Eric Weddle
Kenny Vaccaro
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin
Darien Stewart
Kareem Jackson

Kaiser

Reaction score
Supply and demand. ET is the guy we want and he wants to be here, both sides need to wait and see if anyone will make a truly stupid bid. If they don't, the leverage is mostly on the side of the Cowboys.

Reaction score
Supply and demand. ET is the guy we want and he wants to be here, both sides need to wait and see if anyone will make a truly stupid bid. If they don't, the leverage is mostly on the side of the Cowboys.

Yep. But even if someone makes a stupid bid for him, we should be getting another off this list in the secondary market. Would be FO malpractice to go into the season with Heath, Woods, Thompson + draft pick.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yep. But even if someone makes a stupid bid for him, we should be getting another off this list in the secondary market. Would be FO malpractice to go into the season with Heath, Woods, Thompson + draft pick.

I think its definitely ET, but I agree we pick up a FA. I woudn't be upset with Tre Boston.

Also this was Xavier Woods' first full season and he was playing well at the end of the season. He should be better next year with a full season of experience.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Stephen Jones:
giphy.gif

erod

Reaction score
This doesn't help Earl Thomas' position, but I'm afraid he'll hold out until it does.

Dallas needs to make a fair offer worthy of his elite talents, put a time frame on it, then tell him to take it or leave it.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This doesn't help Earl Thomas' position, but I'm afraid he'll hold out until it does.

Dallas needs to make a fair offer worthy of his elite talents, put a time frame on it, then tell him to take it or leave it.

True but his problem is there aren't many teams looking for a starting safety and if they are, I doubt they are looking to $10m+, especially after what happened last season. Bottom line, if he rejects a Cowboy offer of let say $7-9M and we sign another player, he could **** out of luck.

Tussinman

Reaction score
True but his problem is there aren't many teams looking for a starting safety and if they are, I doubt they are looking to $10m+, especially after what happened last season. Bottom line, if he rejects a Cowboy offer of let say $7-9M and we sign another player, he could **** out of luck.
both the free agency and draft are loaded for safety this year and there's not a ton of teams looking. If we can't get a single person on this list and severely upgrade one of are weakest positions for only 4 to 7 million dollars per year (with 50 million in free cap + tons of possible restructures) then there is seriously something wrong with this team

Our money along with this safety class being stacked there's absolutely no reason why Jeff should be our starter next year

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Will be very curious to see how the safety market shakes out, a guy like Dstew could be a real steal if others get signed early, and some how he is still available.
Playing the FA market is a lot like playing the stock market, you have to strike when the price is right,,
I think Stewart might be a bit under the radar.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Perfectly put. A+

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
both the free agency and draft are loaded for safety this year and there's not a ton of teams looking. If we can't get a single person on this list and severely upgrade one of are weakest positions for only 4 to 7 million dollars per year (with 50 million in free cap + tons of possible restructures) then there is seriously something wrong with this team

Our money along with this safety class being stacked there's absolutely no reason why Jeff should be our starter next year

Louder!!!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

ET will go to the highest bidder. If it's a tie, advantage Cowboys, but he's looking for his last big pay day. Don't kid yourself.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
No excuses for us to walk out of March without signing one:

Earl Thomas
Landon Collins
Tyran Mathieu
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Boston
Adrian Amos
Tishaun Gipson
Ha Ha Clinton Dix
Eric Weddle
Kenny Vaccaro
Jonathan Cyprien
Glover Quin
Darien Stewart
Kareem Jackson

We like our guys...they are not "scheme fit"...Stephen!

Kaiser

Reaction score
ET will go to the highest bidder. If it's a tie, advantage Cowboys, but he's looking for his last big pay day. Don't kid yourself.

OK, I won't kid myself about something I never said. I sure won't kid myself about something my post said the opposite of.