Strahan calls Erik Williams the meanest player

JonesBoys

Reaction score
A tip of the cap to Jimmy Johnson for trading Steve Walsh the saints and using those picks to get Russell Maryland and Eric and Erik Williams. :thumbup:

Wasn't that Jerrah who did that?? He was really the master mind.

plymkr

Reaction score
I've searched for this high and low and can't find it. After the 95 NFC championship game Reggie White was doing a press conference and he was really mad. He was talking about how dirty Erik was and how he got a cut under his eye. He kept saying, "I'm mad about this game". I got a lot of respect for the late Reggie White but he was throwing a temper tantrum at the PC. I wish I had a video of it.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I watched R-White tap out of a game after going heads up with Williams! The announcer was giving Reggie all this love and saying how great he was as Williams was beating AND clubbing White on EVERY play. When the camera was put on White going to the sideline you could tell he was a beat man. I don't think he returned to the game, which was funny because he didn't have any injuries except for the pot marks on his head..................Ha-Haaaaaa!

Remember The BigE delivering a Bolo Punch to William Fuller of the egirls after the play was over. My fellow Co Worker (also a boys fan) the next morning he and I was crying all over our office tables laughing at the Big Nasty.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you get a chance to hear Michael Strahan's interview with Dan Patrick from today, you should check it out.

He calls Eric Williams the meanest player he ever played against and says "The Preacher", Reggie White, wanted to fight Williams every time they played each other.

Fun to listen to.
Reggie White didn't really want to fight EW. It he wanted to do he would have done it.

Nobody wanted to fight EW.

Larry Allen bullied defenders because it was fun.

Eric Williams wanted to kill them and eat their children.

EW's own teammates were scared of him, especially on game day (per Darren Woodson).

I've heard multiple local DFW media people say that EW was standing behind Jimmy when Jimmy shoved Charles Haley into the toilet, flushed and said that's your career.
- It's well known that Haley avoided EW because there was zero chance that EW would tolerate his antics in the lockerroom.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you get a chance to hear Michael Strahan's interview with Dan Patrick from today, you should check it out.

He calls Eric Williams the meanest player he ever played against and says "The Preacher", Reggie White, wanted to fight Williams every time they played each other.

Fun to listen to.
I’d put my money on Williams. He was a bad ***. White was a Preacher.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Fun to listen to.

I think Tyler has that streak in him too.....the problem is that rules now are stricter and he can't get away with half the stuff Williams did. Williams wanted to punish his opponent, Tyler just needs to block/neutralize them. Not get flagged.

But yeah, Erik was one bad dude....:bow:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
At his peak, Big E was the best OL ever to wear a Cowboys uniform. Unfortunately, his peak was cut short due to that horrendous car accident. I wore 79 in high school & college because of him. He’s one of my top 2 favorite Cowboys of all time, Haley being the other.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I've searched for this high and low and can't find it. After the 95 NFC championship game Reggie White was doing a press conference and he was really mad. He was talking about how dirty Erik was and how he got a cut under his eye. He kept saying, "I'm mad about this game". I got a lot of respect for the late Reggie White but he was throwing a temper tantrum at the PC. I wish I had a video of it.
Reggie dud that everytime he faced Erik....they always showed him pouting on the sideline... was always a great battle..

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Gogan and E. Williams were both nasty. The difference was Gogan was dirty, too.

Imagine an offensive line comprised of two Larry Allen's at guard and two Erik Williams at tackle.....

Center was our only weak spot.