Street & Smith's take on the Commanders

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
I stoppped reading after this first sentences based on the presume that you must be either a openly admiting Deadskins fan, a still hiding in the closet Deadskins fan, a suffering from mental deludedsions, or you are having some some sort of major seasure and in need of imediate lobotomize to the brain.

May God have merciless on your soul!
Nice! :lmao:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
I stoppped reading after this first sentences based on the presume that you must be either a openly admiting Deadskins fan, a still hiding in the closet Deadskins fan, a suffering from mental deludedsions, or you are having some some sort of major seasure and in need of imediate lobotomize to the brain.

This is simply astounding.

I have met the Cowboy version of Gatom. Truly remarkable.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
Vintage said:
This is simply astounding.

I have met the Cowboy version of Gatom. Truly remarkable.
Ok maybe I'm an idiot, but if you don't mind who or what is Gatom?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
austintodallas said:
Ok maybe I'm an idiot, but if you don't mind who or what is Gatom?

An Atlanta Falcons fan who I've "discussed" football with on their site.

He believes Vick is the greatest QB in the game right now. And he believes if you take any QB in NFL history from their rookie year until the age of 25 and compare them to Vick.....that Vick measures out as the best.

The best part is, his grammar rivals leotis's. Thats what I was referring to.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Vintage said:
The best part is, his grammar rivals leotis's. Thats what I was referring to.

Someone suggested reading the posts while imagining a German accent.

I have also found that I can amuse myself by reading the posts while imagining the French Taunter.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Someone suggested reading the posts while imagining a German accent.

I have also found that I can amuse myself by reading the posts while imagining the French Taunter.

I shall try!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
leotisbrown said:

If I ever found myself rooting for the Skins, I'd rip off my own leg off and kick my own arse.

Rich.........

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
If I ever found myself rooting for the Skins, I'd rip off my own leg off and kick my own arse.

Rich.........

What about if we needed a Commanders victory in week 17 to secure Home Field Advantage?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Vintage said:
What about if we needed a Commanders victory in week 17 to secure Home Field Advantage?

I'd just stick my head in an oven or pretend it never happened, like the JFK assassination.

Rich......

DGreenFan87

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
[Adam] Archuleta is just a guy. Brandon Lloyd is just a guy, not a difference-maker.
and santana moss was just a guy too when we picked him up. :rolleyes:

AsthmaField said:
Al Saunders will put in a complete new offense and, if you look where it's been installed at new places, it takes two years for it to fire up.

he very well could be right about this. there's no guarantee that our offense will come together and be familiar enough with the new scheme by the time the season starts. but that's a risk that gibbs was willing to take. we could very well suck bad this year on offense. but then again, if everything comes together and the offense works, we could be one of the best offenses in the league. it's gonna be either all or nothing for us. (hopefully all :))

nothing in football is guaranteed so i take everything with a grain of salt.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Yeah, that comment made me wonder exactly who that scout/coach was. The point of Street & Smith using a coach or scouts opinion was to get detail and objectivity on each team. You don't sound very objective by saying a team, who beat another playoff team and played competitively aganist the conference representative in the superbowl, really wasn't a playoff team at all.

His opinion remains valid because of his position, yet they could've found a more objective scout/coach IMO.

I think the comment about them not being a playoff team was shared by many observers. Including fans with no axe to grind, from my experience.
No doubt they made the playoffs but just watching them during the season they never seemed like a team talented enough to be in the playoffs. Winning ugly might be a more descriptive term.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2much2soon said:
I think the comment about them not being a playoff team was shared by many observers. Including fans with no axe to grind, from my experience.
No doubt they made the playoffs but just watching them during the season they never seemed like a team talented enough to be in the playoffs. Winning ugly might be a more descriptive term.

If the Cowboys would have not given that 1st game away to the RedStinks...they would not have even made the playoffs!

And...this forum would not have been raided by these RedStink roaches...they would still be under some rock...waiting...waiting...waiting...for Art to turn the lights out, so that he can sooth them with a little food...to survive until "next year"! :lmao:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DragonCowboy said:
I'm just joking. IMO, there's no way to predict who's going to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even 4th.

Someone that gets "it"...

Here are three Beautiful Stars for you...

:starspin :starspin :starspin

lspain1

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
With that, the Skins are projected to have the second oldest starting defensive roster. With age, you're more likely to get injured and the Skins lack depth pretty much everywhere on defense. Not to mention that there was a study a few years ago on NFL injuries that found that defensive players are twice as likely to get injured as offensive players.

Rich............

Rich, I also find the Commanders' experiment (because that is what it is) to build a team in today's NFL via free agency interesting. It'll be a neat trick if it works. Your depth discussion also points out the main weakness of the approach.

Last year one of the significant weaknesses of the Cowboys was a lack of depth. That weakness was exposed by injuries and made a huge difference in the season outcome. I would also submit that both the Eagles and the Giants suffered similar fates due to injuries and lack of depth to varying degrees.

The team that seemed to suffer least in the NFCE to this was the Commanders. I believe the Commanders had fewer players on the DL than the rest of the division, and those players that went on came off quicker with a milder set of injuries. Unless the skins' have discovered a training regimen that magically reduces injuries, that pattern is not likely to repeat itself this season.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
2much2soon said:

That doesn't make it any more valid. The Giants get shut out in the first round, no one says they didn't deserve to be a playoff team. The Skins play two competitive games and they should've never been there?