it's fake to note the parts that I found funny.

Probly to him you did..lesson learned.ha

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Seriously. As they racked up the daily 'shed tallies' it was obvious this show was scripted. Half the stuff they obtained would be for a very small part of a very small collectors world. And you KNOW they'd get jipped.

They own thrift stores for cryin out loud.

Anywho.......I liked the show. Except for the 'cliff hanging stay tuned after the commercial for the BIG find' schtick.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My wife thought the Kardashians was real. Every time I would tell her that it was scripted, she would tell me I don't know what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The one that really scored on this show, albeit before it started, was Nablia Hannis...

She bought a locker once owned by Paris Hilton for $2,775 and then sold it to the website parisxposed.com for $2,000,000...

Apparently one of Hilton's business managers had lapsed on paying for the unit for several months and it went to auction without her knowledge at the time...

rkell87

Reaction score
Joshmil53;4892759 said:
Brandi had plastic surgery?

she was a stripper before so she probably already had fake breasts. I'm kinda thinking it might be that nabila chick that they tried to make a regular on the show.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4894336 said:

Who actually needs that?

actually yes, many people saw the show and thought, hey that looks easy, I can do that! and quit their jobs and bought a store to fill from storage auctions because of this show. As a result the price of lockers across the country has gone up, affected the people who where already doing it before.

not saying it isn't their fault for 1. believing it, 2. not doing some real research before hand and being so impulsive, just pointing out that it has had an affect and the only guys really benefiting are the auctioneer and to an extent the people who forget to pay for their locker

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rkell87;4896210 said:
actually yes, many people saw the show and thought, hey that looks easy, I can do that! and quit their jobs and bought a store to fill from storage auctions because of this show. As a result the price of lockers across the country has gone up, affected the people who where already doing it before.

not saying it isn't their fault for 1. believing it, 2. not doing some real research before hand and being so impulsive, just pointing out that it has had an affect and the only guys really benefiting are the auctioneer and to an extent the people who forget to pay for their locker
I don't know if the show really affected the price of storage lockers, but I do know the price of them has gotten ridiculous.

I'm contemplating having my contractor guy build a backyard storage unit for me. I could save some cash long-term by doing it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4896035 said:
My wife thought the Kardashians was real. Every time I would tell her that it was scripted, she would tell me I don't know what I was talking about. :rolleyes:

Can you blamer her? Who would think those girls have the ability to read and follow a script? Or are good enough actors to pretend to be as dumb as they come across?