Strangest NFL day in memory

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
From the Cowboys being virtually unrecognizable after a defining momentum laden win against Vikings (with our best player watching against a middle of the road team at home) )to Bills losing to Jaguars, Raiders to the Giants, Saints to the Falcons , Rams to the a Titans , Packers to the Chiefs , it was just one of the strangest days I can remember.
From a team stand point if feels like we gave away all the momentum we had generated after 6 wins, it just is not a game this team should have lost at home . I have no idea what to expect , it would not surprise me if we lost the next 4 games in a row to be 6-6 or we win 3 out of the 4 to be 9-3 .
I have no idea.

Last edited:

Zman5

Reaction score
From the Cowboys being virtually unrecognizable after a defining momentum laden win against Vikings (with our best player watching AND ten days to prepare for a middle of the road team at home) )to Bills losing to Jaguars, Raiders to the Giants, Saints to the Falcons , Rams to the a Titans , Packers to the Chiefs , it was just one of the strangest days I can remember.
From a team stand point if feels like we gave away all the momentum we had generated after 6 wins, it just is not a game this team should have lost at home after 10 ten days to prepare. I have no idea what to expect , it would not surprise me if we lost the next 4 games in a row to be 6-6 or we win 3 out of the 4 to be 9-3 .
I have no idea.

How do you figure we had 10 days to prepare? We played last Sunday.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
From the Cowboys being virtually unrecognizable after a defining momentum laden win against Vikings (with our best player watching AND ten days to prepare for a middle of the road team at home) )to Bills losing to Jaguars, Raiders to the Giants, Saints to the Falcons , Rams to the a Titans , Packers to the Chiefs , it was just one of the strangest days I can remember.
From a team stand point if feels like we gave away all the momentum we had generated after 6 wins, it just is not a game this team should have lost at home after 10 ten days to prepare. I have no idea what to expect , it would not surprise me if we lost the next 4 games in a row to be 6-6 or we win 3 out of the 4 to be 9-3 .
I have no idea.
Atl is huge. Following games at KC,LV and at NO. All teams with winning records. Which we’ve only beat one team this year with a current winning record.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
You're the one that emphasized 10 days to prepare I was just curious how the hell you came up with 10
I got it man I was wrong on that . However it’s a really minor thing compared to my actual point.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I got it man I was wrong on that . However it’s a really minor thing compared to my actual point.

It's all good. Gotta hope they were just flat from the big win last week. Wins like that can be emotionally draining and today seemed like that and on top of it everything that could go wrong went wrong. Just a weird Sunday for our Cowboys and a few other teams around the league. It was a **** storm

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Yeah it was definitely one of those wierd wierd days. I was telling my buddy how I dont ever remeber a day like this across the NFL. A lot of people in survivor pools didn't survive lol.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
It's all good. Gotta hope they were just flat from the big win last week. Wins like that can be emotionally draining and today seemed like that and on top of it everything that could go wrong went wrong. Just a weird Sunday for our Cowboys and a few other teams around the league. It was a **** storm
Super weird day

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From the Cowboys being virtually unrecognizable after a defining momentum laden win against Vikings (with our best player watching against a middle of the road team at home) )to Bills losing to Jaguars, Raiders to the Giants, Saints to the Falcons , Rams to the a Titans , Packers to the Chiefs , it was just one of the strangest days I can remember.
From a team stand point if feels like we gave away all the momentum we had generated after 6 wins, it just is not a game this team should have lost at home . I have no idea what to expect , it would not surprise me if we lost the next 4 games in a row to be 6-6 or we win 3 out of the 4 to be 9-3 .
I have no idea.
I agree, this is the strangest NFL day I can remember.

But may I suggest to you that maybe “momentum” is just a totally made-up thing that has nothing whatsoever to do with reality? Once you get used to that idea, you won’t be surprised as often.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This team came in cocky, played cocky, and got their tails handed to them in the process. You can NEVER take an NFL team for granted. EVER! The play calling was arrogant on both sides of the ball. Moore had his worst game of the season calling plays, and Quinn has to stop moving guys in and out of the game WAY too much. You can't play all of your guys dude, just play the best. I'm still re/watching the game so stay tuned.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Atl is huge. Following games at KC,LV and at NO. All teams with winning records. Which we’ve only beat one team this year with a current winning record.

This is false. The patriots currently have a winning record, and so do the Chargers

Matt

Reaction score
This is false. The patriots currently have a winning record, and so do the Chargers
Barely lol.. we’re a complete reflection of the ‘07 cowboys.. so much hype we think we’re better than we are. I am really worried about December/January (as I have been the last 20 years lol)

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
So now the sky's falling again? Come on guys, it was an unnecessary loss, but not the end of the world. If they lose the next 2, then we'll talk. Until then, let's see if they can recover from this embarrassment and take the win next week.

Shall we?

As far as the weirdness of this week goes, I got the Saints and Packers right in our betting league here at work. So as far as I'm concerned, their losses were expected. :p Only too bad the Cowboys couldn't cash in on that opportunity.

Oh, and 10 days? 10? :p:p:D