Strange Encounters. Personal Stories Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimrose

Reaction score
Ha, I didn't even know that was a word! Just looks like a bunch of random letters smashed together

My dad taught me that word when I was 9 years old. I asked him what the longest word in the English language was, and this was the word he told me. He told me how to spell it and what it meant. I never forgot it. lol. But I can't remember simpler words with less complicated meanings.
:laugh:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I don't have too many cool scary stories but I have a few that stand out to me. One, I will never forget and I can see it plain as day right now in my mind.

- So, in my early 20s me and 3 friends lived in a bachelor pad together. This was in a house built in the 60s or 50s eras, somewhere in there. Epic party house (you know it goes in your early 20s). You could tell it was an old farm house that the city grew around. Anyways, I head off to bed one night as normal. In the middle of the night I wake up and there is a shadow standing over me on the left side of my bed. I go to move as I am thinking somebody is standing over my bed, yet, I cannot move. At all. I then notice that I can hardly breathe. I want to, with every fiber in my being, get up and attack this thing (or run) but I just cannot move. As panic sets in this shadow finally disappears and all of a sudden I can breathe and move again. It was an absolute insane experience. Now, I understand its a thing called sleep paralysis, however, I saw a shadow standing over me. No face, no anything absolute, just a black silhouette shadow. It has never happened to me since then, this was like 2003, but it is definitely something I will never forget.

- My wife and I built my house I am currently typing from in 2010. So, it is fairly new. I have had no weird things flying around or strange sighting, however, every now and again while I am sitting on my PC I will feel somebody touch me. So vivid and real I turn around and expect to see my wife. At first, I thought it was my shirt maybe touching me or something but this has happened a few times now. So, one night I decide to tell me wife about this and she gets this serious look on her face. She has experienced the same thing!!!!! So, I don't know what is going on, I'm not afraid of my house and have had no crazy issues here, but I find that odd. Very odd.

Damn it, now you guys have me looking over my shoulder. haha

Them

Reaction score
Ha! That's scary stuff! LOL. I have the same problem with the word "beautiful". The only way I can spell it is to sound it out like a second grader. "bee - ay - yu - tiful". That's pretty embarrassing, since I'm a girl who uses the word all the time. :facepalm:

...!?...Hmmmm.....Something tells me you maybe "Bee-ay-yu-tiful!"...;)

maxdogg

Reaction score
Ok Kim I really do have a bunch of stories I can share here but I will start with this one and it is kinda sad.
This was about 3 years ago I was with a sales company for over 10 years and had many customers.
Well this one customer was well known by all of our sales people.I had a friendship with this guy as we were both civil war buffs.
Any way I was on a 2 week vacation and that was 18 days straight. the first 9 days I spent at my cabin with my sons the second 9 days we spent at home on day trips and golfing and such.
Well on starting the second week my boys wanted to go shopping to get video games and stuff and of course I said yes lol.Well we went to our local target and the boys picked out what they wanted we were heading towards the registers and my boys were trailing behind On the left side of the aisle there was this client the civil war buff his name was mark he was looking straight ahead he was not making eye contact with me but I remember what he was wearing khaki pants and an olive drab dress shirt he looked sharp.I was going to go over and say hello to him but I turned back to collect my sons when I turned back to say hello he was gone. I looked all around but did not see him. well I just figured he went to be with his wife and kids or whatever.
Anyway no big deal but the next day my best friend called me and said did you here what happened to mark?
I said what? well the day after I went up to the cabin he shot himself in the head in his basement while his wife was upstairs!!
A full week before I saw him at Target!! I told my friend that's impossible I saw him yesterday and he said yeah ok.
But I will tell you I know It was him and I saw him like he was alive a full week after he shot himself. May he rest in peace

kimrose

Reaction score
Ok Kim I really do have a bunch of stories I can share here but I will start with this one and it is kinda sad.
This was about 3 years ago I was with a sales company for over 10 years and had many customers.
Well this one customer was well known by all of our sales people.I had a friendship with this guy as we were both civil war buffs.
Any way I was on a 2 week vacation and that was 18 days straight. the first 9 days I spent at my cabin with my sons the second 9 days we spent at home on day trips and golfing and such.
Well on starting the second week my boys wanted to go shopping to get video games and stuff and of course I said yes lol.Well we went to our local target and the boys picked out what they wanted we were heading towards the registers and my boys were trailing behind On the left side of the aisle there was this client the civil war buff his name was mark he was looking straight ahead he was not making eye contact with me but I remember what he was wearing khaki pants and an olive drab dress shirt he looked sharp.I was going to go over and say hello to him but I turned back to collect my sons when I turned back to say hello he was gone. I looked all around but did not see him. well I just figured he went to be with his wife and kids or whatever.
Anyway no big deal but the next day my best friend called me and said did you here what happened to mark?
I said what? well the day after I went up to the cabin he shot himself in the head in his basement while his wife was upstairs!!
A full week before I saw him at Target!! I told my friend that's impossible I saw him yesterday and he said yeah ok.
But I will tell you I know It was him and I saw him like he was alive a full week after he shot himself. May he rest in peace

Wow, how did I miss this, Max?? I'm sorry, buddy. Sorry about your friend, too. What a sad story. I know you saw him, I believe you completely. Perhaps he was saying goodbye. It's funny you mentioned he was staring straight ahead. I would swear on my life I saw my dad a few weeks after he died. He was sitting in the front seat of my car, staring straight ahead, not looking at us or anything else, just staring, like he was waiting for us to get in the car. He even had his baseball cap on. This was the car that I took him to all of his cancer treatments and doctor appointments in for the eighteen months before his death, so maybe he was just waiting to go to his next treatment, the one he wanted so desperately and believed would help him. His bloodcount kept dropping by that point, though, and the cancer was eating it as fast as they were giving it to him, so he was too weak for any more chemo and never got that next treatment. :(

maxdogg

Reaction score
Wow, how did I miss this, Max?? I'm sorry, buddy. Sorry about your friend, too. What a sad story. I know you saw him, I believe you completely. Perhaps he was saying goodbye. It's funny you mentioned he was staring straight ahead. I would swear on my life I saw my dad a few weeks after he died. He was sitting in the front seat of my car, staring straight ahead, not looking at us or anything else, just staring, like he was waiting for us to get in the car. He even had his baseball cap on. This was the car that I took him to all of his cancer treatments and doctor appointments in for the eighteen months before his death, so maybe he was just waiting to go to his next treatment, the one he wanted so desperately and believed would help him. His bloodcount kept dropping by that point, though, and the cancer was eating it as fast as they were giving it to him, so he was too weak for any more chemo and never got that next treatment. :(
Hi Kim Sorry about your dad my mom went through the same thing:(
As far as my story some things I skimmed over but this guy was not a close friend I would say I saw him like 3 times a month for work but we did always talk civil war history.
Also the reason I mentioned the way he was dressed and that he looked sharp is because in his line of work he never dressed like that.
It was like he did not have one hair out of place. I saw him for a good 10 seconds as I was walking towards him when I turned back to call my sons he was no more than 15 feet away.
Also this guy was best friends with one of our sales members and he is a buddy of mine and I never told him this story because at the time I thought it would upset him.

kimrose

Reaction score
Hi Kim Sorry about your dad my mom went through the same thing:(
As far as my story some things I skimmed over but this guy was not a close friend I would say I saw him like 3 times a month for work but we did always talk civil war history.
Also the reason I mentioned the way he was dressed and that he looked sharp is because in his line of work he never dressed like that.
It was like he did not have one hair out of place. I saw him for a good 10 seconds as I was walking towards him when I turned back to call my sons he was no more than 15 feet away.
Also this guy was best friends with one of our sales members and he is a buddy of mine and I never told him this story because at the time I thought it would upset him.

Sorry about your mom, Max. Lost mine the year after my dad. Maybe one day you will tell your coworker, and then you will find out that he saw him, too! :)

MileyDancer

Reaction score
One time while chunking liberated Jack- o- lanterns
At vehicular traffic under the influence of some pretty good micro-dot, some dude with a smashed grill stopped and started shooting at us,,,well I took off running thru people's backyards and ran full on into a clothesline thusly decapitating myself,,, after my buddy's found me they thought it would be funny to stick a flashlight in my mouth and hurl my head at that oncoming light blue Buick sedan,,, well ,when my severed illuminated field expedient jack-o-lantern head hit the windshield the poor middle aged woman driving had a massive coronary and crashed into my merry prankster buddy's killing them also,,,whew! That was some night,let me tell youo_O

:omg:
Micro dot? Amateur. Red gel tabs. Ha!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's amazing and freaky! You have to feel a bit honored that he chose to show himself to you!

maxdogg

Reaction score
How much do you know about him? Did he have many more friends than you?....Any family?
well if you look at my post below that first one it will tell you a little. A friend of mine who was his best friend was crushed by this but I did not have the heart to tell him my story as I think it would have upset him.

GMO415

Reaction score
At LACUSCMC I met an actual Dougie Howser. At age 15 he was a resident. Incredible.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mind the site insensitivity restrictions and try to keep on topic please, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.