Strange Encounters. Personal Stories Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimrose

Reaction score
I Had a good biker buddy
( dead now) I'd grew up with as kids,his dad was into oil production and we'd BBQ as families together, well they had bought a ouija board and the parents were at the kitchen table playing it, and the festivities concluded pretty quickly ( afterwards I'd heard it foretold of the death of a daughter, they had 1, mom &dad had 2) about 3-4 months later their daughter was killed in a car accident,,,, they never were really close after that,,,fast forward about 15+ years, he comes over to my house out in the sticks, he was slamming meth pretty heavy by then and had that damn Ouija board with him and wanted me to get rid of it for him ,so I'd built a fire in a burn barrel out back, snapped the game board in half with a pretty loud crack that looked like sparks shot out of it and pitched it into the flames of the fire and it issued a human like scream as it burnedo_O
( this is 100% straight up true fact)

Wow. Crazy. I've always heard you aren't supposed to burn them. But when people have, it seems like it emits higher flames and darker smoke. Maybe that scream sound is where they say that if burned, it releases "whatever" may be trapped in it. I do wonder what happened that made your friend all of a sudden decide he needed to destroy it. :eek:

I still have my mom's old Ouija board. I don't know what to do with it. We "retired" it decades ago, but I'm too sentimental to throw it out. It's just sort of a family heirloom now I guess. lol. I already told my son that when I die, he's getting it. :laugh:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I Had a good biker buddy
( dead now) I'd grew up with as kids,his dad was into oil production and we'd BBQ as families together, well they had bought a ouija board and the parents were at the kitchen table playing it, and the festivities concluded pretty quickly ( afterwards I'd heard it foretold of the death of a daughter, they had 1, mom &dad had 2) about 3-4 months later their daughter was killed in a car accident,,,, they never were really close after that,,,fast forward about 15+ years, he comes over to my house out in the sticks, he was slamming meth pretty heavy by then and had that damn Ouija board with him and wanted me to get rid of it for him ,so I'd built a fire in a burn barrel out back, snapped the game board in half with a pretty loud crack that looked like sparks shot out of it and pitched it into the flames of the fire and it issued a human like scream as it burnedo_O
( this is 100% straight up true fact)
That's some creepy stuff there Melon. Gave me goosebumps.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
My ex-wife and I visited Gettysburg for our Honeymoon back in 2003. She fancied herself a photographer and one morning we got up early so she could get some photographs of cemetery ridge at sunrise. After she had finished up, we headed back to the car to go to some other spots around town. As we pulled away, I noticed the outline of a saber running down the far left side of the windshield. Then, as we kept driving, another saber on the far right side of the windshield started becoming more visible, and then other shapes in the middle that resembled things like a binoculars case, satchel, etc. Now, when I say an outline appeared, I mean it was like these items were dirty and were laid on top of the windshield leaving an impression of dirt/oil/whatever. It was like someone with these items had camped out on our windshield.

Now, at first, I figured some people were playing tricks with us or something until I tried to run the wipers to clean things off. It turns out everything was on the inside of the windshield, not the outside. The outlines remained on the windhshield for the rest of our trip, but had mostly faded by the time we returned it to the car rental place. I wish we had gotten a picture of it, but this was before smart phones, and we only had a film camera, which was using expensive black and white film at the time. My wife decided to save the film and I'm not sure if it would have showed up well anyway. I don't really have an explanation for it what happened.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Wow. Crazy. I've always heard you aren't supposed to burn them. But when people have, it seems like it emits higher flames and darker smoke. Maybe that scream sound is where they say that if burned, it releases "whatever" may be trapped in it. I do wonder what happened that made your friend all of a sudden decide he needed to destroy it. :eek:

I still have my mom's old Ouija board. I don't know what to do with it. We "retired" it decades ago, but I'm too sentimental to throw it out. It's just sort of a family heirloom now I guess. lol. I already told my son that when I die, he's getting it. :laugh:
Come to think about it, he said it had been giving him the
" heebie-jeebie's",,,I don't know for sure but I think he'd been playing around with it.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
My ex-wife and I visited Gettysburg for our Honeymoon back in 2003. She fancied herself a photographer and one morning we got up early so she could get some photographs of cemetery ridge at sunrise. After she had finished up, we headed back to the car to go to some other spots around town. As we pulled away, I noticed the outline of a saber running down the far left side of the windshield. Then, as we kept driving, another saber on the far right side of the windshield started becoming more visible, and then other shapes in the middle that resembled things like a binoculars case, satchel, etc. Now, when I say an outline appeared, I mean it was like these items were dirty and were laid on top of the windshield leaving an impression of dirt/oil/whatever. It was like someone with these items had camped out on our windshield.

Now, at first, I figured some people were playing tricks with us or something until I tried to run the wipers to clean things off. It turns out everything was on the inside of the windshield, not the outside. The outlines remained on the windhshield for the rest of our trip, but had mostly faded by the time we returned it to the car rental place. I wish we had gotten a picture of it, but this was before smart phones, and we only had a film camera, which was using expensive black and white film at the time. My wife decided to save the film and I'm not sure if it would have showed up well anyway. I don't really have an explanation for it what happened.

Man, that's pretty weird, what kinda 'vibes' were you picking up on as the sun came up?
I know you were on honeymoon and probably all up in love at the time,but, like did it seem normal, with birds and such coming to life with the sun warming up or still kinda quiet and cold?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Man, that's pretty weird, what kinda 'vibes' were you picking up on as the sun came up?
I know you were on honeymoon and probably all up in love at the time,but, like did it seem normal, with birds and such coming to life with the sun warming up or still kinda quiet and cold?

As far as I recall, it all seemed fairly normal.

jwitten82

Reaction score
...Boo!...
aO44MB5.jpg
Why you doxing me, bruh?

:p

aria

Reaction score
Since I can't sleep I'll tell another story. After my f'ed up experience I described above, I stayed away from the "darker" side of things for a few years but eventually started messing around again but not nearly to the degree I originally had. I attended a military school from 9-12th grade and although we were always busy, things would tend to get monotonous so some of us would look for cheap thrills. Whether it be cliff jumping on our one free day, taking a furlough and going to Juarez, drinking cough syrup or playing a video game we would usually find something.

Starting my junior year myself and my roomate started messing around with the Quija board. We would have mixed results with the planchette moving, sometimes fast and sometimes slow. Occasionally it would spell things out but nothing really coherent. Fast forward to my senior year. Same roomate, same Quija board but we took it out damn near every night. For the first few weeks the planchette would move really slow but the more consistently we used it, the more quickly and coherently it reacted. After about a month, it got to the point where it would start doing a figure 8 (no idea if there's significance behind this) on the board in fast motion as soon as we barely touched it.

My roomate and myself were both believers in it so neither one of us ever had any doubts that the other was moving it but I had read that either one of us could be moving it subconsciously. Anyways, as the reaction and coherency picked up so did our interest. It became addictive and we would find a time to use it every day even if only for a few minutes. I did everything I could to entice the spirit, including inviting it into my body, and even started sleeping with it under my pillow. So not that anything really scary happened, like in my first story, but enough to make me think it's real and works. Here are a few things that happened as we got to "know" the spirit.

1) I had lost my keys, I asked it where they were and it gave me an exact room number. Sure enough, the keys were there. It could have been my roomate messing with me but he didn't even know the person whose room I left them in and I sure as hell didn't know the room number.

2) It claimed to be my late grandfather. This one hurt because personally I believe it was something evil pretending to be my grandfather but it knew every question I asked so it's almost as if I was actually talking to him. It told me the name of my dog growing up and the exact street address where I lived when I was younger. I realized maybe I was subconsciously moving it so I asked it a question I didn't know the answer to. When my grandfather died approx 7-8 years prior to this, there was a man at his funeral with a very distinguished scar across his face. I never met him or heard his name, I just remember his face. I asked the "spirit" who it was and it spelled out a name. I called my mom later that day and asked her who the man with the scar across his face was and she told me the exact name it had spelled out on the board and then she asked "why"? I don't even remember what I told her because I was literally at a loss of words.

3) It repeatedly went to 911 on multiple occasions with no prompt. When I asked it how I would die it said "fire" every time. This was a few years before I even thought of being a firefighter. Hopefully that doesn't come true.

4) I'm a firm believer that if you don't believe in it, it won't work. By this point myself, my roomate and two other s were using it quite regularly. We had just sat down to use it and it started flying around the board as usual when it suddenly stopped. That was really weird because it never just "stopped". As soon as it did, there was a knock at the door. One of my friends got up and opened the door, it was another friend of ours who had no idea we were into the Quija board. We let him in and he laughed at us, saying it was BS. In the past, I never had any success when there was a non believer in the room which is why I think it stopped right before he knocked but this time was different for whatever reason, maybe he pissed the spirit off. We put our fingers back on the planchette and it started hauling azz. I can't remember the name but as it spelled it out we would say each letter out loud. After it was done, we looked at each other like *** then looked up at my friend who called it BS and his face was literally pale (he's hispanic) and his eyes were just staring at the board with his mouth open. He started tearing up and all he said was "that's what my dad used to call me" then he quickly left the room and never spoke another word about it. Come to find out his dad had died in a plane crash when he was younger (which none of us knew) and only his dad ever called him that name.

I graduated shortly after and still have the same board but haven't mucked with it since and probably never will. I truly believe they work but the person using them must believe and they have to be patient, like try for several minutes a day for a week or more, without any distractions. You can't expect results overnight (not saying that can't happen either). I'm also sure there is some validity to moving the planchette without knowing it and answering your own questions but those are just some of the examples that proved otherwise in my experience with it. The older I am and due to my past experiences with the supernatural I don't feel the need nor want to mess with something potentially so evil for a cheap thrill, I've seen enough.

Small lie, it's still somewhat enticing :)

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Come on man. Return with me to the dark side and together. We will give the world, a vulgar display of power!
I always like seeing our posts one after the other. 2 of my favorite bands with 2 of my favorite albums all on the same screen.

As for the dark side...I think my head is f'ed enough at this point without any outside influences needed :p

timb2

Reaction score
I travel for work and I have to stay at this one old hotel,it;s beautiful but I have had a couple of instances and just this last Sunday night there and I have been out of work since

1st one-I was sleeping in the King Size bed on my side and I felt like weight like someone was sleeping next to me. I didn't think anything of it thinking maybe my body was just in an awkward position,then I felt someone tug my hair and I turned around real quick and even looked under the bed also the door is lock

2nd-I was sleeping and I had hand up by my side and I felt something grab balling hand in a fist pulling my hand down and I said "This is just a dream" then I realized my eyes were wide open.

3rd-just happened landed me in an emergency room same freaking hotel. I had a nightmare but when I went back to sleep I kept seeing a strobe light all the lights are off. Didn't matter how I slept this strobe light was bright and in my eyes. NO TV,Clock,nothing. Every 15-20 minutes I got up from 8:30 pm till 3:00 am. My legs were sore but I had gone to the hotel weight room earlier. I got back home and relieved to be home my leg just gave out walking. I thought I might have fallen but it seemed my leg gave out. Woke Tuesday Morning and on my leg is red like blood my leg is hot as everything. Went to the Doctor who sends me to the Emergency Room asap.They think it's a blood clot.They do their checks and cannot find a blood clot anywhere.My leg was like burned but from the inside.They thought it could have been a spider bite,but I think I would remember a spider biting. They said it was not an allergic reation,but something always happens at that freaking hotel.....

Makes me remember Bruce Lee felt like Death was tracking and following him. That hotel I am beginning to hate. It's like from 1900's. When you see your life flash before you eyes,you realize what is really important and what is not. Also I have been a Ghost naysayer but there is something out there.

aria

Reaction score
I travel for work and I have to stay at this one old hotel,it;s beautiful but I have had a couple of instances and just this last Sunday night there and I have been out of work since

1st one-I was sleeping in the King Size bed on my side and I felt like weight like someone was sleeping next to me. I didn't think anything of it thinking maybe my body was just in an awkward position,then I felt someone tug my hair and I turned around real quick and even looked under the bed also the door is lock

2nd-I was sleeping and I had hand up by my side and I felt something grab balling hand in a fist pulling my hand down and I said "This is just a dream" then I realized my eyes were wide open.

3rd-just happened landed me in an emergency room same freaking hotel. I had a nightmare but when I went back to sleep I kept seeing a strobe light all the lights are off. Didn't matter how I slept this strobe light was bright and in my eyes. NO TV,Clock,nothing. Every 15-20 minutes I got up from 8:30 pm till 3:00 am. My legs were sore but I had gone to the hotel weight room earlier. I got back home and relieved to be home my leg just gave out walking. I thought I might have fallen but it seemed my leg gave out. Woke Tuesday Morning and on my leg is red like blood my leg is hot as everything. Went to the Doctor who sends me to the Emergency Room asap.They think it's a blood clot.They do their checks and cannot find a blood clot anywhere.My leg was like burned but from the inside.They thought it could have been a spider bite,but I think I would remember a spider biting. They said it was not an allergic reation,but something always happens at that freaking hotel.....

Makes me remember Bruce Lee felt like Death was tracking and following him. That hotel I am beginning to hate. It's like from 1900's. When you see your life flash before you eyes,you realize what is really important and what is not. Also I have been a Ghost naysayer but there is something out there.
Interesting story, thanks for posting. As for the leg, any chance you got a small cut on it or something similar? I only ask because a few years ago I was lifting weights when I felt a small prick in my thigh. I looed down and there was a just a circle the size of a pencil tip. I ooked under the seat and there was a f'in nail exposed.

The first thing I thought was "I hope it doesn't get infected" because gyms are notorious bacteria traps. Throughout the rest of the day the pain got worse. When I got up to go to work half my damn thigh was red, slightly swollen and very warm. I ended up going to the ER and they had to give me prescription antibiotics. Theys said if I waited another few hours they would probably have had to admit me and give me IV antibiotics for some sort of MRSA.

Anyways, how'd your leg end up?

kimrose

Reaction score
Great stories, yall! Love it! Thanks for participating, keep em comin'. Aria, you are quite the story teller! You should submit those to one of the creepy pasta channels on youtube. :)

I have another story from my childhood home. I was nine when we moved into this house, on New Year's Day 1979. Don't know if I mentioned that already or not. Anyway, it was about two and a half years later, in the summer. My cousin Chuck would always come and stay with us in the summertime. He was 5 years younger than me, so I guess he was almost seven and I had recently turned twelve at the time. So, my parents found a chest of drawers with big mirror for sale in the want ads. They were going to go look at it, it was at a lady's house across town. Chucky and I decided to go play in the front yard, and after a while we were thirsty, so I went into the house to get us a couple of drinks. Well, as soon as I turned on the kitchen light, the ice box door flew open and hit the wall right next to my hand, which was still on the light switch!! I booked it the heck out of that house so fast I couldn't stop running til I got to the middle of the yard. LOL. We stayed in the front yard til my parents got back with the drawers they had bought, about an hour later, front door still wide open, letting all the Texas summer heat in. I didn't care in the slightest, but my folks sure did. They were not happy about that! lol.

Speaking of those drawers, flash forward to when I was 15 years old. A friend of mine had come over and we were getting ready to go to the local roller skating rink. I was in my parent's bathroom brushing my hair (I had stopped using my bathroom by that time, because it scared me too much to be in there alone, lol, another story I have with this same friend, maybe I'll tell someday), and my friend was standing in their bedroom and we were talking. All of a sudden she let out a scream and ran into the living room. I ran after her and asked what was wrong. She said she was looking into my mom's dresser mirror and leaned forward to check her eye makeup, and there was another pair of eyes looking back at her, instead of her own! She never came to my house again, as this was the second weird experience she had had there, which was sad because she was a regular fixture at my house, and considered my mom to be her "adopted" mom.

I had another friend later that same year spend the night with me, but she couldn't make it the whole night through. She begged my dad to take her home at 2 in the morning, because something kept tugging on her feet in my bed. She never came back either, for more than a few minutes, and never walked past the front room again. :(

aria

Reaction score
Great stories, yall! Love it! Thanks for participating, keep em comin'. Aria, you are quite the story teller! You should submit those to one of the creepy pasta channels on youtube. :)

I have another story from my childhood home. I was nine when we moved into this house, on New Year's Day 1979. Don't know if I mentioned that already or not. Anyway, it was about two and a half years later, in the summer. My cousin Chuck would always come and stay with us in the summertime. He was 5 years younger than me, so I guess he was almost seven and I had recently turned twelve at the time. So, my parents found a chest of drawers with big mirror for sale in the want ads. They were going to go look at it, it was at a lady's house across town. Chucky and I decided to go play in the front yard, and after a while we were thirsty, so I went into the house to get us a couple of drinks. Well, as soon as I turned on the kitchen light, the ice box door flew open and hit the wall right next to my hand, which was still on the light switch!! I booked it the heck out of that house so fast I couldn't stop running til I got to the middle of the yard. LOL. We stayed in the front yard til my parents got back with the drawers they had bought, about an hour later, front door still wide open, letting all the Texas summer heat in. I didn't care in the slightest, but my folks sure did. They were not happy about that! lol.

Speaking of those drawers, flash forward to when I was 15 years old. A friend of mine had come over and we were getting ready to go to the local roller skating rink. I was in my parent's bathroom brushing my hair (I had stopped using my bathroom by that time, because it scared me too much to be in there alone, lol, another story I have with this same friend, maybe I'll tell someday), and my friend was standing in their bedroom and we were talking. All of a sudden she let out a scream and ran into the living room. I ran after her and asked what was wrong. She said she was looking into my mom's dresser mirror and leaned forward to check her eye makeup, and there was another pair of eyes looking back at her, instead of her own! She never came to my house again, as this was the second weird experience she had had there, which was sad because she was a regular fixture at my house, and considered my mom to be her "adopted" mom.

I had another friend later that same year spend the night with me, but she couldn't make it the whole night through. She begged my dad to take her home at 2 in the morning, because something kept tugging on her feet in my bed. She never came back either, for more than a few minutes, and never walked past the front room again. :(
Just curious, was it an older house? I know you were young but did you ever research the history of the area and/or house at the time or later in life? Did your parents ever mention having any experiences?

Melonfeud

Reaction score

" CREEPY" is an understatement :omg:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I've got another 'odd' true tale that wasn't planning on sharing but what the hell, huh?
I was cohabiting with a little spun out spinner chick for awhile and she'd drug home this big black Crystal from like a giant geode ,I mean this thing was the size of a turkey roasting pan(if not bigger) and probably weighed 30-40 lbs. And the bad vibes and untimely cloud of bad luck immediately seemed to have moved in the day she brought it home, well ,she was turned up AWOL a couple weeks later and I think on the second day of her absence that crystal of bad vibes and me had a little come to Jesus meeting around midnight or so and I took it outside and dropped it on the concrete patio, it broke perfectly in half,well, that wasn't near good enough in my book, so I'd picked up the left half piece and slammed it down where it disintegrated into a thousand and one shards of nothingness,while attempting to repeat the process with the right half piece "IT" reached around and "BIT" me in both my hands,cutting and bleeding in 4-5 cuts in each a few milliseconds before it hit and broke into 6-7 pieces in a shower of sparks but the sparks in my hands felt like an electrical jolt(I've been hit with 220 current and know what it's about),,,and this is the weird part as it defies pretty much the laws of physical nature as I know them ,for the basketball sized black cloud of smoke or whatever the hell it was that arose out of the shower of sparks shot straight up till it hit the awning pans and traveled in the downward angle of the sloping pitched direction till it rolled out and up into the night sky,,,
Ya, she was pissed cuz' she said it cost a lot of money when she showed up in the morning and I'm like to bad, I told you from day one I'd didn't like that evil SOB around me,,, you should've took it with youo_O

(Ya, I don't play very well with the "dark side" of things):starspin:

Status
Not open for further replies.