Story about Sam Williams growing up

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
His sexual assault charges got dropped a few months later which tells me there was absolutely no evidence backing up accusations.

I will never judge somebody solely of accusations. In my younger years, I was accused of a severely serious crime that I did not commit (Non sexual)! I had newspaper articles written about the incident, news crews outside of my home and my face plastered all over the news. Everybody thought I committed the crime because I was arrested & charged with it. $10k in lawyer fees and 8 months later the DA dismissed the charges as not one piece of evidence led to me.

It sucks that we live in a world where people judge others simply off of accusations. Nobody even cares about the outcome, everybody will consider Sam along with everybody else in those shoes as the accusations made against them.

So… Yeah, I couldn’t care less about accusations without guilty verdicts.

Same. Besides, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Sorry to hear you had to go through that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I have a friend who spent a year in prison, because he couldn't afford to fight it. He would've lost his house, leaving his wife and kids with no place to go. If you win a court case, the opposition should have to reimburse your costs.

In the Roman times, this was the case and then some. If you were innocent, the Romans would have the accused pay all the fees, in this case, the state. If it was a false accusation based on lies, then the accuser would face the same punishment that the accused would have gotten. Say that someone maliciously said that someone killed another person and brought them to court. If it turns out it was a lie, then the accuser would be executed.

JBond

Reaction score
His sexual assault charges got dropped a few months later which tells me there was absolutely no evidence backing up accusations.

I will never judge somebody solely of accusations. In my younger years, I was accused of a severely serious crime that I did not commit (Non sexual)! I had newspaper articles written about the incident, news crews outside of my home and my face plastered all over the news. Everybody thought I committed the crime because I was arrested & charged with it. $10k in lawyer fees and 8 months later the DA dismissed the charges as not one piece of evidence led to me.

It sucks that we live in a world where people judge others simply off of accusations. Nobody even cares about the outcome, everybody will consider Sam along with everybody else in those shoes as the accusations made against them.

Tracing your IP and google searching you now..... lol

Jarntt

Reaction score

No, that is not necessarily true at all. Don't misconstrue that as me saying he was guilty, just that your statement is not necessarily true

Jarntt

Reaction score
https://www.djournal.com/sports/col...cle_aa60428f-b319-50f5-b7a7-35e99cf0d765.html

'This is his shot to get it right.'
Ole Miss standout Sam Williams has made mistakes. His son is motivation to never make them again.
OXFORD • Each and every time he gazes upon the face of his son, Sam Williams can’t help but think about where he’s been, what he’s been through, what he’s done and where he’s going.

Sam Jr. — or S.J., as his family calls the 1-year-old — is Williams’ chance at something better than he had. And it’s constant motivation to stay the course.

The star Ole Miss defensive end grew up in rural Alabama. He and his siblings were taken from their mother’s custody when he was just 6 or 7 years old. He was raised by his grandmother and then with an aunt. At one point in his life, he lived on the floor of a friend’s living room…….
Thanks for posting. This was a great read. Rooting for the kid. Many people will never understand what it was like growing up in situations like this.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The nuclear family is so critical to a child's development. Broken families have exponentially greater odds at producing broken children. I am glad to hear he is excited about being a Father and wants things to be different for his child. That kind of positive attitude makes a big difference

HungryLion

Reaction score
I will say just from his tape hes a better pure pass rusher than Taco. Taco was stiff as a board i still dont kno how he got 10 sacks his senior year at michigan.

Oh for sure. No argument there at all.

Taco was nowhere near as quick and didn’t have a first step like Williams.

Taco was a bum who lucked into a bunch of sacks one year in college and fooled the cowboys into taking him.

thanks marinelli

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've lost patience with the risks we take in round 2. However, this young man was brought up tough and has dealt with adversity. He knows he made mistakes and maybe, just maybe his son is exactly what he needed to turn his life around, and focus on his goals. Those of yall who have kids know how the entire decision making process changes with that responsibility. A good number of young men grow up quickly after realizing how important they are to their child's well being. Hopefully it continues to resonate with Sam. I'm excited to see his potential unleashed.
and hes talented. This isn't a feel good story of turnaround just for some guy, hes got 1st round pass rush talent and has not only improved personally and in life but as football player he got better every year and last year was his best..hes not peaked yet..

not sure what type of impact he has early but he sure seems better than the 3-5 round draft grades folks had on him..underrated IMO

who wil be right the naysayer or those choosing to see his upside.

Reactions: CWR

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Far be it from me to break up this he-didntdo-nuthing moment but can the accused Sam Williams play?

And for the apologists out there, rarely do people get accused for no reason. Rarely.
Even slam-dunk cases such as O.J.'s get derailed by recants, witnesses who don't show up, idiot juries, missing weapons and the vissisitudes of D.A.s
Blimey, have you ever met a criminal who says he's guilty?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlcl_tZh1qQDufY9k7BM9ttzhFmS7lgsnBSg&usqp=CAU

Wiill Smith, Snoop, Robert Blake and millions of non-celebrities have beaten the rap on technicalities, so I tend to believe the prosecutors and not the perps.

Face it, Jerry likes bad boys and those "wrongly accused." He can't stay away from them.

you are entitled to your opinion but it is incredibly naive to think that people don’t use the legal system as a weapon. Especially if they think they can gain something. I have no idea if Williams did something or not. Nor do you. All we can go off of is the fact that he has not been convicted of anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not really a big college football fan, but this dude was First Team All SEC and an All-American while putting up 12.5 sacks, 16 TFL, 4 forced fumbles and a defensive touchdown last year.

Statistically, he had a better season then all the DE’s taken ahead of him, including the top 2 overall picks while playing in the “toughest conference“.

Dude seems like an absolute stud. On paper, it would seem as a shock that he wasn’t the top DE taken. Are the stats lying here? What happened to make him slip that far? Was it the allegations?
his numbers last year were nearly identical to Hutchinsons..not saying hes as good but people are underestimating Sams production and talent.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Far be it from me to break up this he-didntdo-nuthing moment but can the accused Sam Williams play?

And for the apologists out there, rarely do people get accused for no reason. Rarely.
Even slam-dunk cases such as O.J.'s get derailed by recants, witnesses who don't show up, idiot juries, missing weapons and the vissisitudes of D.A.s
Blimey, have you ever met a criminal who says he's guilty?
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlcl_tZh1qQDufY9k7BM9ttzhFmS7lgsnBSg&usqp=CAU

Wiill Smith, Snoop, Robert Blake and millions of non-celebrities have beaten the rap on technicalities, so I tend to believe the prosecutors and not the perps.

Face it, Jerry likes bad boys and those "wrongly accused." He can't stay away from them.
troll..move on all you do is spew negativity.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Sam Williams had crazy production and tape to watch!
I'm rooting for him! Great draft pick! What number is he
going to be? Diggs has 7.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
you are entitled to your opinion but it is incredibly naive to think that people don’t use the legal system as a weapon. Especially if they think they can gain something. I have no idea if Williams did something or not. Nor do you. All we can go off of is the fact that he has not been convicted of anything.

People use the system as a weapon?
Prosecutors and police conspiring across this nation?
Talk about naive...
Yes, O.J. and countless innocents have been targeted and the chain of the legal system is one big cauldron of conspiracy.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Same. Besides, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Sorry to hear you had to go through that.
That’s just a saying. You don’t arrest somebody and make it public information without a verdict. It ruins peoples live. If they want to make it public information after a verdict, that’s cool… but to arrest & charge skmeone with a crime is more so guilty until proven innocent.

lqmac1

Reaction score
No, that is not necessarily true at all. Don't misconstrue that as me saying he was guilty, just that your statement is not necessarily true
I mean I’ve kind of experienced that. DAs don’t just drop charges, especially of that magnitude because they have something on you.

And this is the exact reaction that I was saying at the end of that statement. No matter what happens, people will always question the non guilty verdict in the back of their mind. It’s bull**** bc that charge will follow him for the rest of his life even though he was innocent. DA ain’t dropping that for nothing dude, I promise you