Story about Sam Williams growing up

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Great article! Hope he keeps moving forward. Love this tape of Quinn and him. I think Quinn was like “I need to move faster.”

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That’s just a saying. You don’t arrest somebody and make it public information without a verdict. It ruins peoples live. If they want to make it public information after a verdict, that’s cool… but to arrest & charge skmeone with a crime is more so guilty until proven innocent.

I agree. If anything, it should be illegal to send out that sort of information until AFTER a conviction.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Awesome story on what seems like to be a good young man.
I’m an old man now and this occurred many years ago
My son was a D1 recruit. He played as a freshmen and was all conf and 2nd team all American as a junior. Football was his life and he had the talent to play in the NFL....
He broke up with his gf from a very wealthy family who was a very popular girl he’d been going with for 2.5yrs and we all assumed he would marry her eventually.
Asked him why they broke up.....he said she was a nut case and he was tired of dealing with it.
Three days later cops showed at weight room and made a big show arresting my son for rape and ag sex assault.
He was suspended from the team. He went into a severe depression and tried to take his own life. He survived.
A year later and over 32K in attorney and investigator fees the trial date was set.
Day of trial the b**** recanted everything and said she was just angry for my son dumping her.
Her wealthy family sent her off to a private mental hospital. Cops filed charges on her but then dropped them for being mentally incompetent.
My son never played another down of football. He went into the USMC where’s he’s been for over 20yrs and was highly decorated in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I’m couldn’t be more proud of him than if he’d played ball and ended up in the HOF
Haven’t told this story in years...not sure why I’m telling it now except to reaffirm being investigated or even charged with a crime does not automatically include guilt OR lack of character.....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Kid looks like Micah's brother ........ they can be the QB killing Twins.

DandyTom64

Reaction score
In the Roman times, this was the case and then some. If you were innocent, the Romans would have the accused pay all the fees, in this case, the state. If it was a false accusation based on lies, then the accuser would face the same punishment that the accused would have gotten. Say that someone maliciously said that someone killed another person and brought them to court. If it turns out it was a lie, then the accuser would be executed.
Maybe a little harsh but a good way to be done with liars.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Maybe a little harsh but a good way to be done with liars.

Well, the Romans were famous for being harsh, but it would be a good deterrent for what sadly happened to people like Williams, @lqmac1, and to the son of @OGCowboy . It's awful to hear how these false accusations really cause the problems they do. What's worse is it really harms some people's futures no matter how untrue it is. I think instituting some this practice from the Romans in a more civilised way would be good.

conner01

Reaction score
I've lost patience with the risks we take in round 2. However, this young man was brought up tough and has dealt with adversity. He knows he made mistakes and maybe, just maybe his son is exactly what he needed to turn his life around, and focus on his goals. Those of yall who have kids know how the entire decision making process changes with that responsibility. A good number of young men grow up quickly after realizing how important they are to their child's well being. Hopefully it continues to resonate with Sam. I'm excited to see his potential unleashed.
I think he’s a safe second
24 was the risk pick to me
Love the physical traits but at 24 I prefer a proven guy

Reactions: CWR

FVSTONE

Reaction score
https://www.djournal.com/sports/col...cle_aa60428f-b319-50f5-b7a7-35e99cf0d765.html

'This is his shot to get it right.'
Ole Miss standout Sam Williams has made mistakes. His son is motivation to never make them again.
OXFORD • Each and every time he gazes upon the face of his son, Sam Williams can’t help but think about where he’s been, what he’s been through, what he’s done and where he’s going.

Sam Jr. — or S.J., as his family calls the 1-year-old — is Williams’ chance at something better than he had. And it’s constant motivation to stay the course.

The star Ole Miss defensive end grew up in rural Alabama. He and his siblings were taken from their mother’s custody when he was just 6 or 7 years old. He was raised by his grandmother and then with an aunt. At one point in his life, he lived on the floor of a friend’s living room…….
Tighten up that cinch son, you're about to get a wild ride on that pony they call the NFL!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well, the Romans were famous for being harsh, but it would be a good deterrent for what sadly happened to people like Williams, @lqmac1, and to the son of @OGCowboy . It's awful to hear how these false accusations really cause the problems they do. What's worse is it really harms some people's futures no matter how untrue it is. I think instituting some this practice from the Romans in a more civilised way would be good.
The Last Duel shows how the French system worked. Story where one guys wife claimed another guy raped her. The men had a duel and if her husband loses she is set to burn at the stake.

shabazz

Reaction score
On a personal note, I couldn’t care less what he does off the field…..but if it keeps him from playing than it’s another matter all together.

khiladi

Reaction score
Not really a big college football fan, but this dude was First Team All SEC and an All-American while putting up 12.5 sacks, 16 TFL, 4 forced fumbles and a defensive touchdown last year.

Statistically, he had a better season then all the DE’s taken ahead of him, including the top 2 overall picks while playing in the “toughest conference“.

Dude seems like an absolute stud. On paper, it would seem as a shock that he wasn’t the top DE taken. Are the stats lying here? What happened to make him slip that far? Was it the allegations?

Read in the comments on this video that Ole Miss runs primarily a base 3-3-5 defense. So he was posting these numbers while their defense was essentially rushing 3 a significant portion of the time. That appears to be true from the tape. Look at him getting pressure with 3 and also teams sending extra rushers his way to block as well.

The guy also has a motor and doesn’t give up on plays.

Last edited:

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
It's great that Sam uses his son as Motivation to stay on the straight and narrow path of life, but where would he be if it weren't for Mrs. Cain "Mom" and Coach Davis? Their Care, Guidance, Love, Tough Love - helped to mold him into the Man he is today. Without their countless hours of Being there for him and giving the Stability and Support as if he were their own son, we wouldn't know the name Sam Williams.. It's a heartwarming story.. I'll be rooting for him.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I agree. If anything, it should be illegal to send out that sort of information until AFTER a conviction.
It ruins peoples lives! Like I said earlier, I had to move out of my hometown because it continuously got brought up by people after the charges were dismissed.

The funny part is, everybody knew I got charged, but not everybody knew the case got dismissed and didn’t even make it to trial. At least make the outcome as public as accusations SMH

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It ruins peoples lives! Like I said earlier, I had to move out of my hometown because it continuously got brought up by people after the charges were dismissed.

The funny part is, everybody knew I got charged, but not everybody knew the case got dismissed and didn’t even make it to trial. At least make the outcome as public as accusations SMH

Exactly, and make it clear that the accused is innocent of the charges.

lqmac1

Reaction score
Read in the comments on this video that Ole Miss runs primarily a base 3-3-5 defense. So he was posting these numbers while their defense was essentially rushing 3 a significant portion of the time. That appears to be true from the tape. Look at him getting pressure with 3 and also teams sending extra rushers his way to block as well.

The guy also has a motor and doesn’t give up on plays.

Yeah I didn’t know what type of defense they were running when I was looking at his highlights. I figured it was a 3-4. I didn’t want to say this yesterday because I’m not much of a college football fan, but we got the best pass rusher in the draft. By a mile at that, or so it appears!